MINECRAFT: Horse moved wrongly!

Ooh, I love fun things! (Games, both video and traditional, discussion. looser posting styles allowed)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

PhoolCat
EE
HECKING
YUP

MINECRAFT: Horse moved wrongly!

Post by PhoolCat (?) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:52 am

More of an interest check than anything - some people expressed an interest in crafting and mining again, so I've spun up a very vanilla little 1.16.4 server with a fresh new world on my own pc at home so not really up for too many at once.

However, if you'd like to come and make holes in scenery, sail the seas to look at dolphins and/or otherwise noodle around on a shared server hmu by PMing on here or Discord and I'll give you the ip and add you to the whitelist.

:eeyup:
Last edited by PhoolCat on Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

Pocket
everything's a little bit weird now

Re: MINECRAFT: The Return to Pony Lego Game

Post by Pocket (?) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:58 pm

Might not be the best timing; the next big update is going to completely overhaul worldgen again, from the sound of things. Like, they're lowering the bedrock level even, I think.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of...

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:38 pm

Pocket wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:58 pm
Might not be the best timing; the next big update is going to completely overhaul worldgen again, from the sound of things. Like, they're lowering the bedrock level even, I think.
Worldgen changes are generally handled a bit more gracefully now than they were in beta 1.8. And more importantly IMO, that's not supposed to be until next year. Might as well play while PhoolCat is offering a server.

PhoolCat
EE
HECKING
YUP

Post by PhoolCat (?) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:25 pm

Much like computers and phones, the next big version is just around the corner.

The difference here is that this one is free. :spoiler:
Image Image Image Image

PhoolCat
EE
HECKING
YUP

Post by PhoolCat (?) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:23 am

Rule 4: Don't leave bits of trees unharvested around the place, it looks messy
Image Image Image Image

Pocket

Post by Pocket (?) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:31 pm

I always make a point of only cutting down single trees or clumps of trees with gaps all around them, so I don't have to clean up the leaves that think they're part of the wrong tree.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of...

PhoolCat
EE
HECKING
YUP

Post by PhoolCat (?) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:26 pm

Image :rariwhat:
Image Image Image Image

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:02 pm

PhoolCat wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:26 pm
Image :rariwhat:
Found the problem!

In all seriousness, though, I find it useful to ride a horse named Dinnerbone. That way the horse's head and neck aren't blocking the bottom center of the screen when you ride it.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Re: MINECRAFT: Horse moved wrongly!

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:00 pm

Today I built something a bit bigger than my usual stuff. South of my home, there's now this platform, with a big device made of redstone lanterns across the strait.

If you go up to it, it offers a challenge: shoot the target from the gold block.

The lanterns light up for each shot landed on the target, with more lighting up based on how close you hit. And if you get a shot on the bullseye, then in addition to getting a special achievement for hitting it from that distance, it launches fireworks! Come give it a try, especially at night.

Pocket

Re: MINECRAFT: Horse moved wrongly!

Post by Pocket (?) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:14 pm

I spun up a new world when 1.20 hit, and I've been playing around on it on and off since then, but there have been a couple of interesting developments I felt like sharing.

Firstly, I found out that if you're like me and want a good supply of mud bricks, there's a really convoluted method for converting excess stone blocks into dirt involving moss and growing giant spruce trees. The downside was, to me at least, ending up with a massive surplus of wood. But my subway station looks amazing. They really need to put more "tile" blocks in the game, like with half-sized squares like the ones you make out of copper. That, and let you choose the texture orientation for the tops of stairs the way you can with logs and such.

Secondly, I found a village pretty early on that was right on the edge of an ice-spikes-in-the-water biome, and ice spikes were growing up right through abut half of it, trapping three villagers in their homes and blocking off their workstations. I finally got around to bringing a Silk Touch pick and a nearly-empty inventory to clear it all out. And as if to reward my rescue, one of the villagers turned out to be a fletcher who's buying sticks! I had no idea that was even a thing! So a couple trips later, I had converted all my excess logs into sticks, sold them, and spent my earnings on a bunch of quartz blocks from the masons down the street.