The Oasis

LYAT is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In LYAT you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the LYAT motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.
Yolostar
Chief Executive Lackey

Re: The Oasis

Post by Yolostar (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:21 pm

I've said it in other threads today but I'll post it in here so people know I'm not just shitposting. If you are honestly upset that you can't post serious things on your pony forum FOR ONE DAY, you probably need to step back and re-evaluate just how much you are invested in a My Little Pony fansite. Maybe you should just get off the computer today. That would probably be a good thing, just sayin. Complaining about it right now makes you look like a spoilsport and a stick in the mud.

kidcoelacanth
Princesses of Soul

Post by kidcoelacanth (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 pm

snakeinabox wrote:I've said it in other threads today but I'll post it in here so people know I'm not just shitposting. If you are honestly upset that you can't post serious things on your pony forum FOR ONE DAY, you probably need to step back and re-evaluate just how much you are invested in a My Little Pony fansite.
Pretty much this yes.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Scuderia Ferrarity wrote:Making this an ongoing forum would be a mistake though.
I have no idea what you're talking about. This is amazing and I want it to go on forever. :snoop:

I mean jeez, if it becomes a problem somehow, just tear the LYAT subforum down again.
Gloriosa Did Nothing Wrong

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:36 pm

One thing about this year's April Fools: it gave me an episode idea for my cartoon.

I'll post the story outline once the normal forum is back.

Daikatuna

Post by Daikatuna (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Mr. Big's avatar reminded me, while there may be problems with Double Rainbooms plot, it does have good moments. That one for instance.

PhoolCat
EE
HECKING
YUP

Post by PhoolCat (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:40 pm

snakeinabox wrote:I've said it in other threads today but I'll post it in here so people know I'm not just shitposting. If you are honestly upset that you can't post serious things on your pony forum FOR ONE DAY, you probably need to step back and re-evaluate just how much you are invested in a My Little Pony fansite. Maybe you should just get off the computer today. That would probably be a good thing, just sayin. Complaining about it right now makes you look like a spoilsport and a stick in the mud.
I disagree. I think Glaed has a serious point and I am saddened that it has caused him any grief.

This is not just a pony forum to me, it's the main - and p much only - community I am part of at the moment, and that is through my choice because I like the atmosphere and people here better than anywhere else I know of at this time.
This does not mean Pony has taken over my life or that I can't exist without posting or reading serious posts about it, but it is the central hub of my online life and I would be a little pissed off if it were blocked to me.
Fortunately (for me, at least!), I have been able to take part in and enjoy today's silliness and have a good laugh at the shitposting. I hope that nobody took my stupid crap seriously and if anyone has gotten upset or fed up, well, sorry, but it's the modern-day Saturnalia, so :dwi: :snoop:

Yolostar
Chief Executive Lackey

Post by Yolostar (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:43 pm

It's literally one day. ONE DAY. If it makes you feel any better just imagine that cosmo shit up the server again for the day and you have to do something besides be on the internet. I know, it's a scary prospect but I believe in you champ.

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Tailspin wrote:Mr. Big's avatar reminded me, while there may be problems with Double Rainbooms plot, it does have good moments. That one for instance.
I did get initially confused why Mr. Big's gender was displaying as female and they didn't have a gangtag. Then I realized my mistake. :-I

Weird Autumn
Party with the kids who wanna party with you
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:45 pm

ROBOT B9 wrote:Holy shit. We managed to post more in one day, then we did in a couple of weeks.

To tell you the truth, I like the more relaxed style of the normal forums better.
It's interesting to me that you feel like the regular forums are more relaxed while some people like this because of the exact same reason. Personally I agree with you, but I think that's probably because 'overly wordy and introspective' is my default state of being while 'giving so few fucks you can barely be bothered to utilize language' is very much not. For some people it comes naturally, but I'd have to basically put on an act to hang with the cool kid shitposter crew.
Orange Fluffy Sheep wrote: You come to a forum where everyone is making joke's and having a great time insulting each other, post that you do not like the joke's, and expect everyone to say "okay" and not insult you?

Really?
If you're bein' all wild and crazy and goofy and it's bothering somebody it's basic decency to be able to turn that off for a few seconds and not be a dick about it until you come to an agreement. That's honestly my biggest problem with FYAD-inspired shitpost forums in general, 'cause the "irony" just never turns off.
snakeinabox wrote:I've said it in other threads today but I'll post it in here so people know I'm not just shitposting. If you are honestly upset that you can't post serious things on your pony forum FOR ONE DAY, you probably need to step back and re-evaluate just how much you are invested in a My Little Pony fansite. Maybe you should just get off the computer today. That would probably be a good thing, just sayin. Complaining about it right now makes you look like a spoilsport and a stick in the mud.
Honestly it's not about the seriousness of the posting, it's just about the tone. I like goofin' around and makin' jokes as much as the next guy but I basically have to sit the day out 'cause I'm not fond of the shitpost aesthetic and yeah, that's a little bit of a bummer.
Last edited by Weird Autumn on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Boss
A tourist trap that can surpass Mystery Shack?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Please do not dogpile on Glaed.

