TRS Secret Celestia 2019 gift exchange thread!

Where only the shiniest threads are preserved for all to see.
SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

TRS Secret Celestia 2019 gift exchange thread!

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:48 pm

It's that time again! The season for sharing, caring, and madcap postal adventures! The Secret Celestia gift exchange express is pulling into the station, and you're all invited!

The deadline to sign up is Sunday, November 17th, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.

Previous Secret Celestia threads: 2018, 2017, 2012

How does this work?

How to sign up:
  1. Post a wish list in this thread!
  2. Send an e-mail to horsiesanta[at]gmail[dot]com with the following information:
    • Your forums nickname
    • Your name and a shipping address where you can receive a shipment! It needs to be enough info for your local postal service. DO NOT PM THIS, USE THE E-MAIL.
    • Whether you are willing to have an international Santee (please yes!)
    • and/or whether you are signing up as a Super Secret Celestia or a Lovable Urchin, and whether you would like to send a postcard to an Urchin
    • Whether you want your Secret Celestia package decorated or plain and discreet
  3. Receive your Secret Santee via PM, find a tasteful gift for them around $15-$20, and ship it!
  4. Image
  5. Share pictures of your Secret Celestia gifts on December 25th in this thread to spread the holiday cheer!
Sign-ups end 11:59 PM Pacific on Sunday, November 17th, and assignments will go out by forum PM soon after!
What to wish for

Anything that's appropriate for sharing on the forums is okay, keeping in mind the price guidelines above. General suggestions like "comic books" are fine, but the more detail you can provide on your interests, the easier it'll be for your Secret Celestia to find something you'll like. However, please keep in mind the price and how easily your Celestia can find what you ask for.

If there's anything you're definitely not interested in, or if you have special concerns like food allergies, make sure to write those down as well.

What to give

A thoughtful gift worth about $15-20 is the guideline. Going beyond that is fine too, but you should expect your own gift to fall in that range. If it's clear you didn't put any thought into your gift, or especially if you don't send anything, you may be banned from the forums.

Need a better feeling for typical gifts? Check out previous years' threads at the top of this post.

What NOT to give

Nothing illegal, nothing that would be seized by customs, and nothing breakable. Examples:
  • Nothing dangerous, even if it's a collectible (e.g. knives)
  • Avoid perishables, especially meat and produce
  • Alcohol may be okay domestically, but it's usually a no-go internationally
  • Liquids need to be packed super well to protect against breakage.
Lovable Urchins and Super Secret Celestias

If you just can't participate in the gift-giving because of your financial situation, you can also sign up as a Lovable Urchin, and we will try to match you up with an extra-awesome Super Secret Celestia who's willing to send an extra gift. This depends on who's willing to sign up, so we can't make any promises, but we'll try our best.

If the Urchin so desires, we also encourage anyone and everyone to sign up to send a postcard to them, regardless of gifts.

International Gifts

Since our forums are spread out all around the globe, anyone who's willing to send a gift internationally will make matching people up much easier. Please allow more time for shipping, since gifts can often take a long time to get through customs.

If shipping a gift internationally is too difficult or expensive, you can also order from your Santee's local Amazon or other online retailer in their country to make sure it arrives safely.

Questions? Problems?

Feel free to PM me if you have any concerns, or if you need to clarify anything about gifts for your Santee, or any other questions!

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Re: TRS Secret Celestia 2019 gift exchange thread!

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:53 pm

Heck yeah I'm taking part!

1. Art supplies!
I go through a lot, so this is something I could use more of! Some of my choice supplies:

Kuretake Zig Cartoonist Mangaka Flexible Pen - Fine - Black. They've been a pretty good inking pen for comics, with great lines and good ink.

Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph Ultradraw Waterproof Ink. They're one of the few permanent ink that I can use on fountain pens without clogging up, so I always try to stock them as much as I can!

For paper, I use cardstock mainly (thicker the better), at least 8.5x14 (legal) inches big. Bristol board also works.

There are many more art supplies I'm willing to try, so if you see any that you'd think works for me, especially pens, that's all good! This is just to give you an idea of what I normally use.

