Relationships & Co. Thread

Where everybody knows your name. (Safe Spaces and Self-Help)

Moderator: Momo

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Re: Relationships & Co. Thread

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:33 pm

I would still shop around for lawyers. Not all of them are gonna force you to meet at the shelter, especially if you explain your situation and the lawyer in question is LGBT-friendly, since you got that ridiculous rule where you live. Also, you can explain your finances and hopefully work out a payment plan or other way to pay, if the initial consultation ends up being helpful. Again, worthwhile asking at the very least.

Is there no counseling or mental health service at all covered by your work's healthcare? You can look up therapists from your area here. Likely also on your insurance's website but I have no idea how that works in practice since I'm not from the US, I just know it's a thing people can do. Also, some therapists operate on sliding scale payments, which could be helpful.

Needless to say, your partner's insistence that you cannot have your own friends, cannot be with them on your own and cannot have private discussions is another massive red flag. Preventing her from being suspicious at all will be tricky, with her being that controlling. Again, be as safe as you can be and prepare in advance before putting things into action. Just another reason to get that lawyer as quickly as you can, so you got a game plan when things blow up and she gets what's happening (when, not if).

Another possible place to get advice might be this Subreddit. It's a good community as far as I've seen.

I hope the resources I linked can help somewhat. Again, you know your situation better than we do and you decide what to do when. Just get as many people in your boat as possible, as quickly as possible. I'm glad you're already doing this. It will really make a big difference.
Image /// Image /// Image

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:38 pm

You deserve much better. I wish I could help more, but the things that come to mind are:
1. turn off emails/special notifications for PMs in your settings.
2. See if your work offers any connections with initial legal and/or nonlegal counseling.
ImageImageImage Very math.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Oh right, I forgot workplaces in the US also often give you access to lawyers to some extent. Definitely look into that.

theGECK
People don't "become an adult", they just get too old to be called a kid
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by theGECK (?) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:11 pm

diribigal wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:38 pm
You deserve much better. I wish I could help more, but the things that come to mind are:
1. turn off emails/special notifications for PMs in your settings.
2. See if your work offers any connections with initial legal and/or nonlegal counseling.
Just an FYI to anybody wanting to PM me or wondering about why I'm posting this out in the public - I have PM notifications by email turned off, which is why I'm posting on a forum and not somewhere else like in a Discord server. If she asks to use my phone or something, she's poked around before in a "if you don't have anything to hide what's the big deal" way. And of course, we know each other's phone logins, and that's been used to go through things without me around at least one time that I know about, and more that I suspect but never was able to verify. So while she knows my usernames and that I'm a poster here, she'd have to ask me to log in to check it out and I don't feel like that's going to happen. Oddly enough, a public forum is more private than my email or texts or chats.

Also, I didn't think of that at all! I just looked it up and my employer does have an employee assistance program, but I'll need to schedule an appointment to see what services they do provide. "Legal" is something they mention, but they don't go into anything more than a "This might be available for you!" sort of thing. I could maybe even do it during lunch time, since I can flex my lunch hours, so I wouldn't have to take time off and worry about either not having enough PTO for the things that are already scheduled or not getting paid for the time. I had not thought of that at all, thank you so much.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:19 pm

I really hope they can help you.

Also, holy crud, it's also completely unacceptable for a partner to look through your phone like that. "You don't have anything to hide" is a bullshit reason. Good lord. Once you can, change your phone login. Maybe even get a burner phone to call people in a pinch without her knowing.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:58 am

Stay safe, Geck.

Cthulhu Inc
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Cthulhu Inc (?) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:14 pm

Stupid question: is it weird to not want to date vegetarians because I care a lot about sharing my cooking and wanting to be able to eat the same thing?
A spectre is haunting Europe — the spectre of communism.

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:37 pm

I wouldn't mind dating a vegetarian, I can actually cook an awesome vegetarian lasagne, but if the fact I ate meat was something I'd have to give up for them then that'd be a problem. I'm inclined to say that's a compromise too far, but you do all kinds of crap when you love someone.

So for me it's like I'm not going to avoid dating a vegetarian but if I was dating a vegetarian and it started to get serious that could be a conversation right there, and my part of that conversation is I eat meat and I am not going to change my moral views or culinary tastes. If that's a deal breaker then I'll give an honest assessment of the deal at that point, right then and there no waiting.
👉👉🥜🏠

Cthulhu Inc
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Cthulhu Inc (?) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:57 pm

I didn't mean 'she asks me to stop eating meat', I meant more 'I cook certain foods and I'd like to be able to cook them for my girlfriend/wife'.
A spectre is haunting Europe — the spectre of communism.

