Obvious Honeypot of Secrecy

Where only the shiniest threads are preserved for all to see.
nimrod
yee
The Great and Powerful Trixsters

Re: Obvious Honeypot of Secrecy

Post by nimrod (?) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:46 am

Stuff wrote:
Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:34 am
btw i referenced a few members in my story so they can feel validated. check it :allears:
It warmed my Egbert heart.
Yellowbot wrote:
Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:27 am
absolute beauty
A+++++++++++++++++++++
ice cold spite etc

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:58 am

Yellowbot wrote:
Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:27 am
absolute beauty
:jingo:

ToastGhost
Big adventure's waiting.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by ToastGhost (?) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:31 pm

kefkafloyd wrote:
Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:09 am
ToastGhost: Congratulations, you wrote a human in equestria thing, turns out you are the brony. P+++
I still consider this a victory. :twiright:
ImageImageImage

Angel Beat
~ Space, the final frontier. ~
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Angel Beat (?) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Nothing will come out. :fluttersmith:
New signature pending.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:08 pm

I was going to do a big thing and everything but then life happened

Sorry :pinkieshrug:
Image /// Image /// Image

Frosthawk
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by Frosthawk (?) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:10 pm

Perrydotto wrote:
Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:08 pm
I was going to do a big thing and everything but then life happened

Sorry :pinkieshrug:
Yeah, this.

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:37 pm

In the middle of the forum when he's not that tired
lives a brave little Mod whom we all admire.
With his long wooden pipe,
fuzzy, woolly toes,
he lives in Boston and everybody knows him

Kefka
Kefkafloyd
He's only three feet tall
Kefka
Kefkafloyd
The bravest moderator of them all

Now Mods aren't peace-lovin' folks you know
They like to ban folks and sometimes make a show
They don't like to travel and would rather crash
But they'll travel to a con and try to make some cash
But one day Kefka was asked to go
on a big adventure to the forum below,
to help some dwarves get back their gold
that was stolen by a dragon in the days of old.

Kefka
Kefkafloyd
Kefka
Kefkafloyd

Well, he fought with the shippers!
He battled a troll!!
He riddled with Perry!!!
A magic horse he stole!!!
He was chased by furries,
Lost in the forest,
Escaped in a barrel from the communist-bot's halls!!!!!!!

Kefka
Kefkafloyd

Now he's back in his home in the land of Boston,
The Berkshires are better, but we won't blame him.
just sittin' on a treasure trove of Rarity pics
puffin' on his pipe doing administrator tricks.

Kefka
Kefkafloyd
Kefka
Kefkafloyd

:v: Having never met Kefka, and assuming he is standing on a box in that one panel picture I vaguely remember seeing, I will assume he is only 3ft tall.

:spike101: also note I didn't use "dick" in that last rhyme.

:gotcha: And also note the several terrible rhymes which may enrage Octavia.
Last edited by The Doctor on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:51 pm

In keeping with the rest of my education career, I left the assignment to the last minute, and all the good material's been checked out of the library. Time for one of my signature bland summaries of the text! :ponynet:

In Defense of Mods and Masters

The rise of global communications has expanded humanity's ability to create, share, and debate at an unprecedented pace, but our understanding of etiquette and separation of personal and public life in the new Internet forum has not yet fully adapted to this social evolution. In this increasingly decentralized environment, the role of gatekeeper takes on a special importance not only in shaping public discourse but in expressing the community's desire for common standards.

Traditional society is governed by the rule of law, but how do we establish such common ground online? Internet forums are created and administered by the community, so we must rely on Locke's representation of a social contract, an exchange of individual freedoms for the common good that grants authority to the law to allow other freedoms to flourish. Standards are established through consensus, and debate can alter them. While Locke concerns himself with the justification for war, crime, and the theft of property, an online community's currency is its communal creative output. Thus, the forum's government is charged with safeguarding the intellectual well-being of its members.

