Secret Celestia 7 - Christmas is Minty-Proof!

Where only the shiniest threads are preserved for all to see.
Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Secret Celestia 7 - Christmas is Minty-Proof!

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Alright, provisory thread up until I can make the OP nicer. I thought I still had the original one but I must have saved the backup wrong, so uh, rip. This will do for now. We'll keep on trucking, though - Minty couldn't destroy Christmas and neither can any forum shenanigans here!

You sadly have to repost your wishlists. Please do so ASAP, if you signed up already. If you haven't, you can still sign up but also do post your wishlist ASAP!

I'm extending the signup until November 4th 2017. Please please consider signing up. We've not been having a lot of people participate so far and especially now, it'd be nice to see some more community spirit come together. :flutterunsmith:

Watch this space, I will update this OP when I got the energy and time to do so.

Email your signups and adresses to chaosforall[at]gmx[dot]de and make sure you are reachable there too - I will send out adresses via email this year, NOT via PM.

People who have already signed up via email are fine, I still have the emails. Just, still, repost your wishlists.

Lets make this a great Round Stable Christmas, despite everything. :hug:
Image /// Image /// Image

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Re: Secret Celestia 7 - Christmas is Minty-Proof!

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Heck heck heck! Gotta wishlist fast so I can spend time convincing people to sign up!

<futurama youtube>

Merry X-Mas!

<another futurama youtube>

Decorate the heckie out of the box if you want, or not, whatever!

GIZMOS!

* For my oldest, still unfinished electronics project, an EEColor Color3 off eBay and, optionally, an Altera USB Blaster FPGA programming cable.
* Bluetooth game controller for retro games, like something from 8Bitdo
* Interesting microcontroller boards like the AdaFruit Feather M0, Trinket M0, and Feather Huzzah.

BOOKS
* Artemis, Andy Weir
* The Hunt for Vulcan, Thomas Levenson
* Neverwhere, Neil Gaiman
* Modern Romance, Aziz Ansari
* Used books are cool! Especially literally any Discworld and Terry Pratchett because I don't know where to start and thus haven't!

PONIES!
* Pinkie Pie mug! (Vandor makes it, Vandor 41261 is what it's called on Amazon)
* A Silfoe commission with ponies recreating a Dragon Ball or JoJo fight scene :amazing:
* Rarity is also a top-tier pony

OTHER THINGS!
* Surprises good!
* Local things that you find special, always nice!
* Won't say no to Steam games! Cuphead is good. Steambux towards Wolfenstein II is also good if you just can't think of anything else.
* No clothes please!
Last edited by Factory Factory on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Post by Smoke (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Alright, re-signup time! I sent an e-mail already before horsepocalypse, should I send it again?

Anyways, a brief list.
- Model kits are my jam. Here's my Scalemates profile, there's a wishlist on there but no need to pick something specific from that(there's some big items on there), I'm happy with anything. The stuff I've already built might be helpful as a guide too.
- Pony stuff is always welcome, best horses are fashion horse and apple horse.
- I'm also a big fan of Transformers, the Megaman games and the Zelda games.
- Candy's welcome, I'll try anything once. It'd be nice to get something local from your area. I don't have any allergies you need to consider.
- In case you feel like t-shirts, I'm a US XL in size. I prefer the more subtle stuff so I can wear it to work too.

Other things are of course also welcome :).

Note from Perry: Please make the outer box undecorated, inside can be decorated!
Image I shall sing you the song of my people
ImageImageImage

theGECK
People don't "become an adult", they just get too old to be called a kid
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by theGECK (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:37 pm

It's back! Let the celebrating commence!

