Forumswide Secret Celestia 2018: The Hearthswarmening ๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸŽ…

Good posts, good friends. (General Offtopic)
Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Re: Forumswide Secret Celestia 2018: The Hearthswarmening ๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸŽ…

Post by Octavia (?) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:19 am

It begins :scheming:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Mr. Big
ใ„ใ„ใ‚“ใงใ™ใ‚ˆ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:46 pm

My Secret Celestia gift has arrived! :party:

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:26 pm

:-P That shipping label looks awfully familiar

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:31 pm

Eagle, the Falcon has the Egg in the Nest.

I have received gift wrapped parcels in the mail.
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

Blarghalt
Gaze into the Abyss, until the Abyss awkwardly comes up with a reason to leave.
Patreon platinum

Post by Blarghalt (?) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:42 pm

My gift has arrived. :amazing:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:58 pm

I received a package with a very big adress sticker brandishing my name today! :party:
Image /// Image /// Image

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Been a bit busy getting my own things packed, so, two reminders!

1) If you received a package, do say so in this thread! And thank you to those who have already!

On this note, I'll be sharing updates tomorrow. So check your PM/E-mail (I will CC each).

2) Only 12 days until Horsemas! If you haven't shipped yet, especially an international package, consider shipping really soon! :twonk:

Remember to PM me (if you e-mail, send me a PM too reminding me to check my mail) with any questions or issues!

:-)
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:16 pm

:-D Presentses have arrived.

Nautilee
Meh
Celestia's Champions

Post by Nautilee (?) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:00 pm

I'll be out of town the 25h-27th so any opening post will be late by a few days

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:02 pm

I got a package I wasn't expecting from Amazon with an unwrapped gift inside. There's no paperwork saying who it's from and it's not anything pony related, so I have no idea if it's my secret celestia gift or not. :squintyjack:

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:26 pm

General notice: Christmas has kinda snuck up and my gut feeling is, if you haven't received it already, it's probably going to be late! So don't stress out too badly. :v:
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:35 am

I didnโ€™t even realize it was so close until you posted that :-I

Also, hey, Kiith Soban, if youโ€™re still out there, it occurred to me that you were probably my Secret Santa in 2011 and I didnโ€™t realize it, so I acted like a dolt for 7 years over it and Iโ€™m so sorry.

Even worse, I didnโ€™t play the Steam games you gifted me because I was afraid they wouldnโ€™t run and youโ€™d be disappointed, so I did the even worse thing. I hope youโ€™re doing okay out there. Take care.

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:49 am

I received a package at the house that I used to live in prior to January of this year. So I sure hope that isn't the secret Celestia package because that is not the address that I typed in for this.

:v: I know who sent it so letting you know that I'm going to go pick it up in the next couple days.

Also Durandal and family sent me an absolutely lovely postcard. :-D
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Big Boss
A tourist trap that can surpass Mystery Shack?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:53 pm

A mystery box from Amazon arrived today. I am pretty sure it is my Hearthswarming gift. :smirk:

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:23 am

Ahh, that magical feeling of the packages you sent on time getting delayed anyway. :-I

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:13 am

A package just arrived!

Nautilee
Meh
Celestia's Champions

Post by Nautilee (?) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:00 pm

I had two packages, a small brown one and a larger white one, arrive today, from different people.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Got another package that I'm fairly certain is from my Secret Celestia! :yay:

I still don't know if the first package is part of it, but I'm hoping when I open this one, all will be revealed.

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Nautilee wrote: โ†‘
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:00 pm
I had two packages, a small brown one and a larger white one, arrive today, from different people.
It means that at least two people in the world would hug you at this very moment :allears:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:08 pm

I received a mysterious parcel itโ€™s happening :flail: :plonk:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:22 pm

I received two more packages of unknown origin today :starity: Iโ€™m being spoiled :flail:

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:02 pm

A second package has hit the mailbox!
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:57 pm

I received a fourth package today. And a PM with another gift. I donโ€™t know what to say. Iโ€™m blown away. :flutterunsmith:

(also my new driverโ€™s license, which is not a secret Celestia gift)

(as far as I know)

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:51 pm

Am I first with posting gifts this time? Preposterous! But don't mind if I do. :hiii:

My Celestia was extra generous and didn't send me one, but two packages! One of them had a note attached about my Celestia's worries regarding shipping not being on time, but no worries, everything came on time. Both things are still very appreciated, because two things are (usually) better than one.

The back of the bigger package had some doodles on it! A heart with wings and what I presume to be Applejack. Good! Thank you for adding some personal pizazz to the package, Celestia. :allears:

Behind the brown packing paper was this much prettier, green packing paper! Good wrapping paper technique, too.

Inside was another package part! Did you send me a Matryoshka doll, Celestia, is this some kind of hint??

Oh no! What I actually got are the two books I really wanted :D

These are hands down the best books about making and enjoying comics I've ever seen. My enjoyment is pretty clearly evidenced by the fact that I read my copies so much and brought them places so much that they basically fell apart :v: These replacements will be just as loved, I can promise that!

Serious recommendation to anyone who is remotely interested in the medium of comics, by the way, whether it's as a reader or creator. Scott McCloud has the fantastic skill of being really smart and passionate about his craft without being pretentious or making you feel talked down to. He comes across as just super seriously excited about comics, and it makes for a really enjoyable read. I'm stoked to give them another read. :anticipation:

So what's in the other package/pretty gift bag?

Something soft and black, it seems.

Whaaaaat?! :awesomedash:

Bird leg socks!! :awesomedash: :awesomedash: These are so silly and I adore them!! Put them on immediately, can confirm they are cozy and add to my rad bird self perfectly. I have no idea where you found these, Celestia, but they rule.

Oh hey, there was a nice letter, too. I didn't even notice at first, because I'm a goof.

Really Lovely Celestia Letter wrote: Dear Perry,

First of all, Merry Christmas!

I was overjoyed to find I'd got you as my Secret Santee this year - with me having to miss this year's Eurohorsie, it's been far too long since we've last seen each other!

I've decided to keep things relatively low-key this year - with such a broad wishlist, it can be hard to narrow things down, and I didn't know what Steven Universe or Ducktales 2017 comics and other merchandise you already had. Additionally, I know my form of anxiety isn't quite the same as yours, so I wasn't sure if the books on social anxiety and stoicism that I've read would be helpful.

Inside you'll find a couple of books that I know you need, a cute bookmark that I'm hoping hasn't got too squished, and some stickers featuring a commission from @GiveAlexAHand on Twitter (contact me after you read this for the digital version, my printer/paper cutter isn't the best)

I hope that the move goes well, that your health improves, that next year treats you well in general, and that we can meet up again sometime soon.

*Hugs*,

Venusy

Awwww gosh. You're such a sweetheart, Venusy. :flutterunsmith: This letter made me really happy! I concur, I would really love to hang out again. I should be less dumb and shy and message you more in general, because you're awesome. (Also I already knew the gift was from you because I recognized the sender's adress but psssst)

I'm really sorry that the wishlist was too broad! I was hoping giving a lot of ideas would be helpful, but maybe I should have been more specific on some. Duly noted for the future :v:

I really love the books and the socks, thank you! And of course the-wait

Bookmark? Stickers?! Uh, I didn't see anything like that. And I had already tossed out the box at this point. :flail:

This led to about 5 minutes of panicked searching through the trash, here portrayed in a totally legit and not at all re-enacted fashion by Fontra:

Then, on a whim, I quickly skimmed through the existing gifts ... to discover that the extras were hidden in the book pages!! Venusy, you fiend!!

In a non-dramatic, non-blurry shot, you can even see what I found:

A shiny Chatot Pokemon TCG card and three stickers of my very own bird self screaming into a cup while wearing an Undertaker shirt?!? Holy crap, I LOVE IT :party: :awesomedash: :wowzers:

Please do send me the digital version of the picture as well as a link to the artist's online haunts, because I wanna show my cup scream to everyone forever. Also, the Chatot card came with very few scratches at all, so nothing to worry about. It's hecking pretty, and so shiny!!

To summarize, the haul:

Bonus of my incredible bird legy:

Thank you so much again for all these amazing gifts, and for being an amazing person/dragon, Venusy. :hug:
Image /// Image /// Image

Mr. Big
ใ„ใ„ใ‚“ใงใ™ใ‚ˆ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:55 pm

IT BEGINS :awesomedash:

Nautilee
Meh
Celestia's Champions

Post by Nautilee (?) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:06 pm

So since I'm leaving earlyish tomorrow morning to catch a train, I got permission to post a bit early tonight. I'm guilty of opening things a bit early, partly b/c I was *very excited* and partly b/c I wanted to see if there was anything I wanted to take with me on my trip this week. Which, there was. But more on that in a moment

First off, I got a PM with this a couple hours ago, with a note saying there's a print of this coming but since it won't arrive in time they sent me the digital version.

This is *super* adorable, and I love the style! Looking forward to finding out who the artist is so I can thank them! I didn't recognize the creature on the left, but I've been informed that it's a "clancer", from an N64 game called Mischief Makers. I may have to hunt down a copy of that game now.

So, I received two boxes. I decided to open the smaller, brown one first. I recognized the name as belonging to Factory^2, due to him having given me some computer fans in the past. It contained two, smaller packages.

The red one has a tag I forgot to photo that confirms that yes, this is from FF. I started with the ribbon wrapped box

:-D
This is beautiful. And beautifully simple. I've got it on right now. I'm normally not super into necklaces but this is perfect and will probably change that.

so, onto the red wrapped thing...

Ooh, a puzzle! with curious runes describing its usage. Let's pop out the pin...

Ooh, it slides open! this is clever

There was a note inside the little secret compartment

Awww, thank you so much factory, that means a lot to me. And I just want to repeat that I really, really love that necklace.

So, onto the other package. Return address looks like Mr. Big...

Huh, looks like a sweater, let's pull that out first. This is exactly why I checked these a bit early...

:twonk: aaaaaaaa Central go home you're drunk!!!!!

Ok but no, seriously, this is awesome and I love it. 100% wool, I've never had a wool pullover before and this is super warm and comfy. I'm wearing this on my trip. So which one of you did this and did you do it before or after I grumbled at Central's damn drunk ass in the bideojames discord channel the other day? If it was before, and you watch that channel, you had to be laughing the whole time I was grumbling weren'tcha

Actually who is responsible for this anyway. *digs down in box a bit*

Oooh, convenient, a list of the culprits generous awesome people! And some cards! I'll put the screenshots of the cards at the end.

Next up is the ribbon wrapped box (which, btw, toothless loved playing with and nearly snatched out of my hand while I was opening this)

Awwww a cute card :3

Huh, I saw Dongs working on something 3D printed in the techchat... is this it?

I didn't know they made USB cables like this. I mean it makes sense, in hindsight it's blatantly obvious they make 'em, it's basically an extension cord but for USB, I've just never seen one. But that's not all that's in here...

The heck is this? three control knobs on the back... a led light inside... what does this...

I'm ashamed to admit it took me *several hours* to put two and two together with your gift from last year.

Aaaah so that's what it is. I love this idea, although, the crystal doesn't quite fit in the base b/c it's not a simple even hexagonal cut, and, I'm assuming the knobs are supposed to be RGB, and the Red and Blue work fine but the center one I'm assuming is green does not. That said, Absolutely *no rush* on the replacement and I will find a way to get you dimensions for the base on the crystal so it fits better next time! And I think you did a wonderful job for what, if memory serves, is your first 3d print project! You'll get it right next time :)

Next up is this mysterious black box. OOh, mysterious.

Oh! a dragon pen! this is, wow, this is really, really, really cool omg!

And over here in the mailing envelope..

A journal to go with it!!! Twine wrapped, leathery, embossed, it feels and looks so fancy I'm slightly afraid to use it. But wow, I love it omg

So that just leaves this one last thing in the bottom of the box.

I am near speechless this is lovely you did such a good job Charles :-D I'll make sure to take good care of these, and I really appreciate how you packaged them all sandwiched between thick paperboard to make sure they wouldn't get bent. Will make it easier for me to store them till I can hopefully get 'em framed or something!

That just leaves the cards in the envelope.

<3 cute art as always

I'm *guessing* this is you, Blargh, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Bonus pic of Toothless enjoying my new sweater

I know I'm saying "I love it" a lot but guys you've got me near in tears this is so wonderful I just don't know what else to say. Thank you so so so so much.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Off to a great start. :allears: I may or may not have teared up a little here.

Mr. Big
ใ„ใ„ใ‚“ใงใ™ใ‚ˆ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:15 pm

We all wanted to make this a great Christmas for you, and I'm glad you enjoyed it, Sarah! :flutterunsmith:

Some of those gifts are signed by the giftees, but I'll let others reveal what other items they provided, although I can say that we all pitched in for the sweater.

I drew the art and colored it, but Dong was the one who produced the color print (along with that envelope :v: )

That art on top was drawn by Muggyy, if you want to thank them.

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:39 am

So glad you liked my excellently hot glued light box. I had been wondering what to get you when we talked about last year and I got an idea. Then I got the idea again a week later after I forgot. And then I did a bunch of things. Then I remembered again and got to work.

Anyway, I already have designs for a new and improved version that will make your head explode, literally and/or figuratively.
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

Mr. Big
ใ„ใ„ใ‚“ใงใ™ใ‚ˆ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:00 am

So a while ago, I got this package from Derpy! :party:

Or rather, a picture of Derpy taped to the box. Same thing

Inside were several things wrapped in Ponies! Let's see what that big one is.

A copy of "Hilda and the Stone Forest"! I've gotten into the Netflix show "Hilda", which made me want to look at the comics it was based on. As luck would have it, this one hasn't been adapted into the TV show yet!

Look what you made me draw :v:

CHOCOLATES!!! But yeah, I'm a chocolate geek, so this is much appreciated. Really delicious, too!

EEEE, I've been meaning to get a copy of this book (and the movie adaptation)! Thank you so much!

I'm all for indie comics, and this is cute. Much appreciated!

As for who sent this, the return address said San Diego, CA, but the notes indicate the sender is from Chicago. Narrowing it down, I'm going to go ahead and assume Octavia sent it!

Thank you!

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:17 am

I got spoiled. I was not prepared for this at all. Iโ€™d like everyone to read this but Iโ€™m putting behind hidden tags because there are a zillion images here and itโ€™s going to lag for anybody on a slow or mobile connection.

These have been trickling in over the past few days:

This is what was in the smallest box which I received first:
Image (hopefully I edited that properly, if not I will pull, re-edit, and repost)

A sketch/holiday card from Mr. Big, a note from Factory, and another card from the third strongest secret Santa which I did not picture here. Iโ€™ll get to that in a bit. Plus two gifts!

I decided not to demonstrate the puzzle, because Nautilee already did, but itโ€™s super clever. Fiddle toys and puzzles help me a lot with anxiety so Iโ€™m keeping this thing close by. And the necklace is :-D This is the first piece of jewelry Iโ€™ve ever owned and I love it. :allears:

Next up was the white plastic envelope which came on Christmas Eve. Inside was this envelope tied with a lovely red bow.

Oh hell yeah.

As you can see, my โ€˜sona obtained the Infinity Gauntlet and whupped Thanos. This is now canon :black101: Iโ€™d love to know who did this commission. Itโ€™s amazing.

Okay, this would have been more than enough to make me happy, but no, there were two more boxes.

Help I am a googly-eyed pupper in a box

so this is what it sounds like when doves cry

I did not even know they made a Funko of Prince in his Purple Rain look, but they have and now I own a Funko. He is wondering why he is not in Minneapolis.

So here are the contents of the last box. I was pretty well blown away.

So I went for the small rectangle first, but it was double wrapped. Iโ€™ve done this a lot myself. :-I I have to mention, this entire lot was a pro wrapping job.

A glass screen protector for the Switch. Nice! My old plastic one is getting ratty after being slid in and out of the dock for almost two years, and this should be a lot more durable going by the one I have on my phone. Glass protectors are also easier to apply.

Next up:

:awesomedash: I love Princeโ€™s music and this is a great collection! Every single track on here is killer. Thank you, Secret Santa. But thereโ€™s more:

(I could not get a good shot of this to save my life, sorry. They all either had ridiculous glare or blur.) A photo book about Prince. I love great photography (I.e. pictures by people other than me) and there are a lot of both posed and candid photos in here. Here are a couple of examples that I like:

I canโ€™t wait to read this.

Hereโ€™s what was inside the big block:

Holy shit. :starity: 5 (!) volumes of โ€œPhoebe and her Unicornโ€ (aka Heavenly Nostrils), which is one of my favorite strips of the last 10 years. I have so much to read now and itโ€™s great. Also, this is (most likely?) what the third strongest secret santaโ€™s Postcard was referring to, which is why I waited to snap a picture of it until now. Factory wasnโ€™t sure if the postcard was for me or not. :-I so perhaps it was or perhaps Perry, Mr. Big, and I arenโ€™t the only receivers of comics this year. :iiam:

Now for the lovely red box:

Thank you, man. :flutterunsmith: I appreciate that a lot.

What was underneath the card.

Oh heck yeah. USB cables are always useful, and this is longer than the USB-C cable that came with my Switch controller. This is going to see a lot of use.

Holy fucking shit. :starity: These games are expensive and I was thinking along the lines of $10-$20 max. I cannot wait to be able to waste hundreds of hours in this game.

And now for the googly-eyed Santa envelope!

It is Spongebob! I think I know who might have thought of this.

That name seems familiar for some reason :-P

And more prints... holy shit.

Maddie eats cupcakes with Pinkie and Rarity, courtesy of Mr. Big!

I am not entirely sure who drew this but I love it! Itโ€™s awesome <3
Overall, I just have no idea what to say. This is the biggest Christmas haul Iโ€™ve had in my entire life. I had to stop a couple of times because I was crying a little. I wasnโ€™t expecting anything like this and I was worried that Iโ€™d made way too vague and broad and greedy-sounding a post because I would have been happy with like a gift card or some little thing. I gotta get sappy here, sorry, but it seems right.

To Factory Factory, Dong Strongly, and Mr. Big: you guys went way above and beyond what I expected and I just want to thank you all so much for your kindness and generosity. To whomever else was involved, like the mystery artists, thank you, too. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. This is the best holiday Iโ€™ve had in a long long time and it means a lot to me, especially after the past year.
You guys rule. This community rules. Thank you.

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:47 am

It's Christmas Time!

Celestia and Doctor Who stuff, can't get much better than that. :-D

I also felt super smug seeing that Doctor Who book. I've wanted to read it for a while now, since I heard the story behind it.

:gotcha: Yes, gather round for a paragraph of Doctor Who education. Douglas Adams wrote this story for Tom Baker's Doctor, but it was rejected. So he just repurposed a bunch of elements of it into the 3rd Hitchikers book, "Life, The Universe, And Everything"

My Santa was incredibly secretive. With a pin of Celestia made by Kefkafloyd, and a light display of Celestia made by Kefkafloyd, and instructions for the light display with Kefkafloyd's name on it, and a package that came from jolly old Massachusetts, I am totally baffled as to who my Santa is.

:iiam:

:spoiler: Thank's Kefka!

Mr. Big
ใ„ใ„ใ‚“ใงใ™ใ‚ˆ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:54 am

Madeline wrote: โ†‘
Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:17 am
To Factory Factory, Dong Strongly, and Mr. Big: you guys went way above and beyond what I expected and I just want to thank you all so much for your kindness and generosity. To whomever else was involved, like the mystery artists, thank you, too. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. This is the best holiday Iโ€™ve had in a long long time and it means a lot to me, especially after the past year.
You guys rule. This community rules. Thank you.
We are all glad you're very happy with this gift, and that it arrived safe and sound :allears:

As with Sarah's gifts, others can reveal what items they specifically bought/did, but myself, Dong, Blarghalt, Perrydotto, and Princess Flufflebutt all pitched in for the "Phoebe" books, and Dong produced all the prints. As with Sarah's, the commissioned drawing was by Muggy.

And yes, I confess that I threw in that "SpongeBob" comic book :v: I figured you'd get a crack out of that story, given the subject matter.
Last edited by Mr. Big on Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:55 am

I didn't have a chance to post earlier:
A package from Iceland came in!
What's inside?

A thoughtful note:

And inside the two packages:

Thank you Princess Flufflebutt! :)

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:00 am

I'm glad you like! :yay:

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:20 pm

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:06 pm
All of this stuff is amazing but I like the design of this character the most
The Doctor wrote: โ†‘
Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:47 am
My Santa was incredibly secretive. With a pin of Celestia made by Kefkafloyd, and a light display of Celestia made by Kefkafloyd, and instructions for the light display with Kefkafloyd's name on it, and a package that came from jolly old Massachusetts
The modern criminal mastermind always manages to make one tiny but fatal mistake :squintyjack:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Mr. Big wrote: โ†‘
Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:54 am
We are all glad you're very happy with this gift, and that it arrived safe and sound :allears:

As with Sarah's gifts, others can reveal what items they specifically bought/did, but myself, Dong, Blarghalt, Perrydotto, and Princess Flufflebutt all pitched in for the "Phoebe" books, and Dong produced all the prints. As with Sarah's, the commissioned drawing was by Muggy.

And yes, I confess that I threw in that "SpongeBob" comic book :v: I figured you'd get a crack out of that story, given the subject matter.
Big group hug :hug:

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Mr. Big wrote: โ†‘
Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:00 am
As for who sent this, the return address said San Diego, CA, but the notes indicate the sender is from Chicago. Narrowing it down, I'm going to go ahead and assume Octavia sent it!

Thank you!
Ding Ding! :yay:

The San Diego address was to throw you off the scent. But it's my stepmother's maiden name and her current address, so if something went wrong, I'd still know where the package would've ended up. Also, I love your Hilda/Broom Hilda crossover art. :smirk:

On to my gift! :black101:

So a little over a week ago, I received a package from Amazon that I wasn't expecting. There was no indication who it was from, no receipt or message inside, but it did contain one thing: BIRB

Definitely an awesome shirt for me to wear to the beach! :cooliebelle:

About a week later, ANOTHER unexpected package arrived at my doorstep. Marvin needed to investigate.

And inside that box, a gift and a card! Addressed to "music horse". :snobtavia:

First, the card. More birbs!

The gift is from none other than CorvusCaw! :yay:

I love the personal message, which is a reference to "the best fans in baseball" moniker that St. Louis Cardinals fans gave themselves. :smirk:

But now WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOOX? :gonkity:

Lots of things!

First of all, COFFEE! :insomnia: (I'm sensing a birb theme here)

Breakfast blends are my favorite, as they contain the most caffeine.

We've also got chocolates and caramels! :-D

I've already downed like 4 of the Sicilian butter caramels as I'm typing this. They're so good. My Sicilian grandmother would be proud. :granny:

Salty + Sweet is my favorite kind of candy, and these all fit the bill! I'm especially excited to try the chocolates with chipotle in them, but I'm gonna try really hard to pace myself and not pig out on all of these at once.

The rest of the box contains approximately 500 cat toys!

He loves 'em. :3:

Thank you so much, CorvusCaw! :yay:

Blarghalt
Patreon platinum

Post by Blarghalt (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:07 pm

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:06 pm

I'm *guessing* this is you, Blargh, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Nope, must be another person on the forum that would be the only other person to know what Vigilo Confido even means. :liarjack:

Blarghalt
Patreon platinum

Post by Blarghalt (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:17 pm

PIIIIIIINS! From Bulgaria! :twonk:

I had actually been looking at buying these exact ones for a while, so this is fantastic! I also love the stickers, especially the pixel heart one. Thanks Smoke anonymous secret santa from Bulgaria! :yay: