my journey through the endless abyss of the gaming backlog

Ooh, I love fun things! (Games, both video and traditional, discussion. looser posting styles allowed)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Aria Genisi
Now THIS is 2021!
Night Mares

my journey through the endless abyss of the gaming backlog

Post by Aria Genisi (?) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:43 pm

At the beginning of the year, I resolved to work through my collection of games that I've got piled up thanks to steam sales, humble bundles, impulse purchases, and just plain old procrastination. It's a lot of games, but I intended to make a sizable dent in my list before the end of the year!

Now, it's November, and while I got some games done, I've got way more that I haven't played yet, thanks to other, brand new games that have been just way too good! Arghhhh! :twonk:

So with the end of the year approaching fast, and just about all the big releases I've been interested in already passed, it's about time to actually return to this and actually get something done already. In this topic, I'll basically be giving my thoughts as to the different games I've played/have been playing for my backlog.

Currently Playing Through
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Little Inferno

Aria Genisi
Now THIS is 2021!
Night Mares

Re: my journey through the endless abyss of the gaming backlog

Post by Aria Genisi (?) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Little Inferno is a nifty little puzzle-ish game. It's like, one of those sandbox activity applications where you're just dropping a bunch of things in an area and using tools to interact with them. In this game though, you're just dropping all sorts of items of dubious quality and burning them. The puzzle element comes in when trying to come up with combinations of items to burn together. You need to burn certain amounts of combinations to unlock new item sets, which in turn unlock more and more possible combinations to potentially burn. It's a generally relaxing game, but the bits of story/lore that you get as you make progress are all rather interesting, giving you a window to look beyond just this interactive fireplace that you're messing around in for the entire game.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is a game I've had and then just kinda dropped at some point before, and now I've generally forgotten the plot up to then. I don't even knoq how far into the game I was, though I was probably not very far. This one is gonna take me a while. It's just so freaking HUGE.

sharkmafia

Post by sharkmafia (?) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:35 pm

have you played fire emblem(s)

Aria Genisi
Now THIS is 2021!
Night Mares

Post by Aria Genisi (?) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:29 am

Awakening and Fates: Conquest are on my backlog, as I own both of them, but have not beaten either

sharkmafia

Post by sharkmafia (?) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:27 am

okay well all english fire emblems are worth playing although if you play conquest you have played the best of fates so you can probably ignore the other two
Last edited by sharkmafia on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamondheart

Post by Diamondheart (?) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:36 am

Pretty much all the Fire Emblems except 4 (which I beat) and 5 which I do not like the looks of)are on my gaming backlog, including 6 which I started but never finished. I plan on getting to them after my Pokemon kick.