- Please don't do shirts unless you're personally making me something. I have long arms and it's hard enough for me to find shirts that fit me.
- Scootaloo and Rarity are both best pony. I don't actually have much pony stuff, except a few blind bag figurines, a small Rarity Plushie, and the "Fiendship is Magic" book. I wouldn't mind having more, if it dropped into my life.
- If I had to choose my favorite pasttimes, it would be books (especially hard sci-fi), board/card games (especially 2 or 5 person games), and movies (especially...fun ones? Anything except for horror). I'm not much into comic issues, but I really like graphic novels or whatever it's called when comics are collected into a collection.
- If you send foods please at least include gluten free options so that my spouse can enjoy some with me. It's more fun to eat with people, and my wife enjoys not feeling sick for the next day or two! I like chocolate and cookies are my kryptonite, something that's hard for me to .
- If you have something that will actually help us learn Estonian from English, I will be incredibly grateful. Estonian's not one of those popular languages that has lots of good (or even decent) books and software around, at least that I've been able to find.
- I don't have a lot of time to play games, but here's my Steam wishlist.
- Other properties that I could consider myself a "fan" of are Hearthstone, Calvin & Hobbes (but who isn't?), Steven Universe, One Piece, Star Trek, Puella Magi Madoka Magika. I'm always on the lookout for interesting shows I haven't seen though - animation quality and/or unique character design is something that I universally find myself drawn to.
- Surprises! Things not on this list! Something that you personally think I would like!

You can decorate the package however you want. With two almost tween very girly girls in our life, no amount of pink, purple, or glitter can stop us.
Last edited by theGECK on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:30 am, edited 8 times in total.

!saak
🎜 joie de vivre 🎜
Semper Pie

Post by !saak (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Yoooo,

thanks for extending :hug:

STUFF YOU COULD GET ME CUZ I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT

-- I'm not really into pony so much any more, so I'm good without anything pony related :)

- of course if you do wanna go with something pony you know what my fave pone is

-- BOOKS!!! I'm out of stuff to read!! I recently finished Maus, Persepolis and earlier this year I read Dune and... uh... probably something else.
I'm looking for something lighter cuz Maus and Persepolis were quite the one-two punch. I love sci-fi and fantasy and I've been thinking about getting into Neil Gaiman maybe? Graphic novels are rad, art books are rad too!!

E: I just got Three Body Problem and Ancillary Justice in the mail! I've also read Dune, Blindsight and its sequel Echopraxia, most of Asimov's work including early shorts.

-- Vintage lenses!! Love em, they've become my go-to for photo and video. If you find something in a yard sale or a thrift shop or whatever send it my way!!

-- Shirt size S/M

-- A tie maybe? I lack ties.

-- Jeez this is actually kinda hard. I guess what's important that this is kind of a guideline and not like a "you *have* to get me this"

-- Oh, I don't really do physical storage any more, ie: blurays, DVDs and the like :sheepish:

-- Foodstuffs: something local? Something tasty? I have a sweettooth.

---Stuff I love to give you an idea of what my tastes are: Steven Universe, Overwatch, Stranger Things, music, BoJack Horseman, stuff that I haven't tried like ever before.

-- edit: Avatar: TLA/LOK stuff!! I got the Korra nendoroid earlier this year, haven't got any of the comics!!

Note from Perry: Package can be decorated on the outside, does NOT need to be stealthy!
Last edited by !saak on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Okay, so, uh, reposting I guess. Quick and dirty

1. Comic books, graphic novels, comic strip collections! Would love those. Especially biased towards humor comics.

Just a note that I already have all the "FoxTrot", "Phoebe and Her Unicorn", and "Pearls Before Swine" books, so you can skip those.

2. Art supplies! I go through them a lot. Would like cardstock (legal size 8.5x14 preferable), white outs, and Koh-I-Noor Ultradraw Rapidograph Ink.

3. Cartoons on DVDs! Old cartoons (Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Pink Panther) are my jam, especially, but if you think I might enjoy it, I'll take it. Newer cartoons I like include The Simpsons (I don't have seasons 4 to 8), Bob's Burgers, Venture Bros., and Rick and Morty.

4. Snacks! Local foods especially. I'll take almost anything with chocolate in it.

5. Pony comic books! The latest issue I have is #40 (for the main series) and #25 (for "Friends Forever"). Anything after that would be fine, whether as trade paperbacks or individual issues.

And, of course, feel free to surprise me! Maybe you can draw my characters (see links in sig), or maybe you see something you'd think I would like. Have fun with it! :party:

Note from Perry: Package does not need to be stealthy, you can decorate!
Last edited by Mr. Big on Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:00 pm

First I need to get the boring detail out of the way

I have coeliacs disease. If you send any food and drink please:

:sweetielarm: Make sure it's gluten free. :sweetielarm:
Then keep it in its original packaging with the ingredients list, so I can check myself.

Not being a hipster here. I will legitimately be ill if I eat gluten.