Rousseau's vision of a social contract extends this reasoning while discussing the difficulty of imposing law on society. Good legislators, he argues, must carefully consider what laws the public can bear. The Internet provides an opportunity to create the civil society he desires:
One which, already bound by some unity of origin, interest, or convention, has never yet felt the real yoke of law; one that has neither customs nor superstitions deeply ingrained, [...] and, lastly, one which unites the consistency of an ancient people with the docility of a new one.
Rousseau argues that law should be established early, before its subjects become "incorrigible" and set in their ways. An Internet gathering is free to mold itself in any way it desires, but doing so requires a discerning will from the outset.

In establishing a forum in a new community, the architect determines its members' behavior by consent within the forum and, more generally, their creative output. We can understand "creativity" to be the sum of an Internet community's output, in prose as well as art. Moreover, a fledgling community must also decide by what social contract it must abide. Those who moderate discussion, therefore, are tasked with two responsibilities: to define the standards of Rousseau's public will, and to protect the freedom of Locke's individual.

What responsibility, then, do forum members bear in the maintenance of their community? The moderator enforces public standards, but each member also bears two duties: to respect the freedoms of other members, and to advocate for his or her vision of the forum's policy. The forum can then try to embody the spirit of the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." A community that can perfectly follow such a policy would have no need for the rule of law, for now, let their presence serve as a reminder of the goal of all society, the enrichment of the group through common effort.
Last edited by SlateSlabrock on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:51 pm

[quote="Angel post_id=55983 time=1409105220 user_id=70]Nothing will come out. :fluttersmith:[/quote]
Have you tried Ex-Lax? It's PPPP approved!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Angel Beat
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Angel Beat (?) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Octavia wrote:
Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:51 pm
Have you tried Ex-Lax? It's PPPP approved!
It's been a rough time. :pinkieshrug:
New signature pending.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:02 pm

[quote="Angel post_id=55989 time=1409108160 user_id=70]It's been a rough time. :pinkieshrug:[/quote]
Well that's a downer. :fluttersmith:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Aurora

Post by Aurora » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:57 am

RIP me

Pretend I made a post that emulated House of Leaves, that's what I was going to do

blasmeister
Semper Pie

Post by blasmeister (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:18 am

Image x 167
ImageImageImageImage

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:17 am

blasmeister wrote:
Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:18 am
Image x 167
new footage of the Ferguson protests
Gloriosa Did Nothing Wrong

RIP Syndrome
i can be yuor angle... or you´re DEBIL
Rainbow Racers

Post by RIP Syndrome (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:48 am

I was gonna write something but then I remembered that I am very much a lazy person
this post and you´re face ™&©20234 R.I.P. Shitpostal Service LLC
for licensing inquiries, please contact :twisted:, VP of Licensing at R.I.P. Enterprises
~ORIGINAILL COUNTENTEH SINCE 1666 DONTE is good STEEL PLS~

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:25 am

"I promise to kill you last" Kaiser Kefka laboriously whispered, seemingly singling out a random poster from the growing crowd. "But, I beg of you..." he continued, "Do not offer me the same courtesy." A nervous smile or two did little to pierce the tense miasma hanging over the doomed crowd. The posters themselves, in various states of preparedness, had already started eyeing up each other, making naive battle plans for the upcoming , because, as the wise men say, "everyone has a plan until they're punched in the chest."

"You've all seen the previous rounds. You all know what you must do." Kaiser Kefka said, breaking the silence again, "You have willingly entered the Honeypot, one of you, try not to disappoint." And with that, the gates opened. Akin to panicked game animals, despite their own illusions to the contrary, they fled the chambers, attempting to put their aforementioned plans into motion. For some, the battle was to start then and there, with fists and feet and totally awesome luchador action, they began the grand melee. In the end, there could only be one, after all, regardless if they manage to take down the Kaiser himself.