2. Snacks
I have a sweet tooth, so snacks are always welcome, especially if chocolate!

3. Comic books
I pretty much have all the collections of newspaper comics I would want, but I'm open for graphic novels and collections of webcomics.

Webcomic collections I already have include "Sheldon" (I have "Literature!", "Pure Ducky Goodness", and "Pugs Unleashed"), "Little Dee" (I have the 1st volume), "Ozy and Millie", "Small Blue Yonder" (I have complete set for the latter two), "Precious Rascals" and "The Norm" (I own the latest 0.4 collection). Generally, anything not in the list is safe. I'm especially looking for "Octopus Pie" vols. 4 and 5

I have most graphic novels I would want (I have the complete set of "Hilda", "Big Bad Fox", "King of Kazoo", All of Raina Telgemeier), but I'm okay for surprises, especially if they're from an indie publisher!

And of course, mini-comics and other indie stuff that's from your city is always good!

These are all suggestions, of course. Anything you find neat is always gold! Have fun with this! :party:
Last edited by Mr. Big on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Call of Duty Ghosts
The Artist Formerly Known as Prince Pseudonym :v:

Post by Call of Duty Ghosts (?) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:40 pm

I think I actually haven't posted on a legit forum in over a year. :whatsup:

I wish I little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat, and a '64 Impala. :gotcha:

Things I'd Like, in no particular order:
  • A game like The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall, but like, off-brand.
  • A particularly interesting strategy guide for a game, regardless of if I own the game or not.
  • Some sort of weird computer accessory or peripheral. Like a cheap knockoff of the Steel Battalion controller, or some sort of cheap 3D input device like they use for 3D modelling?
We're working on bringing your friends back. :spoiler:

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Post by Smoke (?) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:49 pm

Another year, another Secret Celestia I'm signing up for as usual. My tastes haven't changed much to be honest, so I'm copypastaing the list again.

- Model kits are still my jam despite having less time nowadays. Here's my Scalemates profile with a direct link to the wishlist. There's no need to pick something specific from that(there's some big items on there) as I'm happy with anything. The stuff I've already built or have might be helpful as a guide, you can find that under "Stash" and "Completed". Tools and paints and things like that I can find relatively easily here so there's no need for that. And because I still feel kinda bad about taking so long on the kits I've gotten in CS before I'll bump one I receive up as the next one to do once I finish whatever I'm still working on at that time.
- Pony stuff is always welcome, best horses are still fashion horse and apple horse.
- I'm also a big fan of Transformers, Megaman games and Zelda games.
- Candy and treats are welcome, I'll try anything once. It'd be nice to get something local from your area. I don't have any allergies you need to consider.
- In case you feel like sending t-shirts, I'm a US XL in size. I prefer the more subtle stuff so I can wear it to work too.

As an addition, our son was born in July but he's growing at a decent pace and I have no idea what size he'll be once things start to arrive, so clothing for him is not required :). Something neat such as a toy for him is always welcome though, just make sure it's suitable for babies.
Image I shall sing you the song of my people
ImageImageImage

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:01 pm

Plopping in on this, I can participate this year, I'm in a much better place :yay:

List pending

Dry erase markers, lots of colors but if black, they have to be fine line
I've been itching for a black dry erase board (not chalk board)

I canNOT have anything with dextrose or cornstarch. Ive got digestive issues with them.

I love good omens, it's my current obsession. I love that series so much and love the main characters, Aziraphale and Crowley

Please Nothing pony related. I'm sorry but for reasons I've posted about in pony Joe's, I cannot deal with getting anything my Little pony I'm into good omens so if you draw me anything, the Ineffable Husbands is a good way to go
Last edited by Sailor Yue on Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:06 pm

YOU KNOW I'M IN :twonk:

Time to copy and edit last year's wish post. :v:

Shirt Size: Men's Large. If you get me a shirt, it can be as subtle or unsubtle as you like, but I much prefer shirts that have few to no words. I like it if a shirt tells a story with a picture rather than words.