Ideas for gifts.

DECORATE THE HELL OUT OF MY BOX if possible.

If you're an artist or a crafts person I'd love a small piece of whatever it is you do. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece. For example, if you happen to work with leather, just a tiny embossed bookmark sized thing would be cool. If you draw, a sketch/doodle will be awesome.

If you're from outside of the UK, I'd love something that screams [YOUR COUNTRY] :jingo:

I'm a huge Steven Universe fan. Pearl and Lapis are my favourites by far.

Pony is good. I don't have much in the way of pony things. Applejack and Fluttershy are the best (and also otp)

My shirt size is what the UK calls a medium.

I had more ideas in the original thread so I'll edit this post as ideas arrive
👉👉🥜🏠

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Still in.

Shirts: I have a whole lot of shirts already, but I'm a UK L/XL (XL preferred for comfort).
Ponies: Decorate the box if you'd like, but I haven't watched the show in a while other than Discordant Harmony - favourite ponies are Fluttershy, Rarity, and Luna.

So, wishlist:

1. Something I can use - before I got my Pebble, I still used the watch Aramek bought me almost daily. It could be something technical, something to help when I'm travelling, or it could be something like a nice pair of long rainbow socks for the cold weather.
2. Collectables and memorabilia - I like old computers, Pokémon, Sonic stuff, Banjo-Kazooie, Undertale, Bowser, etc. Avoid the first set of Undertale merchandise from Fangamer, I already own that, and avoid any toys-to-life things as I own too many of those already.
3. Anything to do with my fursona would be rad - my ref sheet is here. I'm planning on heading to Confuzzled next year, so things like badges would be very nice! Or even just some generic furry stickers for my laptop, I need some more things for the back of there.

I'm sure I had something else in oldthread, but my memory has faded.

Note from Perry: Package does not need to be stealthy, you can decorate!

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Ah crap, let's see how much of my wishlist I can remember:

Shirt Size: Men's Large. If you get me a shirt, it can be as subtle or unsubtle as you like, but I much prefer shirts that have few to no words. I like it if a shirt tells a story with a picture rather than words.

Favorite Ponies: Octavia, duh. Rainbow Dash is my 2nd favorite and she has my favorite cutie mark. Other great ponies: Rarity, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Starlight Glimmer, Tempest Shadow

Specific Pony Stuff I Want: This Rainbow Dash Piggy Bank and this Twilight Sparkle 4de Plush (wings up version)

Specific Pony Stuff I DON'T Want: I already have way too many posters and prints, far too many to hang up. I also have plenty of pony glassware, mugs, flasks, and coasters. I already have the 4de plushes of Rainbow Dash and Rarity, a Fluttershy Build-A-Bear plush, as well as Funko Vinyls of Octavia and Scootaloo, and every McDonald's 4th gen pony toy ever made.

Non-Specific Pony Stuff I Want: Anything unique involving any of the ponies I listed under my favorites

Non-Pony Stuff I Want: Unique food from your area! Doesn't matter if it's super spicy, sweet, sour, salty, pickled, or whatever. I'll eat it. My favorite candy is chocolate-covered pretzels, so I do really enjoy the sweet + salty combo. A unique musical instrument would be really cool too. I'll try to learn to play it and there's a high likelihood I'll actually use it in a track that gets played on television. It's already happened before with other instruments I've bought on a whim, like a jaw harp, kazoo, kalimba and ukulele. Finally I've been learning to play hockey this year, so anything hockey related would be cool as well. My favorite team is the Chicago Blackhawks.

One Last Thing: DON'T FEEL OBLIGATED TO FOLLOW THIS LIST! Some of the best gifts I've ever received have been things I didn't ask for, so if you see something you'd think I'd like, go for it! Also, feel free to decorate the box with as much pony as you like!
Last edited by Octavia on Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:33 pm

WISHLIST:

Books are always nice.
Video game stuff also.
Foodstuff's a-okay!
Clothes. I'm a Large gurl I think
Socks!
Surprises!
Best pony is Fluttershy btw
Also anything Callie related. (From Splatoon.) Except the official amiibo cause I already have that. And the Marie one
Last edited by Princess Flufflebutt on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Of course the old forums were destroyed the day I found out I would be able to participate this year. :roll: Six years going strong, and here I was worried I wouldn't be able to join in the one time the organizer finally stuck around for a third go-around (GGWP Perry)!

I'll edit in a full list here later, once I have a bit more time to write one out, but here are a few quickies that are a-ok:

EDIT: Alright, back from vacation and have some time to get this finally updated. Here's some proper ideas for you, Secret Celestia, to use at your discretion! Note that I'm not all that picky, and can find enjoyment in a lot of things both inclusive to and exclusive from this list. Please do not feel beholden to this list. In fact, I'd rather you ignore it if you come across something nifty that wouldn't fall within these guidelines! I'm easy! (heyoooo)
  • Cartoons - As an early-cusp Millennial in his thirties, I have both a large penchant for nostalgia and an incredibly extended adolescence period. I'm not too hip for pre-1980's material, but if you find something cool that fits, I'm down for watching and enjoying it. If you're worried about potential overlap with my collection, you may ask for a list of what I own, or just follow a rule of thumb to [avoid 90's Nickelodeon] or [popular non-shounen anime] and you're pretty much safe.
  • Music - In general I have a broad taste in genres, but I do lean more towards classical, jazz, electronic/pop, and video game soundtracks. I'm certainly not worried about duplicate albums, since I have plenty of overlap between friends and family that I can always pass any copies on for them to enjoy restrictionless. This also goes for weird musical instruments you may come across, such as the otamatone that was gifted to me a few years ago. That shit is dope and amusing.
  • Food - I lust for flavor. Anything potentially odd, cool, humorous, or just plain tasty, I'm happy with. Bonus points for something exclusively local to your area.
  • When in doubt, Pinkie Pie.
  • When in double doubt, video game shit.
  • When in supreme desperation, men's Large.
Last edited by Vivianinatoga on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm alive and ready for Christmas! I think.....

First off, my gift philosophy. I'm not really a fan of "stuff", at least for the sake of having it be there. I like to get something that is meaningful and lasts a while, no matter what it is. To me, gift-giving is about sharing some little slice of joy from your life that I might not have yet, whether it's your artistic ability or your favorite band or your dope mixtape or your "silly" homemade ornament that we'll no doubt hang on our tree for the next 20 years. Especially don't feel obligated to get extra "filler" stuff because you haven't met the dollar amount yet. Seriously, don't worry about it :twasnothin:

Ponies are good too, I guess. :-P

With that, here's a rough list of things you can get me:

- If you have any artistic ability I love all kinds of art and would like anything. Like something I can put in my office to serve as a weird conversation starter with coworkers, like, I don't know, a poster with a flaming cow on it or something
- Something by your favorite band, any genre
- Evidence that you've done something nice for someone, not necessarily me (Idk what I'm picturing here but Christmas is about giving to everyone and not just me so go hog wild)
- The saltiest black death licorice you can find. Salty feet are great if you can find them (I'm being :serious: here), as are the "DZ" dubbelzout pieces.
- I have a 4 y/o daughter and almost 2 y/o son so little things for them might be nice. Blindbag ponies are always a safe bet.
- A copy of your favorite book

e: PS MAIL YOUR GIFT INSIDE A PONY-SHAPED BOX COVERED IN PONIES THAT MY CHILDREN CAN THEN RIDE AROUND PRETTY PLEASE?

P.P.S. I"M ALSO A HUGE FURRY AND ALSO A FAN OF KATIA MANAGAN AND RAINBOW DASH IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Last edited by Durandal on Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:12 pm

I'm super in, naturally!

Uh, I have to re-type all that stuff I wrote from memory, huh? I'll get on that.

1. Something that is local to you. Something that shows off your wonderful home. Coffee, candy, soda, beer, whatever you're known for and love to show off to the world.

2. Rarity is best main six. Starlight Glimmer is best non main six. I do not own any pony shirts believe it or not, so if you wanna really grind Aramek, now's your chance!

3. I love jazz. I love retrowave. I love Disco.

4. I love RPGs the most of all games. Board games too. You know of a board game that you love that nobody every talks about or plays, maybe I'd love it!

American men's shirt XL.
Last edited by Aramek on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:59 pm

I am in. See if I can remember what I wrote.