Kefka sighed, overlooking the now empty corral. Going through the motions, more a practiced dance at this point than any sort of genuine war preparation, he began to assemble his gear. His mod attendants riveting his powered armour onto his hardened, steel like body, forged in the fires from the countless purges in the past, he looked at what he had to do, not out of pride, but out of cold duty. All the Digimon posters were dead by his hands, as were the PPG fans. "They too, entered the Honeypot willingly." he affirmed aloud, as trusted mod LiamA handed him his ArmaLite Banhammer Mk. III.

He waited the customary six hours before he began his hunt. Spending the time, as always, listening to his Steve Miller Band albums, as nothing put him him the mood for cold, calculated mass bannings like Abracadabra. Finishing the album with While I'm Waiting, a fitting final song he thought, given the circumstances, he stood, his aged Ceramite Power Armour groaning and creaking, looking at the window, admiring the sunset. "Will this be the time? he wondered. "Probably not."

And then he went to go bust some punk ass.

===============

- Excerpt from The Helvetica Games: Battle Raavi. Chapter 3.
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Daikatuna

Post by Daikatuna (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:05 am

blasmeister wrote:
Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:18 am
Image x 167

Big Boss
A tourist trap that can surpass Mystery Shack?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:42 am

Be mindful that you have until midnight eastern tonight to submit your thing if you haven't done so. Otherwise, enjoy a free forums vacation! :plonk:

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:45 am

kefkafloyd wrote:
Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:42 am
Blarg Barghl Blarg Barghl Blarg Barghl Blarg Barghl Blarg Barghl Blarg Barghl Blarg Barghl Blarg Barghl Blarg Barghl Blarg Barghl Blarg Barghl Blarg Barghl :plonk:
FTFY

ROBOT B9

Post by ROBOT B9 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:47 am

Is it a probation or a ban? This is serious.

Big Boss
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:49 am

A probation.

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:12 pm

i made this real fast
Durandal looked around in amazement. “A poster? What? No, look. I’m supposed to find someone here, a Kefkafloyd. It’s about Tailspin.”

At the mention of Tailspin’s name, Kefka’s ironic smile faded. He looked Durandal up and down again, as if really seeing him for the first time. “Tailspin you say….hmm. Well that’s me, kid. The name’s Floyd. Kefka. Kefkafloyd. And I guess after that little show you know why.” He flipped a card out of his pocket at handed it to Durandal. Durandal examined the card, it was a custom made Rarity, flattened into a business card. In fancy script it read: “Kefkafloyd: Moderator – Typographer – Wanderer.”

“Well, you see….” Durandal began, “Tailspin has become somewhat of a…..problem. He’s holed himself up inside of a demented place he calls his ‘Party Palooza’, and spends all his time ranting about an ancient monster he calls ‘Furamek’, and how Sunset Shimmer is a legitimate villain character with redeemable qualities!”

