Forumswide Secret Celestia X-Mas X-travaganza 2!

Where only the shiniest threads are preserved for all to see.
Adir

Re: Forumswide Secret Celestia X-Mas X-travaganza 2!

Post by Adir (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:58 pm

JaceNV wrote: There's two of us in Boulder, and I think you guessed the one that didn't participate in Secret Celestia. :gotcha:

I have an excuse lined up. You aren't in the ponygoon's location thread as being in Boulder, CO, so I had no idea. :v:

Thanks for everything JaceNV. Though I'm terrible with knives, so hopefully I won't accidentally cut myself.
Last edited by Adir on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frosthawk
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by Frosthawk (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:10 pm

JaceNV wrote: There's two of us in Boulder, and I think you guessed the one that didn't participate in Secret Celestia. :gotcha:

How does it feel? :smirk:

*Aramek hug*

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:14 pm

Celestial Seasonings makes some good teas. They also make a great seasonal tea called Sugar Cookie which, amazingly, does in fact taste exactly like a sugar cookie, and I enjoy drinking it this time of year. Sugar Plum is really good too. JaceNV knows what's up. :vogue:

kidcoelacanth
Princesses of Soul

Post by kidcoelacanth (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:14 pm

Raganti just got fuckin schooled.

JaneCV

Post by JaneCV » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Raganti wrote:Though I'm terrible with knives, so hopefully I won't accidentally cut myself.
Also ideal for displaying next to your anime wallscrolls. :v:
Frosthawk wrote:How does it feel? :smirk:
Merry mistaken identity-mas to all!

Adir

Post by Adir (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:06 pm

Shavnir wrote:
You know in these posts its also okay to say who you were the Secret Celestia for :gotcha:

If it wasn't obvious, I was Shavnir's secret Celestia this year. Glad you enjoyed your gifts!

WalrusWhiskers

Post by WalrusWhiskers (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Glaed wrote:princess spaceship's av is the funniest thing to have come out of this so far.

Yeah, I saw that shirt while idea hunting the day after Secret Celestia assignments went out and it was just. too. perfect. :awesomedash: :smirk:
I'm glad you like it, and the other presents.

I actually saw that shirt while browsing WLF a long time ago, but I didn't bother to buy it. Thanks a lot man, you're the best.

Captain Funkadelic

Post by Captain Funkadelic » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:28 pm

BattyBovine wrote:
So now I just need an Applejack and a Plumsweet, and I'll have my old collection back again. Thanks, Secret Santa, for helping me restore my lost collection -- probably without even knowing you were doing me a huge favour. I have an inkling regarding who my Santa is, but given my luck I'm probably wrong. So I'll just wait patiently and see. :allears:
I'm glad you liked your gift. :yay: I had heard that you had lost your collection. :sweetiefrown: Rarity thought the best pony to start with was herself, and another smaller version of herself. Because you can never have too much of Fabulosity. Of course Fluttershy wanted to go too, So it all fell together nicely. :party: Enjoy the rest of the holidays!! :excite: :milkshake:

BattyBovine

Post by BattyBovine » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Well, I'm glad I didn't try to guess. All of my guesses would've been wrong. :v:

I just noticed today that this new Fluttershy has more accurately coloured hair, and Rarity is in a more interesting pose than the one I had before. So this is actually an improvement. And that's not even including all of their pretty accessories and stuff.

Thanks so much! :awesomedash:

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:17 am

Holy crap, I just started linking the daisy chain of Santas/Santees like last year, and already there's almost 60 members who joined in! That's plenty more than last year's total, and there's not telling who hasn't posted their gift/ousted themselves as another's Santa. That is crazy. Willsun is crazy. Crazy and awesome.

:allears:
ImageImageImage

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:23 am

Davyinatoga wrote:Holy crap, I just started linking the daisy chain of Santas/Santees like last year, and already there's almost 60 members who joined in! That's plenty more than last year's total, and there's not telling who hasn't posted their gift/ousted themselves as another's Santa. That is crazy. Willsun is crazy. Crazy and awesome.