Gift Ideas in no particular order:

- :prettywings: is best pony. If you go clothing, XL shirt and pants. It would be for lounge wear. Mugs are good. If you're thinking toys this figure is nice.

- Teas and sweets are always nice. Especially if I get an oversees Secret Celestia

- Love Star Trek. Maybe something from the new Discovery show like a shirt, mug, or a pin.

- :party: Or just surprise me.

:awesomedash: Feel free to ponify the box.
Last edited by The Doctor on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:33 am

I wanna do this.

Scarves: I got some nice scarves in 2015, but last winter taught me that I don't have nearly enough. I need scarves! big cute ones.
Rubber stamps of animals: I stamp completed assignments in my classes (I'm a teacher). Some new stamps I could use would be awesome. I've used birds the last two years but would love to use river otters, goats, other cool animals to signify success in my classroom. Or more birds.
Books: I'm a history teacher, so books related to trans studies, women's studies or quirky cultural history are cool. Bear in mind that if you send a book, I won't have time to read it until July (at the earliest).
Food: New, local things are good if you live far away from me.
pendants are cool but out of the price range for this.

No pony stuff, no anime. No clothes other than scarves. I don't really play video games anymore, either. Don't need bath stuff. Sorry for not being fun.

Anything that is bird-related or has teal or turquoise in the color scheme is huge bonus points!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Dexanth
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dexanth (?) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:48 am

Yep I am still in!

- Sunhorse things. Etsy is your best bet there because anything official I want I already have, and Etsy is a treasure trove of cool & unique. Little things like figurines or shirts or whatever are fine!

- Hot sauces - Always an easy one. The hotter the better. Like, hottest in the world without being an extract kind of hot (Extracts aren't as fun because they tend to lack flavor compared to say a good Reaper hot sauce)

Of course, what would secret Celestia be without SOMETHING NEW?!

I have become Love Live obsessed. Like, it has re-awoken my inner Weeb. A lot! Kanan, Nozomi, Eli, and You are the top 4 here across the µ's and Aqours rosters, though you can't go wrong with Hanamaru, Rin, Maki, Hanayo, or Mari either! Or Chika or Honoka really.

But the top 4 are like the SSS tier and basically Love Live is the best. The one thing to avoid there are the music singles because, like, I already own them all! At least in iTunes form.

Mad Surge
Who put sparkles all around me?
Semper Pie

Post by Mad Surge (?) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:25 pm

Hey, I'm still in!

-Fantasy novels, especially Discworld, are extremely my jam! (Comics count too)

-I have an extensive Steam wishlist and a neverending thirst for videogames, search for madsurge0 if you don't have me for a friend :v:

-Local history and curiosities are always welcome, as well as local candy :-P

-I also second the love for Steven Universe! I'm not picky when it comes to characters, anything will do :allears:

And of course, surprises are welcome too!
Image Image Image

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:22 pm

Things I might like:
1. Academic-themed books: especially linguistics and math. Pretty much anything is fair game (a repeat of a math book gives me one to share), but please don't get me another copy of "In the Land of the Invented Languages", or comic artist science books (e.g. "Thing Explainer", "Soonish") or "The Math Book" by Pickover (that thing is too huge to have a duplicate of).
2. Japanese stuff: Anything in Japanese that's not anime or regular manga. I could always use something to practice with. I've heard good things about Tokyo Sonata and "Orange Days", but pretty much anything would be appreciated.
3. Local food: I like trying all sorts of food, so if you have something interesting that can survive the trip, I'll take it.
5. Surprises: Don't hesitate to send me something not on the above list. I like almost anything weird and unexpected.

Things I'd recommend staying away from:
1. Shirts: (though I'm a US Men's Large if that is relevant/you found a special shirt you'd like to get me anyway); I can't wear T-shirts at work and I basically have enough shirts/don't express myself through shirts.
2. Games: I have an unfathomably large backlog. I don't need another game, even if it's on my wishlist. That said, if there's a game that has particular meaning to you that you'd really like me to try, I'd make time to give it a shot.
3. Pony stuff: I'm behind on the show, and feel like I already have the main pony toys/whatever I might ever want.
4. Art: I actually really like art, especially modern stuff-you-find-on-tumblr art, but I have a fair amount of books of webcomics and other art, and I don't look at what I have enough, so if you send me art I might not appreciate it properly.
ImageImageImage Very math.

