Autumn Will Write Eventually

It's lovely, darling! (Fanart, Fanfics, Pony or not Pony. If you're creative, post here!)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Weird Autumn
Party with the kids who wanna party with you
Faithful Students

Autumn Will Write Eventually

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 pm

At this point people may or may not know that I write, or at least I have ambitions towards writing, or at least I have stuff that I could write and often wish that I would but usually don't. Last month, for sort of a mahou shoujo/magical girl-themed Inktober counter-challenge, I decided that I wanted to try and write a short story or scene every day for the entire month, not holding myself to any kind of NaNoWriMo word count goals but just trying to come up with and write down a little sketch of a thing every day. I wound up not quite making it all the way through, but I feel like I had a decent run, so now that the month is over I wanted to look back over my results and pick out a few favorite pieces to share. With any luck I'll continue doing at least a bit of writing here and there and use this thread to share anything new that comes along, but here's a smattering of stuff I have for right now.

Magical Girls

Morning: I had fun coming up with a main character and a recurring antagonist in this one.

Animals: I really like this character and I'm stupidly happy with this goofy little scene.

Rival: I'm like 50/50 on how much I like the character interaction in this one--as in, like, literally I like about half of it and I'm not happy with about half of it--but I established characters and plot stuff here I kept coming back to.

Gun: This is one of the scenes I had the most fun writing. I kinda genuinely like it.

Magical Adult Women

Witch: An introduction to Celeste, a timid but capable Pratchett-y sort of community grandma witch.

Casual: Lex is an MiB witch and I like her a lot. At some point I turned her into an excuse to come up with goofy theme villains to meet prompts but she's still fun.

Noir: I wanted to write a super noir scene for the private eye witch Regina, so when the freebie day came around I used it on that. This is one of my favorites.

Aphonia

Nature: I took a little detour into this fantasy-western setting and tried to stretch my descriptive muscles with a scene involving minimal dialog. I don't think I'm great at that but I had a lot of fun writing this and it's another one I'm kinda proud of.

Absence

Divine Lorraine: After three solid weeks of managing to write a scene every day, I eventually wore myself out and decided to just let myself do the prompts I really wanted to write for the last week or so. I also decided that for the spooky Halloween prompt on the last day I wanted to go back and do a bit of revision on a longer story I wrote last year. I'm not sure if I'm entirely happy with how talky and frankly tell-y the narration is even after I tried to edit a bunch of it down, but I still like some of the imagery here, and I think it's a pretty decent introduction to some characters and a world that I'm really very fond of, and it's the thing I have to offer that's like a complete story and not a disconnected scene you may or may not be able to connect to a bunch of other disconnected scenes I wrote last month.

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Re: Autumn Will Write Eventually

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:29 pm

I'm writing a story. I feel like I might have found an approach that I can make work, and I've been wanting to do something with these characters for a while, so I'm gonna try to stick with this, at least for a little bit.

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Mon May 28, 2018 8:58 am

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:26 pm

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Weird Autumn wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:29 pm
I'm writing a story. I feel like I might have found an approach that I can make work, and I've been wanting to do something with these characters for a while, so I'm gonna try to stick with this, at least for a little bit.
I wound up not sticking with that but I'm giving it another try

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:33 am

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:54 pm

Weird Autumn