:allears:
I'd love to see the big chain of everyone's santas/santees as soon as everyone is done posting what they got.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:38 am

Willsun was a bum and snipped it out, though I should have been not-a-giant-butt and hidden and spoilered it in the first place*. I may post them after a few more days when there's less big strings instead of more small strings.*

At least we know Throb and dirigibal recieved gifts from a different location than the one they sent theirs to, this year. :gotcha:
*Like this.
:v:
ImageImageImage

Luneshot

Post by Luneshot » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:45 am

Davyinatoga wrote:
At least we know Throb and dirigibal recieved gifts from a different location than the one they sent theirs to, this year. :gotcha:
I have to say, it kinda ruins the fun when you already know who sent your present because you were paired up with your own santa.

:pinkieshrug: Still got a good gift though, so I'm happy.

Dexanth
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dexanth (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:29 am

Present opened! I have all sorts of pictures and intend to post them when I get back from skiing tomorrow. With how awesome the presents were it deserves a proper post!

Willsun

Post by Willsun » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:04 am

I'm pretty sure I didn't make the mistake of making someone paired with each other this year. You guys are also welcome to keep track of who got who, but be careful not to spoil people with your personal detectivery even if you aren't really revealing anyone. The mere fact that you know you DIDN'T get someone is a spoiler. I know that if we assume everyone is reading every post in the thread, people will know who they didn't get, but I want to keep down the process-of-elimination counting so that it doesn't pressure people whose gifts haven't arrived at their Santee's place needlessly.

Also I'm late with my audit because I have family stuff popping up left and right; good things to be sure. Good ol' unexpected gifts are still rolling in too from other friends, Hey Ocean!'s kickstarter reward, and a Christmas gift from me to me. Regardless, I hope everyone is staying on top of their stuff because this weekend is coming up and I will want an immediate explanation for anything that hasn't arrived at their Santee's place yet.

Also, thanks to the comment left in my unboxing video, someone hinted at me about something I missed in the first box:

Where's my Minty emote? Mods??

Crow

Post by Crow » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:14 am

You paired HerrGeneral and I. :horse:

!saak
🎜 joie de vivre 🎜
Semper Pie

Post by !saak (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:34 am

Rereading the thread and I noticed Ozone's packaging has Dutch papers to keep things safe.
Doc, that's the same paper I used last year isn't it? :gotcha:
No package for me yet, but I made sure my phone had a ROM with a working videocam to document its long awaited arrival :)

Willsun

Post by Willsun » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:35 am

Well shit.

I swear I checked everyone with the search function on my Excel sheet when everyone was lined up in two columns. I'm not at my computer so I can't confirm, but damn me if I paired a Santee with their Santa.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:28 pm

At least you didn't pair someone with themself!

Merry Christmas to me... :fluttersmith:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Dr.Dinosaur

Post by Dr.Dinosaur » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Octavia wrote:At least you didn't pair someone with themself!

Merry Christmas to me... :fluttersmith:
I dunno what you are talking about, I would have bought myself the best gifts!
:yay:

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 pm

I successfully tricked my brother into getting me an Xmas present I wanted! :party: It's not actually here yet, but, we got it for cheap, and it'll come in the mail!
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Crow wrote:You paired HerrGeneral and I. :horse:
And you both didn't sign up after the deadline?

(I am literally laughing out loud :horse: )
ImageImageImage

Luneshot

Post by Luneshot » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Davyinatoga wrote: And you both didn't sign up after the deadline?

(I am literally laughing out loud :horse: )
I signed up like two days after it was posted, but SOMEONE managed to lose my address and not tell me about it until afterwards. :squintyjack:

Mike_NLN

Post by Mike_NLN (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:55 am

So this happened.
:awesomedash:

Without further adieu, unboxing video!

Group shot
Contents:
  • Cloudsdale figure set
  • 2 pack of Trading Cards
  • Tehas A&M can cozy
  • Little Debbie Chocolate Cupcakes (weird, but in a good way)
  • Rhythm Heaven (Been wanting to play this for a while)
  • A badass set of vinyl Cutie Marks for my motorcycle. Super stoked! :excite: [/list:u]
    A letter only slightly more illegible than my handwriting, but looking way more stylish.