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Less doo dis. I’m in it to win it.

Numero 1 Love me some old cameras. I got tons of them already but if you know about old cameras too and you wanna try me, go for it. If you don't from old cameras then don't sweat it, I have plenty to keep me busy for a long time.

Secondly I love food. I don't have any food allergies or anything and I'm willing to try anything once. I especially like desserts and sweets.

Troisieme I dunno, weird, wacky, wonderful, unique? Gadgets, doodads, or even mysteries. I like being surprised. And confused. But don't send a cat, I am very allergic to cats.

Pone stuff is fine, I don't watch anime and I don't play video games. I am okay with just about anything else.
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:11 am

:allears: This is always so fun

Aatxe360
Custom Title
Applejack's Aces

Post by Aatxe360 (?) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:18 am

I participated a couple years back(forgot about last years until way too late to signup) and am glad I caught the sign-up this time. I did enjoy it then and I'm participating as a regular member this time. I guess I'll use other's posts as templates. Never been all that great at saying what I'd like, but I'll give it a shot.

Good and great things:
-Consumables, local specialties and the like. Even though globalization is a thing, there might be local flavors that have a niche there. Not necessarily chocolates, but maybe jerky or other not-as-perishable consumables.
-Comics are good(Neil Gaiman or ones with squick)
-Concerning ponies(Applejack, Twilight, Octavia and Luna are acceptable)
-Steam wishlist(I'm in the Round Stable group and it shouldn't be hard to find me if having trouble with options)
-Audiobooks(re: Dhamon Grimwulf), but I'm not sure how to gift them without giving the surprise away if that's a big deal to you.
-Anime(digital or physical)
-Surprises

Please don't:
-Not a big fan of clothes. I have plenty and have had too many holidays filled with clothes when I was a kid.
-Physical books.

I prefer a stealth box, but if you really want to decorate it, put it inside another box for stealth. I'd love a decorated box, BUT it would become a target to these people who call me family.
Last edited by Aatxe360 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToastGhost
Big adventure's waiting.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by ToastGhost (?) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:54 am

Yes. But also I'm busy with work. But that also means I can buy people things. I'll shoot an e-mail. :-)
ImageImageImage

Wooten
Semper Pie

Post by Wooten (?) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:30 am

I'm doin this!

I like:
Nerdy stuff
Technology (Factory sent me a raspberry pi in a nintendo controller last year and it was amazing.)
Books! (especially sci fi, I'm a huge fan of Neal Stephenson and Iain M Banks)
Books about nerdy stuff (history, programming (especially stuff about random python libraries), math)
Comics (especially single-run one-off stuff about original characters)
PONIES (my house is filled with tiny colorful horses, it's okay to send me some more.)
Video games and video game accessories (just on PC and 3DS though)
Foods (I like to try things, especially weird asian things)
Funny stuff (gag gifts are fun)
Clothes are fine, I'm a 2XL mens t-shirt, and I have worn pony shirts for years (so you know I don't have much shame).

Yay!

Big Boss
A tourist trap that can surpass Mystery Shack?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:26 am

Hello forums. I have a nice list of ideas here for you.
  • Local food things. This means stuff that's special to where you're from or homemade things.
  • Plane stuff. I love things that are plane themed.
  • Fan stuff - I love Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Sailor Moon (specifically Jupiter), Star Vs., etc.
  • Video games - Vidyas are great, I have Steam and a PS4.
  • Camera stuff - like small accessories or books or doodads for cameras/photography. My camera is a Sony A-mount (a99ii).
Please do not send t-shirts or pony stuff. Other than that, I'm up for pretty much anything interesting.

Yolostar
Chief Executive Lackey

Post by Yolostar (?) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:51 am

I'm signing up! I'll whip up a list while I'm at work later today.

Okay here it is!

1: Local snacks or candy. Sweet or salty, crunchy or chewy I do not care! I have no food allergies and I'm willing to try most anything. Just so long as you can only get it where you are!

2: Catch-all pony option. I like things with cutie marks on them. I'm looking for mugs, hand towels, coasters, shirts, hoodies, and earmuffs. Plain color with a cutie mark is ideal. Shirt size is M, hoodie size is L. Please no scarves I have many of those. Best ponies are princesses plus Fluttershy, Rarity, and Starlight Glimmer (I already have a Rarity T-shirt).