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Did you folks learn nothing from Lesson Zero?
If a friend is having a problem, and they think it is a huge problem, but it is actually a tiny problem, you make fun of them until they quit being like that. They then grow from it.
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Dragoness
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dragoness (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:54 pm

kefkafloyd wrote:Please do not dogpile on Glaed.
While I appreciate what you're trying to do, I don't need your help Kefka.
Last edited by Dragoness on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Dropping tears does not always mean the sadness.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Orange Fluffy Sheep (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:54 pm

The biggest problem with LYAT is that I'm going to forget to capitalize the first words in my sentences for a few weeks.
:snoop: Image :snoop:

Big Boss
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Glaed wrote: While I appreciate what you're trying to do, I don't need your help Kefka.
I saw the pre-edit.

It's more of a general thing, please do not use this thread to go "oh jeez you just don't GET IT."

Discord

Post by Discord » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Aramek wrote:Did you folks learn nothing from Lesson Zero?
If a friend is having a problem, and they think it is a huge problem, but it is actually a tiny problem, you make fun of them until they quit being like that. They then grow from it.
Not sure if serious :squint:

But on the off chance you are, Lesson Zero gave the idea that it's not good to make fun of and ignore someone, even if they are overblowing something, because that just causes the blow-up to continue untill it reaches a horrible climax. Talking reasonably and respectfully to someone so that they can gain more perspective on the situation is the right thing to do, not to lynch the person and make them feel unwelcome and/or stupid, because often the base concern is a valid one even if it might be being exaggerated.
Last edited by Discord on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yolostar
Chief Executive Lackey

Post by Yolostar (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Opposing Farce wrote: Honestly it's not about the seriousness of the posting, it's just about the tone. I like goofin' around and makin' jokes as much as the next guy but I basically have to sit the day out 'cause I'm not fond of the shitpost aesthetic and honestly, yeah, that's a little bit of a bummer.
Close your browser, turn off your computer, do something else. It's not that hard, I do it all the time! You could go outside, maybe exercise some, read a book, work on some homework if you have that sort of thing, do some chores around the house/apartment/hotel room, go out on a date with your better half, hang out with friends, play a video game, go donate blood, THE POSSIBILITIES ARE, LIKE, ENDLESS! Don't like the shitposting that only lasts for a day? Go do something else and come back tomorrow and everything will be back to normal. Hell, you've only got 8 hours to go!

preview edit- This isn't really directed at a particular person, just using OF's post to point out that it's not that big of a deal if the forums aren't to your liking for a day. Hell, I deal with that EVERY day!

RudeCyrus
nightmare eyes
Rainbow Racers
Patreon supporter

Post by RudeCyrus (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:04 pm

If it helps, I've had a lot of fun today.

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:09 pm

snakeinabox wrote: Close your browser, turn off your computer, do something else. It's not that hard, I do it all the time! You could go outside, maybe exercise some, read a book, work on some homework if you have that sort of thing, do some chores around the house/apartment/hotel room, go out on a date with your better half, hang out with friends, play a video game, go donate blood, THE POSSIBILITIES ARE, LIKE, ENDLESS! Don't like the shitposting that only lasts for a day? Go do something else and come back tomorrow and everything will be back to normal. Hell, you've only got 8 hours to go!

preview edit- This isn't really directed at a particular person, just using OF's post to point out that it's not that big of a deal if the forums aren't to your liking for a day. Hell, I deal with that EVERY day!
It's not a big deal, and it's cool that y'all're having fun, but like I said I'm just not a fan. I don't see how that makes me some kind of obsessive nerd who just can't find anything better to do with their time.

And if your problem is that the forums aren't shitposty enough for you 364 days out of the year, well, I don't really know what to tell ya. There are other places to go for shitposting so if that's what you want to do it'd probably be a good idea to find one of them.

Yolostar
Chief Executive Lackey

Post by Yolostar (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Opposing Farce wrote: It's not a big deal, and it's cool that y'all're having fun, but like I said I'm just not a fan. I don't see how that makes me some kind of obsessive nerd who just can't find anything better to do with their time.

