PL1E25-26: The Rarity Report/The Great Divide/The Great Collide/Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular

Episode, movie, and comic book discussion threads are kept here once they have been released.

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

PL1E25-26: The Rarity Report/The Great Divide/The Great Collide/Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:40 am

The Rarity Report
[No synopsis available.]

The Great Divide
[No synopsis available.]

The Great Collide
[No synopsis available.]

Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular
[No synopsis available.]
After thirteen weeks of Pony Life (and one week off), it's the end... for now! Leaked slides from a Russian licensing fair (yeah, Hasbro ain't exactly forthcoming with information sometimes) indicate there'll be a second season of Pony Life next year, but until then, here we are. Tune into Treehouse or drop into #ponyday on Discord at 10:50 AM Eastern and let's see it through!

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Re: PONY LIFE 25-26: The Rarity Report/The Great Divide/The Great Collide/Sportacular Spectacular Musical Muzak-ular

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:19 am

It never occurred to me until now that, with Pony Life's format as it is, if this show wants to do a song then they practically have to burn an entire episode to do it. I guess that goes to show why it got saved for the end, but at least it came out well.

The lesson that Bulk Biceps taught feels like another one of those that was more nuanced than I expected out of My Little Pony overall, that competition can be worthwhile if it inspires your friends to do their best. Maybe it says more about me than anything else that I thought this mattered, but oh well; I think it did. :twiright:

SigmasonicX

Re: PONY LIFE 25-26: The Rarity Report/The Great Divide/The Great Collide/Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular

Post by SigmasonicX (?) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:27 am

We've reached the end of season 1!

This set of stories was a bit weak overall, especially for a season finale. A bunch of characters came back, but I was disappointed they didn't really do much. Not the worst stories, though.

"The Rarity Report" was the best of the lot, since it was just Rarity being Rarity. Also confirmation that Rarity knows stage fencing. That ending gag was really strange, though. Why end with a random reporter making something that isn't even a pun?

"The Great Divide" / "The Great Collide" was pretty weak. They spent way too much time on set up, and the conflict of the girls not wanting to be in conflict was odd. Gags like Rainbow being faster when there's honey at the finish line were simply strange.

As for the final episode, the song was alright, but also well below the singing standards of these characters. I suppose it comes down to the fact that Tabitha St. Germain is singing for Rarity and Andrea Libman is singing for Pinkie.

I'm glad there's a second season coming if only because this would have been a letdown as an ending. I'm hoping season 2 does more to explore returning characters, especially Potion Nova, who wasn't around nearly as much as I expected. Maybe we'll get a full-on anti Mane Six to finish out Dishwater, Buttershy, and Octavio. I also hope they do more with story arcs, since that's something that really helped differentiate this from FiM.

Adiwan
Patreon supporter

Re: PONY LIFE 25-26: The Rarity Report/The Great Divide/The Great Collide/Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular

Post by Adiwan (?) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:50 am

I wholeheartedly believe "The Great Divide" was named this way on purpose
https://avatar.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Divide
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams