Secret Celestia 7 - Christmas is Minty-Proof!

Where only the shiniest threads are preserved for all to see.
Aatxe360
Custom Title
Applejack's Aces

Re: Secret Celestia 7 - Christmas is Minty-Proof!

Post by Aatxe360 (?) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:32 pm

So...last Thanksgiving one of the people checking up on me quit and the last resort backup person is still recovering from heart surgery. No way to open the mailbox here at the house or get to the post office(not even on a bus stop) to check to see if anything has come in. Just letting my Santa know.

Santee: Because of the inability of having access to a post office, mailing a package has been found to be costly prohibitive and I apologize for that. I've had to resort to less personal means and come up with digital stuffs.

I went and had a surprise Christmas Eve with my cousin in town and just now returned to my house.

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Taking a quick break from the the day's craziness to post real quick.
Secret Celest gifts adorned with graven images of magical horses clutter my living room floor, along with a stately envelope bearing upon its face an inscrutable, cryptic riddle. It seems like the largest of these parcels is the logical place to begin defeating the mysteries contained here.

A box, wrapped in shiny reflective gold paper with a label embossed with reflective gold lettering wreaks havoc with my phone's camera's metering algorithms. The label suggests that it, and perhaps the contents of the package too, were produced by the proprietorship of Margie's Candies, which is apparently a candies shop belonging to the titular Margie, with whom I've never conversed. The label also suggests it may have originated from Chicago, an ancient city I visited once during a job I didn't particularly enjoy. The city was full of buildings, most of which I did not enter, so I cannot give a detailed description of the insides of those buildings.

The inside of the shiny parcel is another matter entirely. I surgically removed the wrapping around the box and opened it up and it revealed various chocolate morsels with other flavors presumably included, which I initially mistook for the droppings of the dreaded Megalop, a giant bunny that haunted a dream in my childhood and exists nowhere else. The flavors of these morsels range from "Extremely sugary and sweet" to "the sweetest, most sugariest goddamn anything I have ever consumed, even beating out a teaspoon of pure aspartame that I tasted on a dare." I tried only 3 and immediately fell into a diabetic coma. When I regained consciousness, my socks were missing.

I proceeded to open another sacred vessel, this time hoping to find a vial of insulin. No luck. Instead, I found a box with the image of a camera lens and the message "MANGO SPOT." More riddles. I tore into the box and was both mystified and horrified by what I found.

A coffee mug resembling a camera lens, a Canon camera lens no less, but no sign yet of the MANGO SPOT. I gave up the search a short while later, settling with just enjoying my new coffee containment device.

This spoon was also included with the mug. No MANGO SPOT here either.

In the final package I was treated to a delightful new (old) camera. The venerable Kodak Instamatic X35, a gorgeous example in great condition at that.

To give you an idea of how old this camera is and how long it's been sitting, the battery is size PX30 made by P.R. Mallory & Co. Mallory was the producer of multiple electronic and electrical components including the Duracell brand of alkaline batteries. Eventually they sold off the majority of their manufacturing to other companies and renamed the company Duracell and focused on producing the alkaline batteries. They changed their name from Mallory to Duracell in 1978, so this camera has been sitting patiently for quite a long time. Very little leakage too, very promising.

The camera itself, the Instamatic X35, was first produced in 1970 until around 1972 when it was updated with one or two new features and released as a new model. It used Kodak 126 film cartridges, which are difficult but not impossible to find these days. The 126 cartridge contained a short roll of film very similar to 35mm, containing 12 exposures. While cameras using 35mm film could take 24-36 photos on a roll, the 126 was popular for its lower cost and ease of use. The X35's listed price was $48 in 1970 ($313 in today dollars) but was usually sold in stores for around $45 (as low as $38 in one catalog I saw).

The legacy of the Instamatic cameras can be found in modern day camera apps, lending parts of its name and lack of high fidelity to Hipstamatic and Instagram.

Later, I opened the envelope and found within it a communique, possibly from the future, describing the parcels and the history of Margie's candies and other things. Somehow within 5 minutes of opening the envelope, I managed to lose the letter, so I don't have a picture of it. I'll probably find it later but its possible the advanced super-AI from the future recalled the paper back with its transtemporal transporter.

Based on clues from the letter, originating from Chicago, I conclude my secret santa was none other than Zal'romb, the benevolent reptilian lizard alien currently hibernating within the famously misidentified "Butt Gate" or "bean" statue in Chicago.
So, thank you so much Zal'romb, I will never forget you, and one day I hope to help free you from your metallic bean-shaped prison.
Last edited by Dong Strongly on Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

Musings

Post by Musings (?) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:14 pm

First of all, to my American Santee (Celestiee?): I'm very sorry that your box of silly gifts hasn't arrived! :fluttersmith: The international courier I use recently changed some of their export rules without notifying me, so they brought back the package due to new restrictions. I sent it out again last week via a faster courier, but it obviously didn't make Xmas. On the plus side, the tracking info is telling me that it's already in the USA, and I'm hopeful that it might make it before the New Year!

On to my own Secret Celestia!