And if your problem is that the forums aren't shitposty enough for you 364 days out of the year, well, I don't really know what to tell ya. There are other places to go for shitposting so if that's what you want to do it'd probably be a good idea to find one of them.
It's less that it's not shitposty enough and more that people take these forums way too seriously.

RudeCyrus
nightmare eyes
Rainbow Racers
Patreon supporter

Post by RudeCyrus (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Tomorrow things will return to normal and we'll all go back to complaining about the lack of ponies.

DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:16 pm

I like it. I never shitpost really but it's fun to have a day to unwind and do just that. Posting stupid nonsense just for the hell of it. If it went on for more than a day it would get old fast but, as a once a year thing, I enjoy it. I've always found April Fool's Day to be fun.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:17 pm

I think the point is that constantly complaining that this isn't fun does nothing but annoy everyone who is having fun. If you're not enjoying it, shrug, chuckle while shaking your head, go "those crazy kids" and go do something else.

Grousing achieves nothing.
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Dropping tears does not always mean the sadness.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Orange Fluffy Sheep (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:17 pm

rudecyrus wrote:Tomorrow things will return to normal and we'll all go back to complaining about the lack of ponies.
But I think I've posted more in the last hour than I have in months! I'll miss my pony-themed shitposting emporium.
:snoop: Image :snoop:

Throbulator

Post by Throbulator » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Hey Glaed, I'm sorry you feel that way. Do you want to go play minecraft or something? We could build something huge.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:24 pm

I think this is the only funny thing on April Fools this year: Jim Cummings start a Kickstarter for a "Darkwing Duck" movie.

Check it out

Dexanth
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dexanth (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Today has been overall amazing.

Actually, Kefka, is there any chance that the color aesthetic could be a real theme? I really do like the pink on purple, it's very calming and relaxing.

Dr. Forums Worst Poster

Post by Dr. Forums Worst Poster » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:26 pm

I enjoyed posting and I hope I made people laugh with my jokes :)

Big Boss
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Mr. Big wrote:I think this is the only funny thing on April Fools this year: Jim Cummings start a Kickstarter for a "Darkwing Duck" movie.

Check it out
I'm throwing all of my money at the computer, but it's not doing anything! :snoop:

Daionus The 23rd

Post by Daionus The 23rd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:27 pm

I love Youtube's April Fool's Day gag.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Mr. Big wrote:I think this is the only funny thing on April Fools this year: Jim Cummings start a Kickstarter for a "Darkwing Duck" movie.

Check it out
This is a thing of beauty.
Image /// Image /// Image

Hyper!!!

Post by Hyper!!! » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Daionus The 23rd wrote:I love Youtube's April Fool's Day gag.
What is it?
Is youtube options preventing me from seeing it?

Daionus The 23rd

Post by Daionus The 23rd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Go to a video and click on the logo on the upper-left-hand corner.

It's amazing how much effort they put into it.

Big Boss
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Just FYI, the rest of the forums will be opened back up around 8-ish eastern time. It'll still be twist themed, but emotes and such will be back to normal.

LYAT will be open until midnight.

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Mr. Big wrote:One thing about this year's April Fools: it gave me an episode idea for my cartoon.

I'll post the story outline once the normal forum is back.
OK, this makes me feel excited... :excite:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:37 pm

Today can be viewed as a fascinating study in human psychology and sociology. Like, seriously deep Lord of the Flies stuff.

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Check it out
10/10 would Kickstart.

You know I should probably check out those comics. Darkwing was always my favorite of the Ducktales-era Disney shows.

Frith
Princesses of Soul

Post by Frith (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:43 pm

Shitposts were fun at first, but I got tired of them pretty fast. But it's nice that we had such a day, because most of the people seemed to have fun time.
Last edited by Frith on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doodlesplat

Post by doodlesplat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Durandal wrote:Today can be viewed as a fascinating study in human psychology and sociology. Like, seriously deep Lord of the Flies stuff.
One day of LYAT only scratches the surface of Lord of the Flies type stuff .. the more interesting things happen later.

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:51 pm

It's funny, I've actually been contemplating bringing up the possibility for a multiquote function to exist on the boards. Nothing as hectic as the quote train that "Quote me, please" can get to, but just the option to have one quote within another set of quote tags would make some discussion a bit easier to follow when both the source and its response can be easily quoted together, instead of having only the response or having to fiddle around with quote tags to get both to appear.
ImageImageImage

RudeCyrus
nightmare eyes
Rainbow Racers
Patreon supporter

Post by RudeCyrus (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Octavia, that thread was such a bad idea.