Relationships & Co. Thread

Where everybody knows your name. (Safe Spaces and Self-Help)

Moderator: Momo

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Re: Relationships & Co. Thread

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Sun May 24, 2020 1:56 am

Congrats!

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Sun May 24, 2020 8:42 am

Nice!
ImageImageImage Very math.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:23 pm

so uh I may have blundered into a ldr and it took me a really long time to realize it :-I

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:45 pm

Congrats ;)

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:25 pm

Wooooo :yay:

Name: Tammy

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:02 pm

Princess Flufflebutt wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:45 pm
Congrats ;)
:spoiler:
Snowfire wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:25 pm
Wooooo :yay:
aww, thank you, Smowfire :flutterunsmith:

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:30 am

Congrats! :yay:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:47 am

Thanks, Mr. Big :flutterunsmith:

Anyway, the funniest part about all of this is that you always hear “it just happened” when it comes to these sorts of things. And, like, when we started out PMing each other, there wasn’t any ulterior motive other than mutual support. For like 3 years we discussed our problems, how our days were going, cartoons, furry stuff, just chatting. Both of us were like “how are we ever going to meet anybody.”

And then I got a crush on her but I wasn’t sure what to do about it and we kept chatting and started getting silly and flirting a little while back. And then recently another poster here was talking about something somewhere else (name withheld unless they are okay with me mentioning them here but they are a good person), how a relationship started that way for them, and it hit me like, “wait, is that what we’re doing?” :v: So I asked Fluffles if that was what we were doing and she was like “maybe?” and I was like, “oh, okay, I guess we’re dating now.”

So yes, it just happened. :-I I don’t know how either.

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:48 am

It just happened and holy fuck, it's been so good. Madeline is such a charming woman. :allears:

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:10 am

:party:

Skipper
Rainbow Racers
Patreon platinum

Post by Skipper (?) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:02 am

Congratulations! :yay:

Very happy for the both of you! :allears:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:16 am

Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:48 am
It just happened and holy fuck, it's been so good. Madeline is such a charming woman. :allears:
:blush:
Mr. Big wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:10 am
:party:
:yay:
Skipper wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:02 am
Congratulations! :yay:

Very happy for the both of you! :allears:
Thank you, Skipper. May your voyages be blessed (or whatever nautical term for “going well” you would prefer to use) because you are a smart and thoughtful person who makes smart and thoughtful posts.

e: not that giving us a compliment is required for me to call anyone smart & thoughtful :-I because it’s not

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:22 pm

Yessss more forum love :scheming:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:34 pm

Ponygoon love is the best love.

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:11 pm

It keeps happening :twonk:

Congrats!
ImageImage Image Image

;) ❤️ :twasnothin: ❤️ :fancyhat:

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:47 pm

Fizzbuzz wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:34 pm
Ponygoon love is the best love.

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:45 pm

DaikatunaRevengeance wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:11 pm
It keeps happening :twonk:

Congrats!
No one is safe.

Thanks! :yay:

Jill
it's the super maria sisters super show!!!
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:44 pm

i think i'm pretty safe :v:

congrats tho :allears:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:24 am

Jill wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:44 pm
i think i'm pretty safe :v:

congrats tho :allears:
You never know. I was convinced that I would always be alone until it turned out that I had a crush on somebody I’d already been talking to and then it got serious somehow and here we are :-I

Never give up hope

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:39 pm

Relationships are a mistake. I can’t handle being in a poly situation, especially not with so eone who constantly sends me unwanted messages and makes me feel belittled and condescended to. I’m leaving any LGBT community behind and I’m just gonna be a fucking voluntary celibate loser for the rest of my life. It’s easier than trying to understand human emotions or people because they are completely beyond me.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:40 pm

feel free to laugh at me or heap abuse on me. it’s what I deseve

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:02 am

It doesn't have to a be a poly thing. Especially not with someone you don't like. I'm sorry I put this pressure on you. I was selfish and I hurt you. I am so sorry. I should have thought about your needs more.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:51 am

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:02 am
It doesn't have to a be a poly thing. Especially not with someone you don't like. I'm sorry I put this pressure on you. I was selfish and I hurt you. I am so sorry. I should have thought about your needs more.
She’s a perfectly good and nice person who also makes me feel like a completely inadequate fool. I can’t compete with anyone because I have absolutely nothing worthwhile to offer anyone. Just a basket of terrible learned behaviors and abuse baggage and shitty nerd hobbies that everyone has looked down on forever (albeit now it’s because of fucking nazi assholes).

It isn’t that you’re poly. It’s that I wanted to feel loved and special for the first time in my life and now I know, it’s confirmed, I’m the complete opposite of special or interesting. Just another boring nerd asshole on the internet with nothing to offer anyone, wasting oxygen and food amd water and resources smarter ans better people need.

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:39 am

Madeline wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:51 am
She’s a perfectly good and nice person who also makes me feel like a completely inadequate fool. I can’t compete with anyone because I have absolutely nothing worthwhile to offer anyone. Just a basket of terrible learned behaviors and abuse baggage and shitty nerd hobbies that everyone has looked down on forever (albeit now it’s because of fucking nazi assholes).

It isn’t that you’re poly. It’s that I wanted to feel loved and special for the first time in my life and now I know, it’s confirmed, I’m the complete opposite of special or interesting. Just another boring nerd asshole on the internet with nothing to offer anyone, wasting oxygen and food amd water and resources smarter ans better people need.
You're not boring, uninteresting or a waste of resources. Nor are you an asshole. You are wanted and loved. I love and want you. I never wanted to make you feel like you were competing. I'm sorry I let that happen.

Jill
it's the super maria sisters super show!!!
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:32 pm

Madeline wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:39 pm
I can’t handle being in a poly situation
If I'm being honest, most of us can't. Any relationship between 3+ people is invariably going to generate some feelings of being left out and singled out and betrayed. Even in people without self-esteem issues, jealousy is a powerful and miserable force that goes underestimated all the time. There's something of a social taboo around envy where no one wants to admit when it's something they feel. We might have our feelings belittled and considered petty and immature. We don't get to feel all righteous about it like we do with anger. We might tell ourselves we're being petty and immature, and the feeling might stick around even though we've acknowledged it and keep coming up again. Few people are equipped to actually defuse it.

I'm not one of them. Consciously I know that whenever my partners spend time with each other and not me, it doesn't automatically mean I'm inadequate and unwanted in the relationship. I'll still feel that way though, and those are feelings I'd rather just avoid having. I've still got my share of issues with regards to abandonment and isolation, and I would only consider a poly relationship if all of us knew each other super well and were on the same page about each other's emotional baggage.

I've gone off on a bit of a tangent as Jills are wont to, but at the very least I hope this perspective is helpful to someone.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:39 pm

Jill wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:32 pm
If I'm being honest, most of us can't. Any relationship between 3+ people is invariably going to generate some feelings of being left out and singled out and betrayed. Even in people without self-esteem issues, jealousy is a powerful and miserable force that goes underestimated all the time. There's something of a social taboo around envy where no one wants to admit when it's something they feel. We might have our feelings belittled and considered petty and immature. We don't get to feel all righteous about it like we do with anger. We might tell ourselves we're being petty and immature, and the feeling might stick around even though we've acknowledged it and keep coming up again. Few people are equipped to actually defuse it.

I'm not one of them. Consciously I know that whenever my partners spend time with each other and not me, it doesn't automatically mean I'm inadequate and unwanted in the relationship. I'll still feel that way though, and those are feelings I'd rather just avoid having. I've still got my share of issues with regards to abandonment and isolation, and I would only consider a poly relationship if all of us knew each other super well and were on the same page about each other's emotional baggage.

I've gone off on a bit of a tangent as Jills are wont to, but at the very least I hope this perspective is helpful to someone.
it is helpful. thank you.

I don’t know what else to say but that I was absolutely not ready or emotionally mature enough to be trustworthy in a relationship either, since I lied about seeking help in a mental health crisis situation (I didn’t, I was too scared to go, so when a cop showed up, that was startling and unwelcome).

I’m not even mature or nice enough to stay friends. I can’t even stay offline when I’m supposed to.

huge asshole fuckup right here <—

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:42 pm

So uh, Medley (Pseudo) and I are getting back together. :allears:

We were actually LDRing before when she had just come out as trans. I couldn't remember why we broke up, but she reminded me it was because I said I wouldn't be comfortable if she was bigender, because well, OBVIOUSLY I was a straight guy (albeit demi).

Well... turns out the only part of that that was true was the demi part. :v:

Lately, we've started talking again and decided that since her being bigender is no longer a problem since MY coming out as a trans woman also made me realize I was bi, we are going to try LDRing again for the time being. And obviously try to physically see each other at some point. :yay:

Also Ponygoon love best love etc. etc. :flutterunsmith:

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:30 am

Snowfire wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:42 pm
So uh, Medley (Pseudo) and I are getting back together. :allears:
Congrats to you two!

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:31 am

On an unrelated note, am I the only one here who's feeling the pandemic put a strain on their relationship? Anyone have any tips?

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Tue May 18, 2021 4:36 pm

diribigal wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:31 am
On an unrelated note, am I the only one here who's feeling the pandemic put a strain on their relationship? Anyone have any tips?
Are you living with your partner? If so, it could be helpful to do an activity every so often without them. Being forced to spend every minute with the same person for over a year can get tedious, regardless of how much you care for them. Time apart is really important. Being a better independent person helps you be a better partner.

I'm lucky because it feels like my relationship has gotten stronger during the pandemic. It's really nice to have someone to lean on when it feels like the world is crumbling around you. He helps me when I'm feeling overwhelmed and vice versa.
ImageImageImageImageImage

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:55 pm

Octavia wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:36 pm
Are you living with your partner? If so, it could be helpful to do an activity every so often without them. Being forced to spend every minute with the same person for over a year can get tedious, regardless of how much you care for them. Time apart is really important. Being a better independent person helps you be a better partner.
Thanks Octavia. I need to do more without them and hope that I can once my vaccine kicks in. Right now our balance of time together/apart versus what each person would like is just off.

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Post by Smoke (?) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:29 am

5 years ago today:

Image I shall sing you the song of my people
ImageImageImage

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Post by Smoke (?) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:39 pm

So 10 years ago I asked for some advice in this thread's predecessor on the forums pre-hack.

Worked out pretty well I'd say.
Image I shall sing you the song of my people
ImageImageImage