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:40 am

You feel like there'd be something lost if you couldn't cook the meals you cook for your partner?

That doesn't seem weird. Rather than phrasing it that you don't want to date a vegetarian, does it sound right to you to say you want to be able to cook for your partner? You want to share a meal together, particularly this awesome meat dish you can cook?
👉👉🥜🏠

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Tue May 08, 2018 5:26 am

I tried online dating!

...my profile was up for 5 whole minutes before I got scared and deleted it.

How do relationships even happen? :-I

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Tue May 08, 2018 6:16 am

Madeline wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 5:26 am
I have no idea how to talk to people
People mean very different things when they say that so I'm not sure if the answer for you would be "don't worry about it", "do a bit of reading about how to avoid a conversational issue you've run into in the past", "discuss the issue with a trained professional", or something else.
[no idea how to] ask them out
The previous version of this thread (maybe the OP was saved?) might have had some tips for messaging/asking out on online dating (e.g. start with a short message that proves you read their profile, get to know them for a bit, and then suggest something specific). And you can probably find some good guides online. If you'd prefer asking people out in person, there are a lot more guides.
I have no money
This is really irrelevant. If you have the time, there are plenty of things to do with people that don't cost anything.
I’m always fighting a fear of intimacy and physical contact, so maybe I can’t have a relationship
This is complicated as depending on your personal details the answer might be "good luck, just keep fighting" or "ask potential partners to take things slow/tell them you're fighting such a fear (at the appropriate time)" (that happened to be the answer for me) or "discuss with a trained professional whether it would be relatively safe/a good idea to pursue a relationship, and how to do that if so"
Madeline wrote:
...my profile was up for 5 whole minutes before I got scared and deleted it...maybe I can’t have a relationship. I don’t know. I would like to think that I could.
Are you scared of online dating in particular? All forms of reaching out/progressing in the direction towards a relationship? Scared of something in particular? Etc.

Depending on what you're scared of, you might be able to leave a profile up and just not respond to messages/write messages until you're ready/when you're overwhelmed. I personally found writing first-messages to be especially scary, but I used techniques from therapy and similar to pace myself but still write messages regularly.
Madeline wrote:
I tried online dating!
Even if it was scary and too much for right now, you took a step towards something you wanted, and are brave enough to try to think through things/understand your situation better. Those are both very good things.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Tue May 08, 2018 9:07 pm

diribigal wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:16 am
People mean very different things when they say that so I'm not sure if the answer for you would be "don't worry about it", "do a bit of reading about how to avoid a conversational issue you've run into in the past", "discuss the issue with a trained professional", or something else.

The previous version of this thread (maybe the OP was saved?) might have had some tips for messaging/asking out on online dating (e.g. start with a short message that proves you read their profile, get to know them for a bit, and then suggest something specific). And you can probably find some good guides online. If you'd prefer asking people out in person, there are a lot more guides.
This is really irrelevant. If you have the time, there are plenty of things to do with people that don't cost anything.

This is complicated as depending on your personal details the answer might be "good luck, just keep fighting" or "ask potential partners to take things slow/tell them you're fighting such a fear (at the appropriate time)" (that happened to be the answer for me) or "discuss with a trained professional whether it would be relatively safe/a good idea to pursue a relationship, and how to do that if so"
Are you scared of online dating in particular? All forms of reaching out/progressing in the direction towards a relationship? Scared of something in particular? Etc.

Depending on what you're scared of, you might be able to leave a profile up and just not respond to messages/write messages until you're ready/when you're overwhelmed. I personally found writing first-messages to be especially scary, but I used techniques from therapy and similar to pace myself but still write messages regularly.

Even if it was scary and too much for right now, you took a step towards something you wanted, and are brave enough to try to think through things/understand your situation better. Those are both very good things.
Gonna hide this response because it gets very E/N, and I don't want to trigger any negative thoughts for anybody.
After thinking about it for a while, I suppose I'm frightened because I fit every category that makes a person undateable, at least according to dating threads and dating sites. Middle aged, no job, no friends, living at home, very little useful life experience, mostly geeky hobbies (outside of hiking and exercising). You see person after person saying "I wouldn't date someone like that" or "what a loser" and it becomes very discouraging before you even start. Are people just going to see me as a leech, or a liability? Does it even matter that I'm trying so hard to do better and be better? What is even the age range I should be going for? Because it would be gross to date someone half my age and we'd have nothing in common, but people in my own age group expect somebody to have their shit together, as far as I can tell from reading profiles. My shit is not very together and if I wait until it is, I'm going to be a white-haired old lady. I've been waiting my whole life. I don't want to wait any more. And it's very intimidating to think about trying to date someone who's been married, has had kids, multiple jobs, a home, and so on, just because I'm such a late bloomer that it took me until I was 40 just to graduate from university.

My therapist tells me it doesn't matter, as long as I'm trying, but it's still scary to be in this position. It's also complicated because I am very much in the closet IRL (I present boymode 100% of the time), and so I worry that people are going to see me as being dishonest or trying to trick them. I live in a very red area, and I can't afford to go anywhere, so I don't know who it's safe to talk to. I'd feel sick if I hurt someone's feelings, even by accident. Plus, to be blunt, I don't want to end up bludgeoned in a ditch somewhere. At the same time, it's not a reason to close myself off from everyone forever, which is unhealthy and is just going to make problems worse. Isolation is hell on mental health. There has to be something I can do.

As far as talking to people, most of my experience is with small talk. I can do that just fine. If all I have to do is talk about the weather, talk about my day, ask after someone else's day, and so on, that isn't a problem. I like knowing what makes people tick and finding out whatever they're willing to share. But my one attempt at asking someone out in high school resulted in me being outed and was a disaster instead, so I don't know how to flirt or interact with people on a romantic level. :-I It's very embarrassing. Like, am I crossing a line by saying "hey your hair is cute?" That's the level of awkward I'm at.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue May 08, 2018 10:14 pm

Think of it this way: You are by FAR not the only person in this situation. You are not unique, and I mean that in the best possible way - A lot of people share your experiences and can relate. You are not the only trans woman nerd who is in the closet and doesn't have a lot of typical "life milestones" hit. A lot of people like to pretend they have their shit together, and some certainly have their shit together more than others, but just because you notice those who look the toughest the most doesn't mean they are the only ones.

Being open with people and giving them a chance to actually get to know you is super scary, especially when you are not used to it. It's okay that it's scary!! Just remember that it's also potentially very, very worthwhile. Your negative past experiences are not an automatic guarantee for negative experiences in the future. Trusting someone enough to tell them about your interests, heck any trust at all can be super duper difficult. I won't pretend it's not, and anything I say here is not to make it sound like things are not difficult.

Try to approach it in layers. Not everyone needs to know every single thing about you from the getgo to be worthwhile as a contact. So, try to figure out which baseline would be the most important for you to feel safer, and to get people to know from there. In this case, an LGBT group or club could be a good start. I know a lot of them will have younger people in them, but not exclusively. It can also be good to look in LGBT spaces online and ask if there are meetups in your area, or "just" start out making connections online first. Heck, even places like Reddit or meetup.com or what have you can be a good start for this. I dunno what state you live in but checking out LGBT resources in said state and going from there could be quite helpful.

You are most definitely not too late to do the things you want and to find connections!! A lot of people are awkward and feel like they are not good enough. You are by far not alone, and nothing about you makes you impossible to like. Remind yourself about that a million times or more if you need to. You are likable, and I have faith in you. :hug:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Wed May 09, 2018 2:17 am

Perrydotto wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:14 pm
Think of it this way: You are by FAR not the only person in this situation. You are not unique, and I mean that in the best possible way - A lot of people share your experiences and can relate. You are not the only trans woman nerd who is in the closet and doesn't have a lot of typical "life milestones" hit. A lot of people like to pretend they have their shit together, and some certainly have their shit together more than others, but just because you notice those who look the toughest the most doesn't mean they are the only ones.

Being open with people and giving them a chance to actually get to know you is super scary, especially when you are not used to it. It's okay that it's scary!! Just remember that it's also potentially very, very worthwhile. Your negative past experiences are not an automatic guarantee for negative experiences in the future. Trusting someone enough to tell them about your interests, heck any trust at all can be super duper difficult. I won't pretend it's not, and anything I say here is not to make it sound like things are not difficult.

Try to approach it in layers. Not everyone needs to know every single thing about you from the getgo to be worthwhile as a contact. So, try to figure out which baseline would be the most important for you to feel safer, and to get people to know from there. In this case, an LGBT group or club could be a good start. I know a lot of them will have younger people in them, but not exclusively. It can also be good to look in LGBT spaces online and ask if there are meetups in your area, or "just" start out making connections online first. Heck, even places like Reddit or meetup.com or what have you can be a good start for this. I dunno what state you live in but checking out LGBT resources in said state and going from there could be quite helpful.

You are most definitely not too late to do the things you want and to find connections!! A lot of people are awkward and feel like they are not good enough. You are by far not alone, and nothing about you makes you impossible to like. Remind yourself about that a million times or more if you need to. You are likable, and I have faith in you. :hug:
That means a lot to me.

I guess I just don't know where to start. The nearest LGBT center closed due to lack of funds and interest 4 years ago. There's a couple of Facebook groups, but I deactivated my Facebook a few years ago, and I don't want to support that company. I'll keep looking around.

It's the same problem I have with my other problems, I let them build up until they seem massive and unsolvable and then start having panic attacks. Taking small steps is the better way to go.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed May 09, 2018 9:16 am

Then online stuff seems like a good place to start. I know places like Reddit can be absolute shitholes but their LGBT-focused subreddits tend to be quite friendly and good. Worth a look, possibly!

And yes, absolutely, small steps is how it's done. Nobody eats a whale all at once, and stuff. Find the step by step path that you feel would be good for you. :hug:

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:30 am

This past year I kinda decided to give up on the prospect of me being together with someone. After many years of trying, it just wasn't worth getting my hopes up anymore.

Is this a healthy attitude to have? Probably not, TBH. I get bouts of loneliness now and then, but after a while, you just accept it and move on with life.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:09 am

Mr. Big wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:30 am
This past year I kinda decided to give up on the prospect of me being together with someone. After many years of trying, it just wasn't worth getting my hopes up anymore.

Is this a healthy attitude to have? Probably not, TBH. I get bouts of loneliness now and then, but after a while, you just accept it and move on with life.
I can’t think of a good way to say this, so: Don’t give up forever unless you want to end up like me.

Take a break, sure, but don’t give up. You have a good future ahead of you.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Browsing through my matches on OKCupid. My observation: surprisingly large number of women are devout Christians in the area :-I

(not saying that as a bad thing, just something I noticed)

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:13 am

Sometimes I wonder if I can ever overcome my obstacles when it comes to dating. My big thing is that I get extremely embarrassed easily, which as you can imagine can weird others off because it's noticeable. I'm always super careful about what I say to others, to the point of paranoia (not so bad with friends, but it's still there sometimes).

I really wish I know how to overcome this.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:49 am

Nobody likes making mistakes or feeling embarassed, but if you are this harsh on yourself, you should consider that something to take seriously. A little more kindness towards yourself can go a long way, and really change how you feel about yourself and come across to others.

I'd suggest looking into local groups for CBT/DBT or similiar stuff, or maybe even therapy. You don't need to have a serious mental health condition to benefit from some professional guidance, especially if it's something that you feel really holds you back from the kinda life you want to lead.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:09 am

How do people even flirt and get dates in the first place? I’m dead serious here. I can’t afford to be embarrassed about the subject anymore, because between the choices of “try not to be laughed at on the internet, look cool, and die alone” or this, I’d rather risk the embarrassment thee days. But all the advice seems specifically geared for heterosexuals and often veers close to creepy PUA/nice guy “insert niceness token, get sex” shit (for het men) or “here’s what he is REALLY thinking” Cosmopolitan stuff (for women) which is usually just completely wrong anyway. There does not seem to be much out there for my community, I guess.

Like, people always say “it just happened,” or “just put yourself out there and be yourself,” and that’s what I tried and failed to do over and over in my 20s. Plus there’s no LGBT dating scene here, at all, and I can’t afford to go to the places where there is one. So I’m figuring I have about a 1% chance here, but if anyone has anything to say, I’d be happy to read it.

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Taking you at your word: If "there’s no LGBT dating scene here, at all" and "I can’t afford to go to the places where there is one." then you I guess can't get into a "dating scene" (whatever you meant by that). And I don't know your area, but if there's no LGBT dating scene then I'd imagine a greater percentage of LGBT dating gets started online, if only because not enough people are publicly out in your area.

I know it was scary when you last tried it, but it seems like Online would be a good approach since you cast a wider net and there's less risk.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:20 am

My main concern was how to date at all, not where to do it. I’ve never asked anyone out in my life, I’ve never flirted with anyone in real life, and I thought maybe someone would be able to point me to something offsite.

I’m sorry I annoyed you.

I’m dropping it now anyway.

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:40 am

You're not being annoying. That is a legitimate concern. One I do struggle with myself to be honest so I don't know how much of a help I can be in that regard. Don´t beat yourself up over this. We can figure this thing out.

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Dating works like... I want to do something fun. I am inviting you to do that with me. If we have fun together doing the fun thing, maybe the "together" part also works!

A lot of pop culture focuses on the "going out" part of going out with someone. A lot of people find the "going out" part fun and do it regardless of whether they are dating. Weirdos, all of them. :-P
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:20 pm

I'm hoping I can finally start dating myself. I'm almost 30, and have never got out on one, and I want to change that.

Jill
it's the super maria sisters super show!!!
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Mr. Big wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:20 pm
I'm hoping I can finally start dating myself.
I'm sorry but :v:

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Jill wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:42 pm
I'm sorry but :v:
...you know what I meant :-I

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:57 pm

Madeline wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:20 am
My main concern was how to date at all, not where to do it. I’ve never asked anyone out in my life, I’ve never flirted with anyone in real life, and I thought maybe someone would be able to point me to something offsite.

I’m sorry I annoyed you.

Who said you annoyed me? They were mistaken.

Asking someone out and flirting are context dependent and almost independent of each other. Lots of flirting happens without intention/desire to date, and lots of dating does not involve flirting at all. In fact, I'd say flirting much (in certain ways) during dating could even be a bad idea since it might confuse people/misrepresent feelings at times when it would be better to be clear.

"How to date at all" How to get started dating online on a particular site would be very different than how to get started dating in some other context. Like, I know some specific advice for, say, OkCupid. But asking someone out in a non-dating site context would require more/different care that the person would be receptive to things in that setting not reserved for dating.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:27 pm

Mr. Big wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:13 am
Sometimes I wonder if I can ever overcome my obstacles when it comes to dating. My big thing is that I get extremely embarrassed easily, which as you can imagine can weird others off because it's noticeable. I'm always super careful about what I say to others, to the point of paranoia (not so bad with friends, but it's still there sometimes).

I really wish I know how to overcome this.
Update on this. I've made it a goal for this year to try to overcome this. Some of this involves opening up to close friends more, being willing to assert myself when needed, etc.

On one hand, doing all this is terrifying for me, but on the other, I've come to realize I can't really make any progress if I let this cripple me. Hope I can at least overcome some of it.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:30 am

diribigal wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:57 pm
[quote=Madeline post_id=89746 time=<a href="tel:1546752059">1546752059</a> user_id=290]

I’m sorry I annoyed you.

Who said you annoyed me? They were mistaken.

Asking someone out and flirting are context dependent and almost independent of each other. Lots of flirting happens without intention/desire to date, and lots of dating does not involve flirting at all. In fact, I'd say flirting much (in certain ways) during dating could even be a bad idea since it might confuse people/misrepresent feelings at times when it would be better to be clear.

"How to date at all" How to get started dating online on a particular site would be very different than how to get started dating in some other context. Like, I know some specific advice for, say, OkCupid. But asking someone out in a non-dating site context would require more/different care that the person would be receptive to things in that setting not reserved for dating.
[/quote]

I thought I’d annoyed you because A) I’m bad at reading tone into text and B) I’m still kinda paranoid. :fluttersmith: But I do appreciate your responses.

I’m not sure what to do. Like, OKCupid only ever has the same 13-14 non-hetero people on there in my area, Tinder has a completely different dating pool, Match had a different dating pool, etc. so even online the context shifts, I suppose. I wouldn’t do a cold approach on someone because I don’t like it myself and I know many other women hate it. Maybe my questions are too broad.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:31 am

Mr. Big wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:27 pm
Update on this. I've made it a goal for this year to try to overcome this. Some of this involves opening up to close friends more, being willing to assert myself when needed, etc.

On one hand, doing all this is terrifying for me, but on the other, I've come to realize I can't really make any progress if I let this cripple me. Hope I can at least overcome some of it.
You can do it :flutterunsmith:

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:58 pm

Okay so like............ I've been seeing a girl long-distance for a few months, and last week we met up in person, and... we're still seeing each other so I guess this is even more unambiguously a thing that is happening and continues to happen!

This is not a Ponygoon romance, but it's Ponygoon-adjacent since I met her as a friend of Perry's and Weird Autumn's, so deffo a win in the forums record book IMO. She lives in Brazil, so it's also one of those awful cross-continental LDRs. But... it's totally worth it.

I am not sure how it happened, still? Like, I was all like, "Hey, I have a crush on you," and then I got a response like "??? ?? ???????? ???? ? ???," and then we were like, "Oh, okay then!"

:twonk:

I like my girlfriend. :-I
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:02 am

Factory Factory wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:58 pm
I like my girlfriend. :-I
Nice! Best of luck, and I'm sure people here have some ideas on how to handle the long distance aspect if and when you two.need.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:16 am

Oh hey that sounds familiar. :allears: LDRs are tough but can also be incredibly rewarding. Speaking from experience and all. :3:

Keep up good communication and all that important stuff and enjoy the nice things! You are both great and deserve it.

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:47 pm

We got engaged. :trixyay: :chillin:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:40 pm