EARLY S09E13: Between Dark and Dawn

My Little Pony: Spoiling is Tragic (FiM spoiler chat)

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

Wayoshi
Paper Fluts
Stare Masters

EARLY S09E13: Between Dark and Dawn

Post by Wayoshi (?) » Thu May 23, 2019 5:13 pm

Luna and Celestia take a 'bucket-list' sister vacation while Twilight and her friends struggle to cover the princesses' many royal duties alone.
This thread is for early discussion of the episode. This episode airs on Discovery Family at 11:30 Eastern / 8:30 Pacific on Saturday, June 15, henceforth this thread will be locked.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/181_wN- ... Bmy3DEyJvd

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Re: EARLY S09E13: Between Dark and Dawn

Post by The Doctor (?) » Thu May 23, 2019 7:03 pm

This is the only early release I wanted to watch because I was hoping it would be a Celestia and Luna episode ( :allears: it was) and that they'd do more than bicker at eachother ( :unenthused: nope).

I wish they had just started out with the two going on vacation. The two reenacting The Mysterious Mare Do Well seemed to just waste time. "Hey girls, we're going on vacation for a few days so you can all get your hooves wet running the country". Just go with that. Felt like filler having them build up to having to be told to go on vacation.

And like any logical pair they decide to alternate things to do. Then the conflict just comes out of nowhere. Luna accuses Celestia of bossing her around and forcing her to do what she wants. But they're both been doing what they want. Maybe bring up that they can split up on the vacation, but that never comes up. It just felt like a really forced and out of place conflict thrown in there just because Celestia and Luna apparently need to butt heads all the time.

It was better than Royal Problem, just because at least they figured out the problem on their own, and the song was great and the antics before the conflict were fun, but like I said, the conflict felt really out of place for the story they were telling.
Last edited by The Doctor on Thu May 23, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Thu May 23, 2019 7:14 pm

I enjoyed it. The Princesses were really cutting loose.

Celestia's "I do know." comment was touching.

"CALM DOWN LUNA."
It's probably been 1000 or so years since that was last heard.
Image ("Don't try to reform me, Hag, because I'm made of cold stone.")

Dal
Praise the Sun
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dal (?) » Sat May 25, 2019 4:16 pm

I hope the synopsis isn’t more finale foreshadowing :fluttersmith:
Undecided wrote:Every time you write a story I cant help but sigh, because I know Im gong to lose another man card.

Adiwan
Patreon supporter

Post by Adiwan (?) » Sat May 25, 2019 4:44 pm

It's more of a "buck-it list" to be honest. They give so few about their surroundings that they don't notice their subjects idolizing from afar or nearer. Both are as free as they've ever been just by the virtue of not adhering to their own standards for a while.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Applepie2017
Nostalgia nerd

Post by Applepie2017 (?) » Mon May 27, 2019 3:34 am

10/10
But...
This one's too young