TRS Secret Celestia 2019 gift exchange thread!

Where only the shiniest threads are preserved for all to see.
Nautilee
Meh
Celestia's Champions

Re: TRS Secret Celestia 2019 gift exchange thread!

Post by Nautilee (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:38 am

So, this was the first package to arrive

Inside was a sampler box of sweet black teas. Heck yeah! All loose leaf, which sort of gives away one of the other presents... not that I mind.

Later that same evening another package arrived, this one I forgot to take a picture of the package on but it was just a simple plastic padded mailer package, containing
Oh my gosh it's Blue, she's my favorite of the Homeworld Diamonds, this is perfect! She's so soft and huggable too. :-D

And the last package to arrive contained these two mysterious gifts

I'll start with the cube one, why not!
Oh, more wrapping. Silly Santa!

This is *even more* mysterious, I have to admit.

Ok, so, opening that I found...

Omg it's a tea steeper. Solid glass, very satisfying to hold. Works really well. I used it this morning and it works really well! Currently sipping on some Tiger's Eye tea steeped in it, it's hecka lovely.

The gift bag, meanwhile, was full of all kinds of treats!

I've had the noodles and the banana kicks so far. The noodles were really good, that black bean sauce is really tasty. The banana kicks might be one of my favorite snacks now? That is not a texture and flavor I expected to go as well together as it did!

So, based on the double-wrapping with horsie wrapping underneath I'm gonna take a guess that Dong Strongly was (one of?) my Super Santa(s)? Thank you so much!

Oh, and Steve *really* enjoys the box, too.

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:42 am

:party: PRESENTS!

First up is a really neat looking Star Trek mug and some tea. I've already tried some of the maple tea, and it is very tasty.

Next up is something from Minty. SOCKS! These are also quite comfy.

:iiam: I don't know who my Santa is. I saw a Vegas return address, but I don't know who we have there. Thank you, whoever you are.

:awesomedash: This was very nice.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:16 am

drunkill wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:52 am
Thankyou again Charles, knowing you were my santa again I sent you a chrissy card but it will show up late, no doubt.
Glad you liked it! :yay: Can't wait to get that card!

Wait, did the licorice arrive? I had that ordered as well.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:13 am

It’s Secret Celestia time! :anticipation: Let’s see what my Santa(s) had in store for me this year. Featuring many special cameos from my knees because I’m a terrible photographer

Two boxes? I wasn’t expecting this. Let’s open the white one first.

Look at these ridiculous, amazingly cute pones! I love them. Also if the return address on the box hadn’t been a dead giveaway, the tote bag is, Mr. Big. Cat girls do indeed rule :vogue:

A better view of the tote, plus a mysterious envelope. This is very well made and will definitely see some use from me. And look at Kat and Felicia being all sassy :allears:

There were some other things inside the bag, too, can’t forget those!

Aww hell yeah, more “Phoebe and Her Unicorn” books! :awesomedash: They’re standalone graphic novels, too, so I haven’t read them yet. I love this comic so much. Let’s check out the letter.

This is lovely. The lettering doesn’t look like Mr. Big did it, though... :ponder:

Let’s move on to box #2.

Lovely paper!

Underneath that is...

:-I lol

And then there were billion layers of tissue paper which made me laugh, but which I am not posting in the interests of keeping this post from being even more of a bandwidth/space hog. Also it did a good job of keeping the gift safe, which is the important part. Also also, my mom already stole the fancy paper and tissue paper to reuse, I’m sorry :flutterdear:

It’s a portable Switch case! I don’t have one of these. It feels sturdy too.

Bonus gifts inside: 3 cute stickers of my favorite pones, and a year of Nintendo Online! Sweet! :-D Also this case is a really nice hard case.

There was also a giftbag inside the box.

Lovely!

Inside the bag:

Treats! I’ve already gotten into the panda cookies, which are pretty good, and I’m really curious about the banana kicks after reading Nautilee’s post. I’m going to try one of the green tea cakes later. The noodles look really good too. I’m pretty sure I’ll like the regular chocolate cakes, because, well, it’s chocolate

Gonna go and guess that the second box cake from Dong Strongly. Thank all of you so much! I love my gifts! This made me so happy.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:24 am

Glad you liked it, Madeline! :yay: Yeah, I did send that first package, although three other people helped pitch in to get the gifts (not sure if they want to reveal themselves, but they can if they want!)