And the bike that's soon to be at least 20% cooler

Thank you Reidransom!

reidransom

Post by reidransom » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:14 am

I'm glad it arrived; it was supposed to be last week! That's what I get for using an off-brand shipping company. See if I use you again, PoniEx :applejargh:

Anyway, merry late Xmas!

And since I'm back at a computer,

I cheated and opened it up before I left down to my folks' place Monday, and that turned out pretty great. I love me some jazz and Coltrane is one of the masters. Thanks again Artificer!

Mike_NLN

Post by Mike_NLN (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:25 am

reidransom wrote:I'm glad it arrived; it was supposed to be last week! That's what I get for using an off-brand shipping company. See if I use you again, PoniEx :applejargh:
I can't be mad at Derpy for getting lost on the way.

Mad Surge
Who put sparkles all around me?
Semper Pie

Post by Mad Surge (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:02 am

To my Santa: The package is here in Italy, but it's now handled by a hilariously incompetent agency that, no jokes, is capable of not coming at all and then signing a missed delivery without even leaving some ticket acknowledging it. :unenthused: I am so sorry, but probably I won't get your present until new year. AVOID SDA LIKE THE PLAGUE IF YOU SHIP SOMETHING TO ITALY (and if you can).

...in other news, something else has arrived! And I know who sent it :allears: Sorry Willsun, looks like me and Perrydotto cheated a bit :gotcha: She sent me an extra present and I gifted her The Witcher 2 on Steam. Pictures, coming soon! :yay:

EDIT: and here they are, straight from the memory card!

Here it is! It got pretty beat up on the exterior, but nothing inside was harmed!

Looks festive! :-P I wonder what's inside?

Once opened, I get greeted by a ton of pony themed paper tissues. Why doesn't Italy get all these nice things? :starity:

One box jumps up and demands to be opened first! It's very insistent, so I agree...

...on the promise to get spelling lessons from time to time. :grammarnazi:

:excite: Oh boy, I sure do box! Now, let me open you and...

Wait, wha...

...PERRYYYYYYYYYYYY! :twonk: :applejargh: (Seriously though, well played ma'am :golfclop:)

You, other box! Where is my pink pony? :glare:

Oh, well, that's better.

AAAAAA :-D Best tree decoration ever!
Well, here's a box saying "hope it's not too conceited"... what will it be?

YES! These posters are awesome, and getting them from the author herself is even better! (also have a hand of my VERY puzzled mom's hand. "It's a joke between us, I swear!" :liarjack: )
But what's this? It looks like there's something else tangled in the tissues...

:awesomedash: More pony swag! :milkshake: Pinkie, Zecora and one of the spa ponies!
Thanks a lot for the loot, Perrydotto! You have the right to be tightly hugged next time we meet :party:
Now, let's hope my Santa's package isn't mishandled and arrives safely someday...
Last edited by Mad Surge on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image

brakeless

Post by brakeless » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:50 am

Hold on to your socks 'cos christmas ain't over yet! A box has arrived. (a rather heavy box)

Alright, let's get to it. A few precise slahes with a knife and...

Newspaper!

Here's what the box revealed. So many packages. :starity:

I decided to open the pink one first as it was the only one that made noise when shaken and therefore clearly the best one. Inside there was another package...

...and this.

Note the requirement for handling this wonder.

Well, let's go see what Ponyville has to offer.

I don't know any of these people!

The book also contained a bunch of little plastic horses and a small map. If this is anything like army men, I think this is what you're supposed to do with them. (I am not an expert.) I left this photo big so you can appreciate all the detail. :horse:

Next up, the newspaper scroll was a load of foreign nonsense, probably capitalist propaganda, but a sweet thing was hidden inside.

:3: I already know I'm wonderful, but just looking at this still makes me happy.

Next!

Ooh, desk ornaments. In caliber 20*102 mm. I'm guessing practice rounds for the M61 Vulcan. Cool beans. :chillin:

Two to go.

Awesome. Looks like good reading.

One more.

Gasp, could it be?