3: Luxury bath products. I love sugar scrub, homemade/craft soap, nice bubble bath, and other such fancy things. No preferences on scents so surprise me!

4: Creative catch-all. Do you create things as a hobby? Send me something you've made!

Getting a decorated box is really fun so slap some horse on there. Surprises are exciting so don't hesitate to get me something fun even if it isn't exactly on this list!
Last edited by Yolostar on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Post by drunkill (?) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:26 pm

I'd prefer not to get anything pony related unless it is a very, very subtle ponyshirt (I own pie family rock farms shirt already) or some of the comics that have come out in the past year.
If you're in Europe, send me dutch licorice please. I love the stuff and we really only get double and triple salt, coins and medium diamonds. Some 'exotic' stuff would be great.

I like starwars and space stuff, although I think I now have enough spacex, nasa and blue origin space shirts, pants and hats that I won't bother requesting any more.

Something from your local area, although nothing wooden or plant based which probably won't make it past customs.

Shirts: Aus XL, USA L.

Gloomy Rube
I want you to be like a hamster please
Celestia's Champions

Re: [Signups close today!] Secret Celestia 7 - Christmas is Minty-Proof!

Post by Gloomy Rube (?) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:47 pm

Here's mine!

-Nothing mature or r rated or gross please!

-The newest console I own is a wii-u, so unless you want to get me a console, please limit games to that, 3ds games, or pc games. I'm most into RPGs, especially JRPGs, but most cute games or games with friendship or happy times are good, and I am very anime. I have steam if that's easier!

-Plushies are good, the cuter the better, especially ghosts or spiders or whatever.

-Celestia is the bestia so any Celestia merch is decent and good

-I don't have a working DVD player so no videos please! I also would prefer not to have any music.

-Card games are good! I like fun anime card games like buddyfight and vanguard.

-I'm fine with any food items but nothing with cheese please!!

Also I wear Ls in shirts but I can wear smalls too, I just like wearing big clothing :-I
Last edited by Gloomy Rube on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:36 pm

All right, I'll get in at the very last minute. Again :wat:

Stuff that'd be cool for me:
  • Pony things—Basically all the pony-related things I'd spend money on are either things I already have digitally or are trips to BronyCon. The latter is a little bit out of the price range of Secret Celestia and the former... as much as I love the show, I really don't want or need any merch of it, so don't bother there. But if you're any sort of an artist at all, if you made a drawing of my OC then I'd dearly love that.
  • Video game things—The few games I have on my wishlist are again out of the price range, and also I'd likely play Splatoon 2 instead of them. :-I Good thing the squid game has some accessories you could get! I own absolutely no amiibos for Splatoon (any of them will work, even those originally released for the first game on the Wii U) so those'd be good. What'd be totally rad is if you could find a copy of Splatune, the OST album; I've heard that toward the end of this month, Splatune 2 (the second game's OST) will be released in Japan, but again either one would be something I'd love. (Psst, if you're international and you'd get screwed by shipping or customs, this is something that'd be good to get me off of Amazon or similar!)
  • Edible things—I'm always down for local food or drink, or even something you made yourself. I have no food allergies or other dietary conditions, so don't worry in that regard.
  • Sports things—If you pay attention to hockey, you probably know how I care about the Nashville Predators. Any stuff of theirs would be nice.
  • Other various geeky things—You can always surprise me, especially if it's something about computers! Really!
In all this, just don't get me clothing (my shirts are all plain and drab and I like it that way, and it's virtually impossible to find a hat that fits my gigantic head), and please send it to me in a plain box.

Musings

Post by Musings (?) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:07 pm

Alrighty, time for my second round on this! :allears: :party: :gotcha:

My list is mostly the same as last year. The suggestions below for myself probably seem a bit specific, but honestly, I'll likely be happy with anything... especially the fact that someone made an effort! :3

General Interests: Video games and the games industry; ponies, Steven Universe, and quality animation in general; movies; live-action/animated shows with mature writing (e.g. Better Call Saul/Bojack Horseman have been recent favs); A/V technology and computing; Very Specifically the Japanese Version of the Dragonball Franchise (I have all of the yellow DBoxes! You should probably stay away from this one unless you're familiar with Shunsuke Kikuchi).