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:53 am

It's exciting to see everyone's gifts rolling in! Also I've got to get myself some of these Banana Kicks apparently
Mr. Big wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:42 am
For something that was syndicated to newspapers it was full of sexual innuendos and sexy girls. However I never actually read the strip up close, so this book will be a good opportunity.
:spoiler: For.... purely scientific reasons, of course?

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:01 pm

Durandal wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:53 am
:spoiler: For.... purely scientific reasons, of course?
...yes :-I

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:53 pm

Yay the tea infuser didn't explode in the mail! The snacks aren't exactly local but they're what I grew up with and I may or may not have bought some of the same for myself.
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

The Doctor
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:51 pm

Octavia wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:03 am

Two packages arrived in the mail, and of course Marvin was curious. :3:

Package one revealed CHOCOLATE! :plonk:

With bacon and potato chips mixed in. Sweet and salty is my favorite!

In the other package, a hockey trivia book! I can spot the 3 errors on the front cover. Can you? :squintyjack:

The questions on the inside are not as easy. I'm hoping some of these situations come up in my games so I can prove the refs wrong. :scheming:

Finally, some warm and fuzzy Blackhawks socks! They're very cozy and are great for sliding around on my wood floors.

Thanks to my Secret Celestia, whoever you are!
I'm glad you liked it. Really glad that the book seems to be such a hit. I was worried you might have something like that already.

In the other package, a hockey trivia book! I can spot the 3 errors on the front cover. Can you? :squintyjack:[/img]
1. Outter lines on the faceoff circles are missing.
2. Neutral zone faceoff dots are on the wrong side of the red line.
3. :pinkieshrug:

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:14 pm

The Doctor wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:51 pm
I'm glad you liked it. Really glad that the book seems to be such a hit. I was worried you might have something like that already.

1. Outter lines on the faceoff circles are missing.
2. Neutral zone faceoff dots are on the wrong side of the red line.
3. :pinkieshrug:
Thanks again! :yay:

(3. The pie slices in the corners behind the goal are angled in the wrong direction)
ImageImageImageImageImage

Blarghalt
Gaze into the Abyss, until the Abyss awkwardly comes up with a reason to leave.
Patreon platinum

Post by Blarghalt (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:10 pm

After defeating Santa Claus in hand-to-hand combat, he finally gave up what was rightfully mine. What have we here? :ponder:

Hm. They don't seem dangerous. You never know what mail you get these days that is or isn't filled with plutonium and mouse traps and live snakes

Love this, by the way.

But enough about the parapsychological properties of acquaintanceship, we got presents to open! You can already see the shirt (which fits perfect and looks great), but what's in the little grey package?

PIIIIIIIIIIINS! :twonk:

They're perfect! They even vary a bit; some are gold/brass, others more silver. They look fantastic! :-D

Even got one for Best Horse. :awesomedash:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by your shop, but thanks for the stickers!

I love what I got this year! Thanks, Secret Santa! :yay:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Smoke wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:38 pm
So thank you Raridotto and Fontrarity for these wonderful gifts :-D.
We're really happy you like everything!! :yay:

My mom helped out with picking the gifts for Lukas. She said that a 5 month old will start crawling soon, so I figured a little toy to push would be fun. Plus, it means both father and son got a car to enjoy :flimflam: The pull toy is more just for general hand-eye-coordination and stimulation. I hope he enjoys both!

Can't wait to see pictures of the van :crack:
Image /// Image /// Image

Musings

Post by Musings (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:32 pm

I'll drop by tomorrow with a proper post for my Celestia (thank you!!), but it's been a loooong day, so first:
Venusy wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:45 am
As thoughtful as this is, there is a slight issue with it - which would have been the case even with Banjo & Kazooie as well. :modesty:
Noooooo! :gonkity: I was worried this might happen, since it's kind of the main gift. I even had a brief look through your post history, but I couldn't find the Spyro Totaku. But you even had a Banjo-Kazooie! Hm, I have a spare PaRappa the Rapper Totaku here, if you want to trade that?

I'm really glad you liked everything else, though! :yay: And yeah, I picked up the dragon for its dragon-ness rather than Ninjago. :tada:
Venusy wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:45 am
Not posting the card as it contains some real names of people who I'm not sure want to be identified, but it does confirm that (one of) my Celestia(s) is Musings! Thank you for everything. <3
Ah, the other names there are just the other family members here and our dog Willow, but yeah, probably best not to post those!

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Mr. Big wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:24 am
Glad you liked it, Madeline! :yay: Yeah, I did send that first package, although three other people helped pitch in to get the gifts (not sure if they want to reveal themselves, but they can if they want!)
Ooo, thank you to everyone who pitched in then! :yay: I love all of my gifts

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:47 am

Want my sender to know that I got the thing that I presume is from them. However I don't feel right opening it until I can replace the gift that USPS lost and send three stuff I was supposed to send to my recipient

drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Post by drunkill (?) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:57 am

Mr. Big wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:16 am
Glad you liked it! :yay: Can't wait to get that card!

Wait, did the licorice arrive? I had that ordered as well.
Yes, i forgot to mention it. 1kg of dutch licorice, which about half of it got eaten today at our family reunion. Thankyou again Mr. Big.

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:29 am

Musings wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:32 pm
Noooooo! :gonkity: I was worried this might happen, since it's kind of the main gift. I even had a brief look through your post history, but I couldn't find the Spyro Totaku. But you even had a Banjo-Kazooie! Hm, I have a spare PaRappa the Rapper Totaku here, if you want to trade that?
Yeah, I don't think I've posted about getting them on here. :X It's fine, as I say, I've got one for my desk at work now! :yay:

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:38 am

CorvusCaw wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:47 am
Want my sender to know that I got the thing that I presume is from them. However I don't feel right opening it until I can replace the gift that USPS lost and send three stuff I was supposed to send to my recipient
That's fine Erica. There's one thing I couldn't ship out until late last week anyway since it was coming from the UK. So you actually have two packages from me. I think they said the second will be there January 3rd. :flutterunsmith:

Name: Tammy

ToastGhost
Big adventure's waiting.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by ToastGhost (?) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:32 pm

Sorry sorry sorry I've been busy! Let's get to the presents!! :flail:

Hmmmm... I'll start with the bottom one. :ponder:

Well, it's definitely chocolate, but in such a mysterious shape! What could it be? :pinkiewindow:

I am greeted with a wonderful floral and fruity smell when opening this one. It just smells relaxing and delicious. :allears:

This is a lot of quality tea! And in such variety with such names! :wowzers:

I've yet to brew any, but I think I'll go for Buddha's Blend in a little bit. That seems good for me. :v:

Back side of the envelope was marked as well. :-P

... this was a very thoughtful and kind gift, anonymous friend. You really warmed my heart this season. Thank you. :flutterunsmith:
ImageImageImage

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:26 pm

I open my eyes. I wake up cold, slightly wet. I'm in the yard, cuddling a pile of crunchy brown leaves.

I shiver as I sit up and look around. The mail carrier stands over me with a box and a simultaneous looks of confusion, disgust, and concern.

"Don't you judge me," I mutter, but the shivering distorts my words and the only thing that comes out is gibberish. I snatch the box from her hands and dive away, landing in the pile of leaves.

The mail carrier yelps and runs away. Good, she won't notice I landed on a sharp rock.

I inspect the parcel I've stolen.

These markings confuse and anger me. I never learned to read.

Mystery items encased in an unnatural layer of colored paper. All arranged neatly against a white backdrop that appeared out of nowhere. I look around only to discover I'm somehow inside my home. The front door is hanging off the hinges. My hands are covered in cuts and blood.

I peel back the paper around one item and discover a coloring book intended for children and stupid adults. The bright colors please me. I wish I could identify the animal depicted on the cover. It reminds me of something, of sometime. Happy memories, perhaps, only thing I know for sure is I can never go back.

An electronic storage device and a cable, presumably made for the storage device. The storage device bears strange markings that only serve to infuriate my tiny smooth brain. I attempt to garrote the device with its cable, only for my hands to slip and drop both. Suddenly I'm outside again.