HELL YES the most awesomest cover why am I so damn giddy about a my little pony comic I have no idea but this is great hohmygosh welp I guess I'm doomed to bying every single one now :excite:

Well, that was my secret santa package and what a package it was. Based on things I think I have Dong Strongly to thank for it. Thanks for everything, man. Have a great new year. :party:

Throbulator

Post by Throbulator » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:36 am

And finally I get to open my package!

Behold it in all its cardboardy splendor. So pristine, so full of potential. One of the stickers on it tells me the mailman tried to deliver it the 20th of December, so it got here before Christmas. Good job Secret Santa. Too bad I wasn't home that day to receive it.

Before taking the pictures I took the liberty of removing the address label (don't worry secret santa your secret is safe with me), and blot out the text on the costums label. I did my best not to focuse on the letters and just hose them all over with the black marker.

A first glimpse inside. Newspapers and an envelope. And there's crossword puzzles on the newspapers! Score!

I decided to be a good Santee and focuse on the card before tearing into the crossword puzzles. On the front it reads "Brrring on the joy!" although I'm not sure the penguins are freezing. They look like they're warmly dressed for the season. Happy little penguins. :3:

The inside of the card with a festive greeting!
Secret Santa wrote:"Dear Throbulator,
You have a funny name. Also I hope your Christmas this year is just as silly and fun.
Sincerely
<REDACTED>"
Guilty as charged, it's a great name. :gotcha:

But what's this about <REDACTED>? Is this some sort of clue game and upon solving it I'll learn the identity of my secret santa?! Maybe there's clues on the newspaper pages!
The Newspaper wrote:Pieces of plane found:
Four men have unearthed pieces of what they say is a World War II-era fighter that crashed 71 years ago in a farm field in southeastern Michigan...
Not a clue. Nope.

Hmm, maybe this unsolved sudoku is a clue.

Nope.

This entire page with showing times for various cinemas? Nah, definitely not a clu- OMG VETERAN'S SALE AT MACEYS!!! But not a clue.

Seems I got a bonafide Secret Santa. :vogue:

Anyway! Back to the goodies! I can't wait to solve those crossword puzzles!
How did I search the newspaper for clues if it's all still crumbled up in the box? It's a christmas mystery!

My God. It's full of ponies... :sweetielarm: :ponydrugs:

AAAAA!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :awesomedash:

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA! PONIES! :yay: :ponydrugs:

These will go great with all my other ponies. Thanks <REDACTED>! I didn't have any of the brushies you gave me. This is great! Now let's just get them out of their packaging..

Hrrm, this is actually kind of difficult. Damn it, what's the deal with all that tape?

Aha! Rarity is out! Now let me try and get that mane fixed.

Hrrrm.. This comb is rather small and not very effective.

This is not a comb.

This is a comb!
Now let's get that mane done proper.

Pony swag. So much swag. Thanks again <REDACTED>! This is great!

My menagerie. Can you spot the duplicates? Don't worry about the duplicates, <REDACTED>, this was an awesome gift.

As a final note for <REDACTED> I'm not sure if you want your identity revealed, so I decided not to go and look up your address in the ponygoons locations thread. But I gotta say the discrepancy between your home address and the city the newspaper is from is pretty clever. How on earth did you do that?

BattyBovine

Post by BattyBovine » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:13 pm

Throbulator wrote:As a final note for <REDACTED> I'm not sure if you want your identity revealed, so I decided not to go and look up your address in the ponygoons locations thread. But I gotta say the discrepancy between your home address and the city the newspaper is from is pretty clever. How on earth did you do that?
I did that by using whatever newspaper was originally shipped with that box. :v:

I'm honestly flattered that you think I'm smart enough to come up with a puzzle for revealing my identity. I had considered trying it, but I didn't want to steal your idea from last year. It was your idea from last year, right? I honestly can't remember. :wat:

Anyway, I'm glad you like the ponies! :yay:

Throbulator

Post by Throbulator » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:28 pm

I'm not sure. I wrote a letter encoded in horse letters for diribigal, but I forgot if I included clues to translate it.

Thank's once again. I think I'll keep the box/newspapers for future use. :yay:

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Where are you santee? :gonkity:

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:05 pm

a letter encoded in horse letters
You did that to me last year I think! :applejargh:
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Dragoness
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dragoness (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:09 pm

He did it to me too during the... HNH day thing I think it was.
ImageImageImage

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm so psyched to see brakeless got his package. I was afraid it had been detained at customs. Anyway, I realized long after I had wrapped, packed, and sent the package off that I forgot to include the notes I had typed up for each gift.