Pony Stuff: Despite the fact that I still keep my interest in pony mostly a secret IRL, I'm happy to receive any pony stuff, especially the more show-accurate things! That said, I should mention I already have the main decks from the CCG, and that there's not really any definitive release of home media for the show, so maybe lean towards other stuff like art originals, figures, plushies or the comics. My favourite ponies are the Mane 6 (especially Rarity), Sunset Shimmer, all the Princesses (especially Luna), the CMC, Cheerilee, Octavia and Vinyl... well, most of them!

Plushies: I love plushies so much that I tried (and failed) to learn how to sew! My Toriel and Bak'laag guard my bed. Sadly, I don't actually have that many pony plushies (a decent medium Famosa Rarity; a Build-a-Bear Spike; and an earlier, pretty off-model official Rainbow Dash), but I've been tempted by those more show-accurate, knock-off KuuruPop plushies, or those awesome 4DE plushies!

Art: If you're an arty type, I love one-of-a-kind art originals of anything related to my general interests above, especially if they're physical and I can frame them! That said, I am starting to run out of wall space here for prints (I was naughty and recently purchased some Andy Price pony prints, and I alreadt have a few SophieCabra and kenket originals on my wall). If you're crafty, I love home-made stuff!

Shirts/Sweaters: I'm a sucker for a good jumper/sweatshirt or hoodie, particularly if it's related to games or geeky things! I'm shirt size: Men's UK Large.

Food/snacks: I'm a foodie fusspot, so I'm not big on strong flavours, and I'm not good with nuts. That said, I do have a bit of a sweet tooth, especially for decent chocolate or gummies!

Toys/figures/statues: I have a few Dragonball and pony figures/statues (some SH Figuarts and WeLoveFine stuff), but I wouldn't say no to more, especially any decently sculpted figures or posable video game characters, like the Figma stuff!

Video Games: There's a mass of stuff on my wishlists below for modern systems! As for retro, I kind of grew up with a lot of piracy, so I don't have too many legit carts/floppies/tapes/etc. I've started building a small collection of carts for the NES/SNES/N64/Genesis/etc. (which Smoke made an amazing contribution to last year), but I'd definitely give a good home to any other NTSC (preferably) or PAL carts you have.

Some Wishlists:

You don't have to get me anything off of these, obviously! But it might have some ideas I haven't made clear!
  • Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
  • Amazon.com Wishlist (Though pleeeease use the "AmazonGlobal Shipping Programme" for shipping to my UK address from USA, as it will effectively make it a UK parcel when it gets here and avoid veeery expensive customs/handling fees!)
  • Steam Wishlist
Thanks for looking! Everyone have a great time! :D

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Alright, high time to close this and see who gets who. Gonna get working on those lists ASAP! Watch your email inboxes!

PS: You can still edit your wishlists, but do it soon.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Re: [SIGNUP CLOSED!] Secret Celestia 7 - Christmas is Minty-Proof!

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:48 pm

Quick update - Not been feeling super great, so I've been slower on this than I wanted, but the list should be done tomorrow/today (depending on your timezone and whatnot) if all works out.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Re: [SIGNUP CLOSED!] Secret Celestia 7 - Christmas is Minty-Proof!

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:56 am

Soon as I get money I'll send an address!

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Re: [ASSIGNMENTS GO!] Secret Celestia 7 - Christmas is Minty-Proof!

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:35 pm

:sweetielarm: You should now be getting emails with your assigned santees! :sweetielarm:

Exciting!! Let me know via PM or email if you have any questions.

Also, Super Secret Santa assignments come a bit later.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:30 pm

And right, please let me know via PM or email that you've received the email safe and sound and everything is clear. This helps me immensely, thank you!

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Big Boss
A tourist trap that can surpass Mystery Shack?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:20 pm

My santee will be a very happy recipient this year. :scheming:

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:49 pm

There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Aatxe360
Custom Title
Applejack's Aces

Post by Aatxe360 (?) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:16 am

The tinyurl link in the email didn't work, but you gave me a name and I do know how to read. I will not fail! :jingo:

!saak
🎜 joie de vivre 🎜
Semper Pie

Post by !saak (?) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:54 am

:amazing:

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:00 am

I received my email and will do my best in making a gift.