I'm shivering again and my hands are clutching this small, thin cardboard envelope. Instinctively, I sniff at the envelope and detect a familiar smell. The memory is faint, but I get the feeling I was on a boat once. A television clicks on behind me and startles me. The envelope falls from my hands as I spin around.

I look around and I'm in the tiny apartment I grew up in as a child. A TV clicks on behind me and startles me. I feel like I've done this before. The screen slowly lights up and displays a package adorned with a hideous yellow man. Looks like an egg.

The screen changes and the image becomes more pleasant. I sit down in an office chair that wasn't there before. I lean forward and rest my hands on a desk. The TV has been replaced with a computer monitor. The image of nuts and honey remains.

I swivel the chair around in the cubicle. There's a small jar on a shelf. A nightmarish cow stares out from the label. 'One day, I'll leave this office,' I think to myself. A coworker walks up to my cubicle. It's my mother, and I'm at my 17th birthday party. She hands me a gift.

It's a digital camera. Everyone watching is impressed. I'm a moody teenager so I act indifferent. The sting of disappointment appears on my mother's face. I want to tell her I'm sorry, but I wake up.

There is a beautiful bounty of gifts awaiting me. Lingering guilt fills my chest with unease. I question what is real and what is a dream. I question whether I deserve to dream, considering how I treat the people in my dreams.

I sit up at the computer. My hands are hovering over the keyboard. I'm shivering. I don't know what to type.

And then I wake up...

Epilogue

I'm like 97% sure my secret Celestia was Factory Factory. I've already eaten like half the m&ms and started trying to figure out how the get the pictures out of the camera and onto my computer. Thank you so much! I love it all! I can't wait to eat the coloring book. :-D

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:37 pm

drunkill wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:57 am
Yes, i forgot to mention it. 1kg of dutch licorice, which about half of it got eaten today at our family reunion. Thankyou again Mr. Big.
:yay:

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:22 pm

ToastGhost wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:32 pm
... this was a very thoughtful and kind gift, anonymous friend. You really warmed my heart this season. Thank you. :flutterunsmith:
Hello, it was me! I was worried you hadn't gotten it, since I saw it was delivered last week, but didn't hear anything in the thread that you'd received it. :flutterdear:

Enjoy the tea and fancy chocolate! :yay:

Here's a transcript of the poem, in case the image is hard to read:
Twas the night before Hearthswarming, and all through Equestria
Not a pony was stirring, except for Celestia
“I’m done with my shopping,” she claimed, “well, almost”
“I still need to get gifts for my friend ToastGhost”

She knows he likes candy, so she thought of a treat
But it can’t have any gelatin, for he doesn’t eat meat
“I know just the place to get something sweet and pretty”
So she flew off with a whoosh, headed for the Windy City

At Margie’s Candies she landed, a Chicago institution
In business for a century, accept no substitution
She scoured the displays, finding something ideal
“ToastGhost will adore dark chocolate and orange peel”

She flew off once again, knowing his sweet tooth would be sated
But she shopped for another gift to be sure he’s elated
“I do know that tea is his most favorite drink”
“It’s relaxing, so warming, and it can clear his mind to think”

She squeezed herself into a small tea boutique
Searching the shelves full of teas oh so chic
It was then that she spotted a splendid collection
Teas brewed for wellness and self-care: perfection

With a blink, she teleported home just in time
The bell tower in Canterlot struck its midnight chime
Into bed Celestia snuggled, dreaming of ToastGhost’s delight
Happy Hearthswarming to all, and to all a good night

Call of Duty Ghosts
The Artist Formerly Known as Prince Pseudonym :v:

Post by Call of Duty Ghosts (?) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:41 pm

Sorry for the delay, I'm awful at starting these posts.

:3:

Thank you for the book! I'm looking forward to reading it!

I wanted one of these when I was a kid! Unfortunately, it doesn't really work very well. I'm not sure if it's because the technology just wasn't there, because of my computer's setup, or because of my health conditions, but I couldn't successfully complete initial calibration.

I was surprised to receive a second package!

This is incredibly sweet. Unfortunately, I recently found out that I likely have Celiac Disease, so I couldn't have any of them (The Banana Kicks are simply processed in a factory that also processes wheat, but I was afraid to risk it). I gave them to my mom and godfather, who enjoyed them a lot (especially the Choco Pies!). My sister will likely have the noodles later.

But that's not all that was in the box!

Holy shit. A SideWinder?! I'm definitely excited to try this out!
We're working on bringing your friends back. :spoiler:

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:57 pm

The Doctor wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:42 am
:iiam: I don't know who my Santa is. I saw a Vegas return address, but I don't know who we have there. Thank you, whoever you are.

:awesomedash: This was very nice.
I’m glad you liked it! :flutterhat:

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Dong Strongly wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:26 pm
I can't wait to eat the coloring book. :-D
Somehow amidst that longwinded tale of destruction, this reads as the most Dong Strongly kind of line of the entire post.
ImageImageImage

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:25 pm

Add on to my post, I sorted thru all my markers so now I have a set for home and a set for work, I noticed something strange about a pair of the expo blacks...

I have never seen such a fine tip for black dry erase! I had no idea!!!

Musings

Post by Musings (?) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get bottom-of-the-page'd here, but it's my fault for leaving it so late. :-I

Apologies to my Secret Celestia for the delay; I've been kind of out of it since Christmas Day. :v:

But let's get this show on the road! :party:

Blanking out the address stuff for privacy reasons, obviously! Though you can still see the customs sticker. :P

A simple greeting! I'm not getting many clues as to my Celestia's identity... :ponder:

Two pretty big presents! One's wrapped, while the other is oddly shaped and required a padded envelope to conceal the contents.

Ohh!! I think I've got a pretty good idea of what this is.

... But I'm wrong!?

I was sure it'd be that Triforce design on the card, but instead it's the iconic Hylian Shield and the greatest sword in gaming: the Blade of Evil's Bane; the Sword of Time; the Sword that Seals the Darkness... The Master Sword! The detailing on the shield is fantastic, too.

And it changes colours! :sweetielarm: It even has a small remote packed in to choose from 16 colours and (crucially) multiple brightness levels. :twiright:

AND NOW, for the gift-wrapped one...

:-D :-D :-D

This is actually my very first SH Figurarts posable figure! I do have one SCulptures Big series (this Son Goku), but I've been wanting some Figurarts/Good Smile figures for a while!

I'm not very good at posing it yet, what with all the detachable hands and other details, but even I was able to put together one or two cool shots (excuse the poor camera/lighting):

Tsukamō ze! DRAG-ON BALL-~! ("Let’s grab up the Dragon Balls!")
Well, that customs charge certainly stings less, now. :P A big (boss?) thank you to my Secret Celestia!! :awesomedash: They definitely did their research.

I'm less familiar with the USA forum members than I am the Euro Ponygoons, but based on the included Etsy card and the shipping information, my Secret Celestia is Kefka/Big Boss! :3:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:22 pm

That Bulma is incredible :D The most on-brand Musings gift!!
Image /// Image /// Image

Big Boss
A tourist trap that can surpass Mystery Shack?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:51 pm

You got me, musings! I'm sorry about the customs fee, I thought just marking it as a gift would have been fine. Learned my lesson for next time.

I have pictures for posting my gift, but I have yet to get them sorted. A gift of its magnitude deserves a similar post.

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:28 am

Bulma is friggin' gnarly and now I want one :wantitneedit:

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:20 pm

Call of Duty Ghosts wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:41 pm
{lots of stuff}
I'm sorry about the food all having wheat products. There's a lot of Korean foods and snacks that should be gluten free so I'll see if I can't dig up some of it.
Davyinatoga wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Somehow amidst that longwinded tale of destruction, this reads as the most Dong Strongly kind of line of the entire post.
I contain multitudes. I am dongstrongly

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Replacement gifts should be on the way. Hopefully these ones won't be lost. They should be coming direct from Amazon, as opposed to the first attempt at having gifts sent to me so I could wrap them and then send them.

Big Boss
A tourist trap that can surpass Mystery Shack?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:52 am

So I'm bringing up the rear here, and it's mostly because I was not around to pick up the bulk of the gift on Monday. But a few weeks ago, something did come by my door. Now that I have the rest of the gift, I can post it all! Since there's a lot of images, we'll put it behind a hidden tag. You're going to want to click it though!

This is a retrospective to the style guide that NASA introduced in the late 70s with the production of the space shuttle. Though the Apollo-era NASA imagery is making a comeback, this was the NASA graphic design of my childhood. I wasn't sure if it was for Secret Celestia, as I'm in a few gift exchanges, but then I got a note in the mail on the 23rd that I had an unexpected package at the post office...

The address on the customs form gave it away, but still... I opened the box to find:

A veritable bounty of Aussie goodness! There's TimTams, Bullets, Orange bites, lots of licorice, and biscuits. Look at all this deliciosity. But that's not all...

There's more Aussie stuff! A very handy kitchen towel (which will be useful in my new apartment), a football scarf, some Aussie coins, and a lenticular Melbourne postcard! There was also a christmas card, which had a very appropriate theme...

I opened up the card to find:

So, my Santa was clearly drunkill. That was a wonderful card and it's hard to believe that this community will celebrate its 9th anniversary come February. This was my first drunkill box and I'm very happy I was his target. :-D Thank you very much, friend.

drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Post by drunkill (?) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:48 am

Excuse my terrible handwriting, last minute with the post office pens!

That package looks like it went through hell. Enjoy the jam, which I picked up at my suburbs/local shops christmas fete. And the football scarf is from my beloved Carlton Blues (of which I'll be a 25 year member for 2020), I figured it actually gets cold where you are, versus here.

Unfortunately with a coach sacked midseason we didn't have an amazing year but we finished it up well. At least our womens team made the grand final this year, sadly we lost it :cry:

And because it ticked over into the higher weight category I decided to include a few extra things such as the coins, the jam and another packet of timtams, you can never have enough... :byopinkie:

I hope you enjoy the design book, I saw the kickstater for it a few years ago and it looked neat as hell.

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:35 pm

I just got home from visiting family, and found an Amazon box I hadn't ordered.
Inside was a book:
Wolfram's Idea Makers sounds interesting, accessible, and I don't have it already. Thanks Amazon!
For those who haven't heard of this book or Wolfram, the Table of Contents should give you an idea of what the book is about:
Also, most importantly, there was a gift note in the box as well!
Boo Amazon, and thanks ToastGhost!
ImageImageImage Very math.

The Doctor
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:56 pm

:wingsright: Looking through this thread, I am reminded yet again that we might be horse idiots, but we're pretty good gift givers.

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:42 pm

Sorry for the lateness! I really wanted to put this to use and show off something neat with my post, but after a lot of planning and reading the instructions, it really seems like that's off the table so I'm just gonna post. It's too cold out to do outside and too toxic to do inside because it's...

A Secret Celestia gift of a beginner's molding and casting kit!! :-D

So in lieu of a casting, I'll share project ideas and other things that have inspired me to explain why I asked for this and why it's such a cool gift!

First off, I can pair this with my 3D printer. My girlfriend and I want to try making some custom Amiibos. We figured out the NFC tag part, and what's next is making a physical model. 3D printing is good for this, but with some designs it could result in a fragile model that's labor-intensive to make look good. But with resin casting, we just do a finished model once, and then we can make a mold of it and cast more from a single finished model. We can also do easy-peasy stuff like encasing mini art prints in clear resin to make pins or tags or whatnot with durability.

Imagine, a Waluigi Amiibo where Waluigi's in short shorts like a proper scum pervert. It can happen.

Resin casting is also cool for display propmaking in a way regular 3D printing can't quite touch, because it can make optically clear objects easily, like this Dragon Ball:

Or for making flexible things like, uh....

This knife tentacle.

Or miniature horse head masks to put on robots.

--

Whewf, I'm gonna re-pack the box... the science Twilight is like...

doing things to me

wait

no

praise Aramek
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:49 pm

I got a package! And apparently another one is on its way, so I'll report back when that arrives.

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Post by Smoke (?) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:27 pm

A bit later than planned but here's a few pictures of Lucas enjoying his gifts too.

Image I shall sing you the song of my people
ImageImageImage

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:15 pm

Yay Factory! I also put that very Xmas pinkie right on the box looking at your address! And it wasn't embarrassing or anything!

Still nothing in my mailbox yet, so I might have been Corvy's, sorry it failed to get to you and you had to reorder something.
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.