Favorite Ponies: Octavia, duh. Rainbow Dash is my 2nd favorite and she has my favorite cutie mark. Other great ponies: Rarity, Scootaloo, Starlight Glimmer

Specific Pony Stuff I Want: This Rainbow Dash Piggy Bank. I also really like the 4de plushes and the only 2 of the main 6 I don't have already are Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.

Specific Pony Stuff I DON'T Want: I already have way too many posters and prints, far too many to hang up. I also have plenty of pony glassware, mugs, flasks, and coasters. I already have a Fluttershy Build-A-Bear plush, as well as Funko Vinyls of Octavia and Scootaloo, and every McDonald's 4th gen pony toy ever made.

Non-Specific Pony Stuff I Want: Anything unique involving any of the ponies I listed under my favorites

Non-Pony Stuff I Want: Unique food from your area! Doesn't matter if it's super spicy, sweet, sour, salty, pickled, or whatever. I'll eat it. My favorite candy is chocolate-covered pretzels, so I do really enjoy the sweet + salty combo. A unique musical instrument would be really cool too. I'll try to learn to play it and there's a high likelihood I'll actually use it in a track that gets played on television. It's already happened before with other instruments I've bought on a whim, like a jaw harp, kazoo, kalimba and ukulele. Finally I play ice hockey, so anything hockey related would be cool as well. My favorite team is the Chicago Blackhawks and my favorite current player is Jonathan Toews.

One Last Thing: DON'T FEEL OBLIGATED TO FOLLOW THIS LIST! Some of the best gifts I've ever received have been things I didn't ask for, so if you see something you'd think I'd like, go for it! Also, feel free to decorate the box with as much pony as you like!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:28 pm

Ho Ho Ho it's time to do the thing with the people at the place.

A short, tasteful list:
Oh boy do I ever love me some old ass cameras. I have a problem and I have no intention of getting help. There are plenty of cheap polaroids like spectras and even the digital instant cameras have been coming down in price but honestly I like everything because I have a problem. However, I understand people might not want to dive down that bubbling manhole to figure out what camera to buy so I completely understand if you don't.

As much as I like cameras, what I love more is eating and food and sometimes even eating food. I especially enjoy things unique to certain places. I'll try anything but I find sweets tend to survive the postal system better than most other foods. But like I said, I'll eat anything.

Pony stuff... ehhh if there's a stealth shirt or a cool little plush, I'm down. Otherwise I really have most of the stuff I think I'll buy as far as pony goes. Fave pones are Pinkie and Fluttershy and Starlight.

Or you could surprise me! Anything weird or wonderful or grotesque or frightening or whatever. Things that are interesting or have an interesting story or even a story itself. This is a big wide world filled with strange beautiful people and things and all of it will be mine, all mine.
If I'm being too vague or demanding, let the secret celestia president know and I'll see if I can do something about that. I can't wait to ruin someone's xmas!!!
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

Nautilee
Meh
Celestia's Champions

Post by Nautilee (?) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:56 pm

Signing up as an urchin. SC has always been a bright spot on rather glum or meh years.

I love dragons, snakes, space, cool minerals or gems, Steven Universe, and videagames. T-shirt size 3xl, although I much prefer artsy or subtle stuff. Pony stuff is ok, best pony is Celestia. Local snacky stuff is always great and very appreciated. I misplaced my loose leaf tea making stuff in a move several years ago and could use a replacement, and I like sweeter black, green, and white teas a lot. Plushies are hella good. And feel free to surprise me!

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:32 am

Oh hell yeah.

Shirt size: UK XL - I do have a lot of shirts already though.
Ponies: Haven't watched the show in a while but still wouldn't turn down some Fluttershy, Rarity, Luna, or Discord merchandise (avoid pony shirts unless they're very subtle!)
Packaging: You can decorate if you want to!

I'm on my phone so going to be brief for some of these:

1. Pride stuff - I'm pan and non-binary, but don't have a lot of stuff to represent that (one pair of socks from a previous Secret Celestia). I'd prefer small things - they/them pins, more socks (UK size 13), stickers, etc.
2. Old electronics? I've been on a bit of a kick with those recently, bought a Win XP era ThinkPad and an old Walkman (and can't find my cassettes in the loft). This could be Game Boy stuff or a kit for replacing the broken save battery in my Pokémon carts as I'm thinking about getting an Analogue Pocket next year. (I currently don't have any sort of soldering iron)
3. Collectibles - Banjo-Kazooie, Pokémon, Deltarune, Undertale are all safe bets! (Other than the Toriel plush and the first round of Undertale shirts, since I already have them)
4. Anything to do with my fursona - refs are here. Con badges, or small props if you can find them for that price, or even more generic furry stickers.

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:02 am

Hell yeah!

=================

1. Something that is local to you. Something that shows off your wonderful home. Coffee, candy, soda, beer, whatever you're known for and love to show off to the world.

2. Rarity is best main six. Starlight Glimmer is best non main six.

3. I love jazz. I love retrowave. I love Disco.

4. I love RPGs the most of all games. Board games too. You know of a board game that you love that nobody ever talks about or plays, maybe I'd love it!

American men's shirt XL.
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:50 am

I can actually afford to do this again this year! :yay:

===========================

Pony stuff: Anything involving Luna (best pony) or Celestia (second best pony). Bonus points if you are able to do something for my OC that Perry made for me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6P6C7 ... p=drivesdk

Non-Pony stuff: Anything Destiny related. I always like getting Destiny t-shirts and memorabilia. The Bungie Store is the best place to find this stuff. http://www.bungiestore.com

If there is something in the store that is $777,777.77, it means you need a special code to buy it from doing something in game, so just ignore those.

My shirt size is US Unisex 2XL.

Also, anything whiskey related. Not necessarily actual whiskey as I'm aware of the shipping issues, but glasses or other whiskey stuff would be great. Even books on the history of whiskey.

Thanks. :flutterunsmith:
Last edited by Snowfire on Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Name: Tammy

Big Boss
A tourist trap that can surpass Mystery Shack?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:41 pm

Because I'm lazy, I'll just-a paste what I Put in last year, because it worked really well!

Hello forums. I have a nice list of ideas here for you.
  • Local food things. This means stuff that's special to where you're from or homemade things.
  • Plane stuff. I love things that are plane themed.
  • Fan stuff - I love Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Sailor Moon (specifically Jupiter), Star Vs., etc.
  • Video games - Vidyas are great, I have Steam, a switch, a PS4.
  • Camera stuff - like small accessories or books or doodads for cameras/photography. My camera is a Sony A-mount (a99ii).
Please do not send t-shirts or pony stuff. Other than that, I'm up for pretty much anything interesting.

ToastGhost
Big adventure's waiting.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by ToastGhost (?) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:06 pm

Say whaaaaat? I'm joining in? :v:

Wishlist:
1. Teas and stuff. I love teas and stuff.
2. Videogames. I love videogames.
3. Poetry, something handmade. I love handmade stuff.
4. Local vegetarian snacks and candy! Something cheap and wholesome.

Love y'all. :-)
ImageImageImage

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:54 pm

In case there’s room for another Lovable Urchin, I’m throwing my hat in the ring. If there isn’t, that’s okay too and I hope everyone has a lovely Secret Celetia.

Just in case:

Pony: I still like pony! My favorites are :party: ;-) :fluttershock: :speakest: but I also like the CMCs and Maud. I’ve got the Mane 6 in 4DE plushies, but little figurines, stuff with cutie marks on it, etc, are fine.

Vidya: yeah I like video games. I have a Switch and a 3DS, plus my Steam account is available on request.

Also, I like lego, but it’s pretty expensive. I’m fond of the little polybag sets, though.

You might be able to find ideas from last year’s secret Celestia, too, although I don’t need any new clothes right now.

Basically, I don’t need anything expensive and I’ll be happy with whatever. :)
Last edited by Madeline on Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Post by drunkill (?) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:41 am

I'm in!

Posting last years info as it is still relevant

I'm fine with whatever is sent, although if it is to be pony related I would much prefer it to be subtle.

Details:
- Shirt size Aus XL/US Large
- Best pones: :vogue: :squintyjack:
- I like space stuff, I have gotten mugs and trackpants and nasa/spacex/blue origin shirts in the past and they are very cool.
- Local foodstuffs, although do note it would have to be sealed in order to past customs.
- I love dutch licorice so if you're from 'the continent' you can probably buy types which are not really sold here. I love it all and really we only get black coins, salmiak rockies, doublesalt and the various diamonds. Would love it, venco stuff would be great if possible.
- bideo gaemz! While I don't really need anymore videogames, you can check my steam or xbox profiles to see whats there.
- Knicknacks. Things to sit on the desk or hang on a wall.

Tips for mailing to Australia:
- Keep the weight down, that can get expensive.
- No wood or organic material that isn't a foodstuff.
- Sealed food only, they'll probably throw out un-sealed..i dunno, dried fruit?
- Leave plenty of time for it to arrive, it can take awhile, especially at Christmas
- No pony stuff on the package please. Don't write 'drunkill' anywhere on the box either (customs tend not to like that)

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Things I might like:
1. Academic-themed books: especially linguistics (and puns) and math or related study like functional programming. For examples, I wouldn't mind a physical copy of "Because Internet" (tied for top choice) Learn You A Haskell For Great Good! (also tied for top choice) or Real World Haskell. Pretty much anything is fair game (a repeat of a math book gives me one to share), but please don't get me another copy of "In the Land of the Invented Languages", or "Purescript By Example" (it's out of date) or comic artist science books (e.g. "Thing Explainer", "Soonish") or "The Math Book" by Pickover (that thing is too huge to have a duplicate of).
2. I have a connection to Specs Reads-a-Lot from Lalaloopsy and her cute little bookworm.
3. Japanese stuff: Anything in Japanese that's not anime or regular manga. I could always use something to practice with. I've heard good things about Tokyo Sonata and "Orange Days", but pretty much anything would be appreciated.
4. Local food: I like trying all sorts of food, so if you have something interesting that can survive the trip, I'll take it.
6. Surprises: Don't hesitate to send me something not on the above list. I like almost anything weird and unexpected, especially if it's kind of unique in some way. Like some local trinket/oddity unlike anything you'd find elsewhere? Great!

Things I'd recommend staying away from:
1. Shirts: (though I'm a US Men's Large if that is relevant/you found a special shirt you'd like to get me anyway); I can't wear T-shirts at work and I basically have enough shirts/don't express myself through shirts.
2. Games: I have an unfathomably large backlog. I don't need another game, even if it's on my wishlist. That said, if there's a game that has particular meaning to you that you'd really like me to try, I'd make time to give it a shot. I have a decent PC and a Switch.
3. Pony stuff: I'm pretty behind on the show, and feel like I already have the main pony toys/whatever I might ever want.
4. Art: I actually really like art, especially modern stuff-you-find-on-tumblr art, but I have a fair amount of books of webcomics and other art, and I don't look at what I have enough, so if you send me art I might not appreciate it properly.
5. A physical puzzle. You'd think I like them, but I really don't.
Last edited by diribigal on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage Very math.

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:06 pm

I am in for the horse gifts.

Ideas for the Doctor

1. Local foods. No liquor please, but I do love candy and black teas.

2. General Nerd stuff. I like Star Trek, LEGO, Doctor Who (duh)

3. Mixing #1 and #2 , mugs are nice. I could use a nice Star Trek mug

4. Warm, thick socks for house lounging (mens 10 or larger) :socks:

I really have enough pony stuff at this point.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:47 pm

I've never actually participated before, so I guess this is the year to get in on it!

Suggestions:
1. Books - I enjoy sci-fi, fantasy, history... any good reads would be appreciated.
2. Music - I like anything chill or fun. Electronic, oldies, funky, instrumental, whatever.
3. Recipes - I'm trying to improve my cooking skills, so suggestions are welcome.
4. Local color - Is there anything interesting you'd like to share about your locale? I think that'd be neat!
...or whatever else you think is interesting. I'm new to this.

Shirt size: American men's XL

I don't really collect pony merch, so I'm probably not going to be setting up a doll shelf.
Last edited by SlateSlabrock on Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blarghalt
Gaze into the Abyss, until the Abyss awkwardly comes up with a reason to leave.
Patreon platinum

Post by Blarghalt (?) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:28 am

Almost forgot to sign up for this!

Suggestions: I have an ever-growing jacket pin collection, so something like that would be nice. Usually something simple but cool; last year I got some really neat skull pins. Amazingly I don't have any cutie mark pins, but maybe you could change that! :twonk:

Other than that, any kind of men's medium shirt with epaulettes (those loop thingies on the shoulder) I'd really enjoy.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:57 pm

Heya! I'm the main signerupper, but this participation is going to be a joint Perry-Fontra venture. So you will get something from both of us, and dear Santa, I hope you are okay with sending something neat that makes both of us happy! :yay: I promise we're easy to please.

Things Perry Likes

Birds. Full stop. If you send anything neat that's bird-themed, chances are basically 100% I will adore it! Nifty decorations? Something about your favorite or local birds? Pictures of birds with arms?? Literally anything ordering the most powerful bird, the goose from Untitled Goose Game??? You name it, I'll love it.

You know what my household is really genuinely missing? A cool set of handy, sturdy but also neat looking coasters. I've reached that stage of adult where I actually clean stuff up regularly, and water stains are now my mortal enemy. I'd love coasters!
Related to that, I'm also really curious about improving my cooking and if you know a cool recipe or two you really like, Santa, do not hesitate to include it! (no worries about measurements, I have a set of US sized measuring cups)

I still really like horsies! In terms of merch, I've been downsizing my collection, so better refrain there, dear Santa. However, if you find some way to incorporate horses into something less typical or "merch-y", I'd be very happy about it. I especially always love useful items for the household or cozy stuff like pillows. My favorite characters are Applejack, Rarity, and yeah I admittedly still like Discord even if he's written like pants half the time.

I'm also still missing the My Little Pony art book (the one about the show in general), and that would kick butt to have.

Other things I really love: Pokemon (best mons are Chatot, Sirfetch'd, Wailord and Spheal), Ducktales 2017, She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, Star Trek (especially Deep Space Nine)

Things Fontra Likes

Still a big ol' scientist, and he'd really love something that sates his curiosity! So, his main wish would be some kind of nifty book about your region/city/state/you get the idea, Santa! Think history-, geography- or cook book. Bonus points if it's about something in your area that doesn't get as much attention as you think it could/should, Santa. A unique place, dish, person, landscape, sight that's a bit off the beaten path in terms of "tourist-y" things, or something popular that's not really fully or correctly represented in the mainstream? Basically anything you'd find interesting, Santa, because chances are, Fontra will think it's interesting too!

He's also really into She-Ra and the Princesses of Power and as usual likes the villains the best. Especially the Horde leaders. He's also very disappointed that Mantenna isn't in the show, and wants to make sure I mention this. Skeletor of course is the best He-Man Universe character, though. He's also still into Star Wars and has been enjoying that new Mandalorian show.

Fontra has not been particularly into horsies but enjoyed the good stuff from recent seasons I showed him, and quite liked the movie. He's not looking for anything pony but if you wanna include Tempest Shadow somewhere, he'll love you forever.

Other things that are always a safe bet are nifty snacks from the US that he can't get here. If you can find something tasty and package-friendly, he'd love you forever.

Things To Avoid

I'm lactose-sensitive, but I don't imagine that'll be an issue. Rule of thumb: The less raw the milk, the better. I can have cookies and baked goods just fine, for instance, but young cheese and cream are a big no-no (please don't mail cheese in any case, Santa, customs do NOT like it!!)

Please avoid anything containing licorice or stuff with heavy artificial smells/flavors. Sadly that kinda thing makes me gag. I also don't eat walnuts, but I'm not allergic to them.

Be Fun AND Safe With The Package!

We looooove decorated packages, so Santa, go absolutely hog wild in that department!

Just please package everything very safely and fill out all customs information FULLY and EASILY READABLE!! German customs can be real bastards and while I finally live closer to a customs office again, it's still an absolutely royal pain in the rear to deal with them. Make sure the customs information is complete. If they ask for item values, please still fill those in, even if you mark the package as a gift! Just make stuff up for the items and lowball them the values. Customs tend to be nice about things that are obvious gifts, but if a bureaucrat is feeling particularly poopy on any given day, they will still single out packages for things like missing item values, so if it's asked for, please fill it out!

Thank you so much for reading our rambles and for putting in the effort! We mean it when we say we are happy with anything you come up with, seriously. This list is very much a guideline, not mandatory! Have a wonderful holiday time, Santa :yay:
Image /// Image /// Image

Musings

Post by Musings (?) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:52 pm

Alrighty, e-mail sent! Here we go again!! :pinkietoot: :allears:

My list is mostly the same as 2017, with some updates!

The suggestions below for myself probably seem a bit, uh, thorough, but honestly, I'll likely be happy with anything... especially the fact that someone made an effort! :3

General Interests: Video games and the games industry; Ducktales 2017, Steven Universe, ponies and quality animation in general; movies; live-action/animated shows with more complex writing (stuff like Star Trek, and Better Call Saul/Bojack Horseman have been recent favs); A/V technology and computing; Very Specifically the Japanese Version of the Dragonball Franchise (I have all of the yellow DBoxes! You should probably stay away from this one unless you're familiar with Shunsuke Kikuchi).

Pins: Over the last year or so I've been really into collecting geeky/fun enamel badges, based on my above interests. Here are some of my game badges, and I've also got pins for various local charities, a DOOM floppy, a Pokemon Max Repel, an NES controller, and a pin of Manny Caravella. I don't have any pony ones yet, though...

Pony Stuff: If I'm 100% honest, I probably have enough pony stuff... but I'm still happy to receive anything cool, especially the more show-accurate things! That said, I should mention I already have the main decks from the CCG, and that there's not really any definitive release of home media for the show, so maybe lean towards other stuff like art originals, figures, pins, plushies or the comics. See below for some figures/plushies I already have. My favourite ponies are the Mane 6 (especially Rarity), Sunset Shimmer, all the Princesses (especially Luna), the CMC, Cheerilee, Octavia and Vinyl... well, most of them!

Plushies: I love plushies so much that I tried (and failed) to learn how to sew! My Toriel and Bak'laag guard my MAME cabinet, and I've been mighty tempted by some of the other Fangamer plushies. Since the last time I put together this list, I've gathered more pony plushies (including decently show-accurate medium Famosas of the Mane 6, and I already had a Build-a-Bear Spike), but I've been tempted by those more show-accurate, knock-off KuuruPop plushies (which covers a lot of background characters), or those awesome 4DE plushies!

Toys/figures/statues: I have a few Dragonball and pony figures/statues (some SH Figuarts and WeLoveFine stuff; the "Fan Series" Chrysalis and Discord/Fluttershy), but I wouldn't say no to more, especially any decently sculpted figures or posable video game characters, like the Figma stuff!

Art: If you're an arty type, I love one-of-a-kind art originals of anything related to my general interests above, especially if they're physical and I can frame them! That said, I am starting to run out of wall space here for prints (I have a few Andy Price pony prints, as well as some originals from Sibsy, SophieCabra and kenket). If you're crafty, I love home-made stuff!

T-shirts/Shirts/Sweaters: I'm a sucker for a good t-shirt, jumper/sweatshirt or hoodie, particularly if it's related to games or geeky things! I'm shirt size: Men's UK Large (err on even larger sizes if they fit small).

Food/snacks: I'm a foodie fusspot, so I'm not big on strong flavours, and I'm not good with nuts. That said, I do have a bit of a sweet tooth, especially for decent chocolate or gummies!

Video Games: There's a mass of stuff on my wishlists below for modern systems! THAT SAID: when it comes to PC/Steam, I'm on an active Humble Monthly sub and I literally have a backlog of 1200+ games, so I prooobably don't need more. USA Nintendo eShop credit is always useful to me, though, if you can find codes for that. As for retro, I kind of grew up with a lot of piracy, so I don't have too many legit carts/floppies/tapes/etc. from before the GCN/N64. I've started building a small collection of carts for the NES/SNES/N64/Genesis/etc. (which Smoke made an amazing contribution to a few years ago), but I'd definitely give a good home to any other NTSC (preferably) or PAL carts you have.

My Amazon.co.uk wishlist (some expensive stuff on here, but it also has some other ideas)
My Steam wishlist
Thanks for looking! Everyone have a great time! :3:

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:00 pm

:yay: Oh heck, I'm in. I'm also doing the assignments so whoops but DANG IT THIS IS A NICE EVENT, AND I WANT TO HAVE FUN.
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:32 pm

Good to see so many names popping up that managed to sign up in time! I missed out last year due to stamina issues and I still haven't quite shaken off the shame and guilt of missing out! Now for the standard wish list copy/paste...
Note that I'm not all that picky, and can find enjoyment in a lot of things both inclusive to and exclusive from this list. Please do not feel beholden to this at all. In fact, I'd rather you ignore it if you come across something nifty that wouldn't fall within these guidelines! I'm easy! (heyoooo)
Cartoons - As an early-cusp Millennial in his thirties, I have both a large penchant for nostalgia and an incredibly extended adolescence period. Incidentally, I have no real interest in streaming services, so physical media it is. I'm not too hip for pre-1980's material, but if you find something cool that fits, I'm down for watching and enjoying it. If you're worried about potential overlap with my collection, you may ask for a list of what I own, or just follow a rule of thumb to avoid [90's Nickelodeon] or [popular non-shounen anime] and you're pretty much safe.
Music - In general I have a broad taste in genres, but I do lean more towards classical, jazz, electronic/pop, and video game soundtracks. I'm certainly not worried about duplicate albums, since I have plenty of overlap between friends and family that I can always pass any copies on for them to enjoy restriction-less. This also goes for weird musical instruments you may come across, such as the otamatone that was gifted to me a few years ago. That shit is dope and amusing.
Food - I lust for flavor. Anything potentially odd, cool, humorous, or just plain tasty, I'm happy with. Bonus points for something exclusively local to your area. Tea is always welcome.
When in doubt, Pinkie Pie.
When in double doubt, video game shit.
When in supreme desperation, men's Large.
ImageImageImage

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:55 pm

I'm in. Will post wish list tomorrow

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:03 am

So just out of curiosity, when are we getting our assignments?

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:36 am

Sailor Yue wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:03 am
So just out of curiosity, when are we getting our assignments?
I'm working on getting a status on this. Apologies for the radio silence, but I think everyone's a little busier this year than usual. We'll get an answer out soon.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Ok, was getting a little worried. ty for replying

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:59 pm

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:33 pm

Got my assignment! :party:

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:56 pm

Non-urchin assignments have been sent, aside from a few lacking e-mails/addresses. If you got a PM from me, please let me know about any missing information as soon as you can.

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Post by Smoke (?) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:11 pm

Target is in sight.
Image I shall sing you the song of my people
ImageImageImage

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:31 pm

I am emailulated and santapatized. Holiday madness is imminent.
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:13 pm

:scheming:

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:33 pm

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:34 pm

VICTIM ACQUIRED.
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:34 pm

The Birb-Dingus team is honing in on the target ...
Image /// Image /// Image

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:49 pm

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:47 pm

So I'm pretty sure it's a given that a deadline exists for when packages should be mailed by... but uh, I can only find the deadline for signing up in the OP
ImageImageImage

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:06 pm

Davyinatoga wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:47 pm
So I'm pretty sure it's a given that a deadline exists for when packages should be mailed by... but uh, I can only find the deadline for signing up in the OP
In general, the most important thing is trying to have the gifts reach the giftee before Christmas (for overseas, trying to get it sent as early as possible).

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:13 pm

Yeah, if you are in the US and mailing within the US or to common destinations, you can check here for USPS shipping deadlines -- generally by Dec. 20th in the US and Dec. 7th outside the US -- although shipping a little earlier just to be safe is not a bad idea. If you're shipping internationally, unfortunately, customs can wreak havoc on deliveries (which happened last year!), so the earlier the better.