The newspaper was included so you could witness the crass commercialist garbage that is the only reason that newspapers are still in business. The demilled dummy ammo were training rounds, the blue bullet being a steel training projectile and the purple one is an armor-piercing tungsten. What I like about the 20mm cases is that you can stash small items and money in them.

I'm a bit upset that you didn't appreciate the highly detailed and aesthetically gorgeous G3 Ponyville playset not really

The book about Everest is the only one I've seen or read that interviews the Sherpas, which which is a much more interesting perspective than "White People Describing Their Disastrous Vacation".

Finally, I picked up the comic immediately before a crowd of loud, meme-spouting bronies forced their way into the store to make everyone's day a bit less enjoyable. I wish I had taken a video of them because at one point, one of them started spinning around with his arms out like a grotesque, pasty helicopter.
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

Damathacus

Post by Damathacus » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Dong Strongly wrote:
Finally, I picked up the comic immediately before a crowd of loud, meme-spouting bronies forced their way into the store to make everyone's day a bit less enjoyable. I wish I had taken a video of them because at one point, one of them started spinning around with his arms out like a grotesque, pasty helicopter.
I'm happy you didn't take that video, youtube already has way too many of those things and they ruin my day every time they show up in my recommended videos section for god knows what reason. :unenthused:

Westy543
RIP old forums

Post by Westy543 (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Throbulator wrote:I'm not sure. I wrote a letter encoded in horse letters for diribigal, but I forgot if I included clues to translate it.

Thank's once again. I think I'll keep the box/newspapers for future use. :yay:
Wait there was supposed to be a set of clues to translate it? That may be why I never got through the message you sent me for HNH day. :v: (or maybe I'm just bad at cyphers) Maybe I should take another crack at it anyway.

VaultAggie

Post by VaultAggie » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:48 pm

My secret santa was awesome and got me;
Neverwinter Knights 2 and the expansion! :excite:
I love Obsidian and after pledging money to their kickstarter, I want to play more of their games.
An awesome poster of NYC. My wall in my apartment is pretty blank, with just a few art pieces on it so this poster will do wonders to it.

Thanks a ton to my secret santa! I didn't find your name in any of the paperwork but thanks a ton!

Throbulator

Post by Throbulator » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Aramek, Glaed, and Westy wrote:horsie letters
Based on all the confused posts in the Hearts and Hooves thread it looks like I didn't send out ciphers. Oops. :gotcha:
To quote myself from the same thread:
Throbulator wrote: The weird scribbly text is inspired by a post in the tehoofery thread about a guy making a pony alphabet: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50&start=400#p96964

I'm a bit of a sucker for strange looking alphabets, so that one was right up my alley. It's the same script I used for the secret santa note I sent to Diribigal.

Y'all been reading horse letters. :gotcha:
I think it's pretty cool you've saved the note Westy. :allright:

brakeless

Post by brakeless » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Dong Strongly wrote:I'm so psyched to see brakeless got his package. I was afraid it had been detained at customs. Anyway, I realized long after I had wrapped, packed, and sent the package off that I forgot to include the notes I had typed up for each gift.

The newspaper was included so you could witness the crass commercialist garbage that is the only reason that newspapers are still in business. The demilled dummy ammo were training rounds, the blue bullet being a steel training projectile and the purple one is an armor-piercing tungsten. What I like about the 20mm cases is that you can stash small items and money in them.

I'm a bit upset that you didn't appreciate the highly detailed and aesthetically gorgeous G3 Ponyville playset not really

The book about Everest is the only one I've seen or read that interviews the Sherpas, which which is a much more interesting perspective than "White People Describing Their Disastrous Vacation".

The playset was great, it gave me the biggest laugh of the day. I've read a bit into the book and yeah, the perspective seems to be a good one. It's a shame how the sherpas have played second fiddle to Great White Explorers for so long.
Somehow I have a feeling that your comic store story isn't an uncommon one. :lol: