Harem Protagonist is a very good game about making human connections with your fellow students and sharing an experience

Ooh, I love fun things! (Games, both video and traditional, discussion. looser posting styles allowed)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Re: Harem Protagonist is a very good game about making human connections with your fellow students and sharing an experi

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:27 pm

if this is how they see/portray women's behaviour regarding their sexuality (like our current "she says she hates it but she secretly likes it!!" garbage) yeah no wonder!
Image /// Image /// Image

Fartlord Dunktronix

Re: Harem Protagonist is a very good game about making human connections with your fellow students and sharing an experi

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:30 pm

It ended and we finally have a new scene with Ava.

I like how most of these descriptions do absolutely nothing to indicate what the scene is actually about.

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:31 pm

Oh hey, something happens

Too bad the way this game is structured means there's no overarching narrative so this just happens whenever

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:33 pm

You know what's awesome is when writers are so incompetent they try to hide what a totally mundane object is and you can't tell not because of any active effort on their part but because they're just that bad at writing

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:33 pm

Okay, what infowars shit are we gonna get this time

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:34 pm

I had to look up "breadboard" and apparently it's a real thing that I actually didn't recognize, so I take back the venom I had previously spewed (which I'm sure I will deal back out soon enough)

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Apparently this is a gadget that detects electromagnetic waves or something

Listen, I don't know dick about physics, it was my worst subject in school, okay?

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:37 pm

So she makes her own EMF meters. That's... cool.

I bet she would get along with drone girl.

They will never talk to each other.

Fartlord Dunktronix

I'm not doing this because I have a personality

I'm doing this because it's the directive of the game

Fartlord Dunktronix

If this game were cool, it would make the ghosts real

This game isn't cool

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:43 pm

I hope you see some ghost tricks
Image /// Image /// Image

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:44 pm

Once again, this demo only having four backgrounds is really working against it

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:46 pm

MY OWN GHOST

NOW NEITHER OF US WILL BE VIRGINS

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:48 pm

I just want to point out that the demo is absolutely riddled with bugs like this, where clearly the wrong person is saying the wrong thing

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:49 pm

SO now I'm asking questions about her but they're not supposed to be dumb questions and idk which one of these are "dumb" because it's very difficult to get a handle on Ava's personality

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:50 pm

I mean, the game hasn't done anything to imply that Ava's hobbies make her a social misfit. In fact, we don't know anything about her social life at all, other than she doesn't get along with the school newspaper editor.

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:51 pm

I don't know how this electromagnetic field thing works, but why would a ghost make it spike lower?

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:52 pm

A breadboard is a really useful thing with a grid of holes that you can push electronic components (resistors, capacitors, battery clips, etc) into on a temporary basis. The holes have electrical connections between them that are arranged in a predictable pattern. It allows someone to create new circuits with a bunch of components without having to commit to making a circuit board and soldering the components to it. It's for testing a circuit idea before committing to it.
👉👉🥜🏠

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:57 pm

Or, you know, hallucinations

The brain is very good at hallucinating

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:59 pm

No you dummy, people in graveyards were laid to rest. Ghosts only come from people who don't get a proper burial!

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:59 pm

Funny, I keep saying that exact thing while playing this game

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:00 pm

So is this path gonna be about her denial or actually finding ghosts?

Fartlord Dunktronix

Post by Fartlord Dunktronix (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Between the title and the description, I don't like where this is going