Kefka sat silently for a moment, the slender plume wafting from his cigar as though also in contemplation of this turn of events. “Well, I think it’s time to show this guy who’s the mod around here.” He hitched up his cargo pants, wrapped a scarf around his neck, and from a locker behind him produced a gun and two EMP automags – one of them was labeled “PROBATION”, and the other “BANISHMENT”. Durandal silently hoped that they wouldn’t be needed as he checked his chronometer and went to get his steamcycle.

~~~~~

Kefka and Durandal stood outside the gate of the Palooza, from which various flatulating noises emitted. Momar stood outside with a high-powered rifle, trying to keep the riff-raff from spreading to the rest of Steam City. Kefka swaggered past carelessly and pushed a button on the intercom. “Tailspin, you hawk-nosed sausage smoker!” Kefka yelled. “You got less than five seconds to get out here or you’re getting’ a suicide king right in the schnitzel hole!” On the intercom’s viewscreen, an image appeared in reply.

“It’s time to kick butt and not do anything else,” Kefka said as he punched his fist into the gate controls and jammed some wires together, causing the gates to open. Striding inside, he found Tailspin sitting like a king, his one hand mashing the “Quick Reply” button, and his other hand wrapped in an iron wrist brace. “Don’t make another step, baldo” he barked, then held up his arm. “Do you see this brace? It’s there because the trolling powers inside this hand are so strong that if I don’t keep it braced all the time, it will take over my body and bring about the apocalypse and release Whitenoise from his ancient prison. Don’t make me do it! There’ll be nothing you can do to stop it!”

Kefka, cool and detached as always, simply shrugged his shoulders. “You know what? You’re right. I can’t beat you at your own game. Let’s just agree to disagree, okay?”

“Don’t tell me the great Kefka is giving up that easily! Hahaha! That means I’m the mod now! The masses are all under my control and I have ultimate power! User loses posting privileges for 3 days!” he cackled. In the midst of his revelry, Kefka produced a small derringer from his scarf and fired. Without a sound, without a puff of smoke or fanfare of any sort. Tailspin was simply gone. “I’ll leave you to your duties then” Kefka said slyly before swaggering back out into the real world.

“What did you do? I wanna do that!” said Momar. “I slapped him with a damping field generator that makes him both invisible and mute. He doesn’t realize it’s there, and he’s too dumb to remove it, so he’ll never bother us again” Kefka said with a self-satisfied grin. “By science! You’re a genius!” Durandal exclaimed. “All in a day’s work, kid.” Kefka blew a blue whorl of smoke into the air, his scarf streaming behind him, an ace idly twirling in one hand as with the other he scratched the stubble of days of ruggedly unshaving. The smoke in the air curled around until it formed the words “PANTONE 7541 C”. “What’s that?” asked Durandal. “It’s the code for…uh, well…..Ah, you know what, you wouldn’t understand,” he fumbled, before stamping out the half-burnt cigar on the ground and mounting his technosteamcycle. He took off without another word, blazing his way into the dying sunset.

Angel Beat
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Angel Beat (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:54 pm

I'll take the hit then. :pinkieshrug:
New signature pending.

Luneshot

Post by Luneshot » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:15 pm

kefkafloyd wrote:
Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:49 am
A probation.
Forever.

(Realtalk: school has started and I don't really have the time to get this done tonight. I'll try but it's prob. not gonna happen)

Demeh

Post by Demeh » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:17 pm

lolk

Big Boss
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:34 pm

This thread has already garnered enough gem mine material anyway so I don't hold it against you if you want to take the hit. It was, after all, a honeypot. :-I

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:39 pm

kefkafloyd wrote:
Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:42 am
Be mindful that you have until midnight eastern tonight to submit your thing if you haven't done so. Otherwise, enjoy a free forums vacation! :plonk:
O. U wur sirious?
ImageImageImage Very math.

blasmeister
Semper Pie

Post by blasmeister (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:59 pm

Luneshot wrote:
Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:15 pm
Forever.

(Realtalk: school has started and I don't really have the time to get this done tonight. I'll try but it's prob. not gonna happen)
Not much point in saving yourself when all the good posters will be out anyway, tbh.

Don't cry for me PPPP,
the truth is I never left you
All through my shitposts,
my bad threadmaking
I kept by my code:
No effortposting
ImageImageImageImage

ROBOT B9

Post by ROBOT B9 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:59 pm

I'll still be here...

Daikatuna

Post by Daikatuna (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:59 pm

blasmeister wrote:
Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:59 pm
Don't cry for me PPPP,
the truth is I never left you
All through my shitposts,
my bad threadmaking
I kept by my code:
No effortposting
:jingo:

W.T. Fits
Storm, ride the storm
Never-ending
Skies darkened, torn
Heaven-rending
Ire, fury borne
Never-ending
Roar, hear my roar!
Faithful Students

Post by W.T. Fits (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Recently, I've been having trouble with posting. I find myself self-consciously second-guessing everything I type. There are times when I'll hit the Post Reply button, spend minutes typing up a response, going back over it, editing it, trying to figure out how to say what I want to say... and then ultimately close the window without hitting the Submit button. I find myself paralyzed by the thought that what I might have to contribute is unfunny or just low content that's not worth the effort. My lack of confidence was really starting to get to me.

And that's when my doctor recommended KefkaFloyd. With KefkaFloyd, I find myself more willing to make posts. I find myself being more social with my online peers. KefkaFloyd is not addictive, and is non-habit forming. I can choose to post as much or as little as I want. With KefkaFloyd on my side, I'm more confident in my own actions, and ready to take on whatever challenges forum life has in store for me.
WARNING: Do not post racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive material while under the influence of KefkaFloyd. Do not mix KefkaFloyd with alcohol or other medications. KefkaFloyd should be stored in a cool, dry place when not in use. Failure to do so relieves PonyGoons and Hasbro of all liability. If you are pregnant or looking to become pregnant, consult your pediatrician before beginning a KefkaFloyd regimen. Do not post low content materials outside of Pinkie Pie's Party Palooza while using KefkaFloyd. KefkaFloyd should only be used in moderation, or occasionally administration, and never be taken lightly.

While taking KefkaFloyd, some side effects may occur, including but not limited to: itching, vertigo, dizziness, tingling in extremities, loss of balance or coordination, slurred speech, temporary blindness, profuse sweating, heart palpitations, fever, chills, nausea, indigestion, heartburn, upset stomach, upset pancreas, upset liver, melancholy spleen, gallstones, kidney stones, tennis elbow, runner's knee, runner's high, redeye flight, font elitism, paranoia, psychotic megalomania, nihilism, contempt for self-help booklet speeches, a momentary lapse of reason, ummagumma, the dark side of the moon, a saucerful of secrets, candy and a currant bun, apples and oranges, fearless, any colour you like, one of my turns, comfortably numb, terminal frost, and high hopes. If symptoms persist, consult your soviet space automaton.

KefkaFloyd is not available in all territories. KefkaFloyd has superb tensile strength. Do not stare directly into the operational end of KefkaFloyd. Do not expose KefkaFloyd directly to sunlight. Do not submerge KefkaFloyd in liquid, even partially. Do not refill KefkaFloyd after 12:00 a.m. Do not operate heavy machinery while under the influence of KefkaFloyd. Do not make eye contact with KefkaFloyd, as it will be taken as challenge for dominance. Do not taunt KefkaFloyd. KefkaFloyd comes with a lifetime warranty.
KefkaFloyd has considerably changed my life for the better. If you're lacking in confidence, and want to try to post more often and be more outgoing, consult your physician today, and ask if KefkaFloyd is right for you.

mr man

Post by mr man » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Oh dang I forgot about this thread.

Welp.

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:06 pm

[quote="mr post_id=56011 time=1409177100 user_id=1]Oh dang I forgot about this thread.

Welp.[/quote]
We still have 6 hours until KefkaLaw.
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

stuff
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by stuff (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:19 pm

ban them all, kef

Helix
Semper Pie

Post by Helix (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:41 pm

ImageImage ImageImage

mr man

Post by mr man » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Aramek wrote:
Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:06 pm
We still have 6 hours until KefkaLaw.
I'm at work plus I am getting teeth removed soon. I might be able to mash something togethdr in a drug induced stupor later but it will probably be really terrible.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:41 pm

[quote="mr post_id=56015 time=1409186220 user_id=1]
I'm at work plus I am getting teeth removed soon. I might be able to mash something togethdr in a drug induced stupor later but it will probably be really terrible.[/quote]
If you're on painkillers then it has an equal chance of being terrible or excellent.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Fizzbuzz wrote:
Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:41 pm
If you're on painkillers then it has an equal chance of being terrible or excellent.
This. Do it, mr man.
Image /// Image /// Image

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:33 pm

Perrydotto wrote:
Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:20 pm
This. Do it, mr man.
Of course, he's only got just under 2.5 hours to do it...

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:13 pm

I would hope Kefka would grant an extension for a drug induced story.