how's everyone feel about the new wow expansion

Ooh, I love fun things! (Games, both video and traditional, discussion. looser posting styles allowed)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Bigdog
implied

Re: how's everyone feel about the new wow expansion

Post by Bigdog (?) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:18 pm

Angry Critter

Post by Angry Critter (?) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:34 pm

:v:

W.T. Fits
Storm, ride the storm
Never-ending
Skies darkened, torn
Heaven-rending
Ire, fury borne
Never-ending
Roar, hear my roar!
Faithful Students

Post by W.T. Fits (?) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:48 pm

"Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!"

In other news, I finally got around to finishing the stuff I needed to do to get my class mount for my Hunter last night, and then today tamed some Feathermanes (one of the wolfhawks in the non-instanced version of Eye of Azshara, the white gryphon from Winterspring, and that one lost owlcat that wanders around in stealth in the area where Gloomfang is in Suramar).

I also tamed Lightning Paw, and since that used up my last free stable slot, helped a friend of mine tame Gon on her hunter.

Dal
Praise the Sun
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dal (?) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:16 am

So I just found out about the new races in the next expansion - Blizzard really knows how to piss in Alliance players' cheerios. I spent the first half of Legion saving not one, but two races from certain annihilation, and what do they do? Join the Horde :-I
Undecided wrote:Every time you write a story I cant help but sigh, because I know Im gong to lose another man card.

W.T. Fits
Storm, ride the storm
Never-ending
Skies darkened, torn
Heaven-rending
Ire, fury borne
Never-ending
Roar, hear my roar!
Faithful Students

Post by W.T. Fits (?) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Dal wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:16 am
So I just found out about the new races in the next expansion - Blizzard really knows how to piss in Alliance players' cheerios. I spent the first half of Legion saving not one, but two races from certain annihilation, and what do they do? Join the Horde :-I
Tauren gonna Tauren, yo.

As for the Nightborne joining the Horde, do you think it makes more sense for them to join the side that has a group of elves who know what it's like to have suffered from an addiction to the arcane and having a beloved leader fall to corruption by the Legion and trying to rise above that; or the side that has a group of sanctimonious, holier-than-thou elves that look down their noses at them for being a bunch of filthy mana addicts who consorted with demons?

Seriously, maybe if Tyrande wasn't a judgmental, narrow-minded jerk, the Nightborne might very well have been willing to side with the Alliance.

Gloomy Rube
I want you to be like a hamster please
Celestia's Champions

Post by Gloomy Rube (?) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Dal wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:16 am
So I just found out about the new races in the next expansion - Blizzard really knows how to pee in Alliance players' cheerios. I spent the first half of Legion saving not one, but two races from certain annihilation, and what do they do? Join the Horde :-I
them's the breaks. Oh well! hope the nightborne enjoy having to genocide random small towns for the undead :-I
ImageImageImageImage

NoponyImportant

Post by NoponyImportant (?) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:05 pm

I'm looking forward to the expansion, mostly on account of Bliz doing a damn good job with Legion. I really like the world quest system, the dungeons and raids have been fun, and even if the writing still reminds me of when my little brother constantly got Blizzard and Bethesda mixed up it is getting better, and I fucking love what they've done for combatoutlaw Rouges. The HvA theme can go ride a wheelbarrow full of dicks straight up its own ass, granted, but I'm fairly certain I'll enjoy a sizable chink of the endgame PvE content. And even if I don't, I'll have an entire expansions worth of time to work of reps/achievements from past expacs. Hell, maybe I'll even get around to actually palying one of my alts! :pinkietoot:

Quanta
Which Witch?
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Quanta (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:26 pm

They're also ditching artifacts, rando legendaries, and Order Halls (and, I assume, the whole garrison concept with them), so, uhm...what's replacing them?
ImageImage
Image3DS Friend Code: 2852-6885-2752

Gloomy Rube
I want you to be like a hamster please
Celestia's Champions

Post by Gloomy Rube (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Yeah, I liked artifacts and order halls, so I have no idea if I'm gonna enjoy this next expansion at all :V
ImageImageImageImage