An actual rainbows and sunshine kind of thread?

Where only the shiniest threads are preserved for all to see.
doodlesplat

An actual rainbows and sunshine kind of thread?

Post by doodlesplat » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:58 pm

Recently I've seen a fair number of sentiments to the effect of 'sigh, this world is depressing'. Ponilessness might have something to do with it. The way I deal with that feeling is to return to a balanced perspective by reminding myself about (or even discovering) the things in this world that aren't depressing. Naturally, I thought that sharing (discussing is fine too) these things might help readers here balance their perspectives and counter the negativity in the real world. The Hall of Mirrors thread is for personal stories but I'd like to talk about general stuff.

Is there a thread for this? If not, would you like one? Other comments?

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Re: An actual rainbows and sunshine kind of thread?

Post by Octavia (?) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:17 am

Just make the thread and see how it goes. There's no need to have a thread to ask about making a thread.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Kraps

Post by Kraps » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:20 am

doodlesplat wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:58 pm
Recently I've seen a fair number of sentiments to the effect of 'sigh, this world is depressing'. Ponilessness might have something to do with it. The way I deal with that feeling is to return to a balanced perspective by reminding myself about (or even discovering) the things in this world that aren't depressing. Naturally, I thought that sharing (discussing is fine too) these things might help readers here balance their perspectives and counter the negativity in the real world. The Hall of Mirrors thread is for personal stories but I'd like to talk about general stuff.

Is there a thread for this? If not, would you like one? Other comments?
here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1084

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 am

Octavia wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:17 am
Just make the thread and see how it goes. There's no need to have a thread to ask about making a thread.
I haven't been around here long enough to be confident about it. But okay! I will start writing an initial post..
:allright:

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:36 am

Kraps wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:20 am
here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1084
doodlesplat wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:58 pm
The Hall of Mirrors thread is for personal stories but I'd like to talk about general stuff.
Anyway, yeah, OP, just post the thread. It's not like the forums can only have so many new threads before a popular one is closed to make room for a new one or anything.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:04 am

I think such a thread would be good! I love hearing about nice things and sharing some of them too.
Image /// Image /// Image

BackgroundPony
I'm ready to initiate self-destruct sequence.
Faithful Students
Patreon supporter

Post by BackgroundPony (?) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Since the depressed Hell thread is named after rainbows and unicorns, make the happy time thread title something like death darkness pain fortress of loneliness. :gotcha:

doodlesplat

Post by doodlesplat » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:34 pm

As teehee as that name would be, I just finished writing the post and the name change would clash a lot with the tone. :B

e: Here it is, viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3157