Just after midnight GMT (my timezone), I received two e-mails informing me I'd been gifted two of the games on my Steam wishlist: the beautiful (though sombre) cartography Metroidvania, Hollow Knight; and the probably-too-real "millennial adventure game", A Night in the Woods. I've been super interested to try both of these (I'm especially curious in the latter's treatment of themes of mental health and getting older), so this is fantastic!

Additionally, my Celestia made me a sketch! :yay: :-D Below the cut, it's BUCK's hard-working tech pony, my OC Pat Tester!
A big thank you to my Secret Celestia, MadSurge! :jingo: :socks:

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:15 pm

I want to apologize to my Celestiaee. I ordered something late and it only got here last week. It should be delivered to you tomorrow. :fluttersmith:

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:19 pm

I am also in the bad Santa pile. Sorry. :C
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:36 pm

I was hoping my present wouldn't be delayed in the mail this year but it came just in time, and with this lovingly drawn Maud on the front

:maud: Pinkie had this portrait of me done on my birthday. It really captures my happy side

"What do you think is inside?"
"I think there's a pony inside"
"Why do you think that?"
"Because it's heavy as a pony and has a drawing on the front"
The main bulk of the package was, unsurprisingly, exactly what I ask for every year. Sounds like someone called 1-800-LICORICE

The brown coins are unlike any licorice I've had before - sweet and salty and not too strong. The dubbelzout is FANTASTIC and so chewy! 50 POINTS TO GRIFFINDOR

The children were less than enthused

There was also this card, which is a reference to the only thread I've made in the new forums

But wait! At the bottom of the envelope was this USB drive, which I have conveniently also needed a new one of! "PONY" brand, even

TIME TO ENTER THE DIGITAL WORLD :ponynet:
Card.pdf wrote:It’s me again! All of my books are boring pedagogical books and
I have no artistic ability, so as per your request, enjoy the enclosed
things, along with a highly-recommended podcast and (courtesy of
me and my partner), a playlist of songs chosen by our favorite
musicians.
Have a Merry (and Minty) Christmas!
birdsongs.txt wrote:Note: The folder labeled Birdsongs does not contain actual bird songs, nor are many of the songs about birds. It is primarily populated by songs which I listen to when I am thinking of birds or looking at birds, which is very often.
Righteous! I am immediately diggin' Chromeo and Poets of the Fall

There is also a podcast called "History of Pigeons" here too which I will listen to on my way to the airport tonight.

Thank you for everything Corpy! (and I assume Wulfe helped too so thank you!)
Last edited by Durandal on Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:10 pm

I got a box from someone on Saturday night.

Inside was a kind letter talking about math and fudge:
and a nice math book that wasn't on my radar:
and good fudge (in a "Merry Christmas" tin) that tastes real good:

Thank you, whoever you are!
ImageImageImage Very math.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:13 pm

Dong Strongly wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:54 pm
So, thank you so much Zal'romb, I will never forget you, and one day I hope to help free you from your metallic bean-shaped prison.
Glad you like it! :yay:

I unfortunately got rid of the text of my letter as well, so I can't repost it here, but it was basically just an explanation of all the gifts. I'm pretty sure that old camera belonged to my grandfather, and I'm glad it's with someone who will appreciate it now rather than sitting in a box with a dozen other boxes on top of it in my mother's basement.

Happy Holidays! :shenanigans:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:07 am

Octavia wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:13 pm
Glad you like it! :yay:

I unfortunately got rid of the text of my letter as well, so I can't repost it here, but it was basically just an explanation of all the gifts. I'm pretty sure that old camera belonged to my grandfather, and I'm glad it's with someone who will appreciate it now rather than sitting in a box with a dozen other boxes on top of it in my mother's basement.

Happy Holidays! :shenanigans:
Honestly I set it down for not even like 5 minutes and poof, it disappeared. Perhaps the paper never existed, and the boxes were filled with hallucinogens and it made me think there was. Thank you for sharing your drugs with me by surprise.

Another note about the camera, I never find cameras with wrist straps. The wrist straps are incredibly cheaply made and typically they don't last for a couple years, let alone 45. Congratulate your forebears for me, they took great care of this camera.

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:17 pm

Put me on the bad Santee list. Yesterday was crazy, so I didn't get a chance to unbox my secret Santa until today!
Quite the package! Let's start with that little scroll...
"The four of us?" :squintyjack:
I wonder what's in this oddly-shaped present? Let's find out!
It's a giant Woona!
Let's open this bag next...
Welp, that's four princesses! What else is in here?
:qaugh:
This thing is really heavy, so I saved it for last.
That's a huge box of cookies!
Thanks so much to my not-so-Secret Santa, theGECK! I really appreciate the gifts, and the scroll was adorable. Thanks for making my Christmas a little merrier. I hope you had a good one, too.

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:31 pm

I received a biiiiiig box filled with smaller boxes. This was a production. This was choreographed and edited.

I broke out my DIY photobooth for it.
Starting right out were four envelopes. Each was marked as corresponding to particular packages.

Envelope 0, the inciting incident

Rarity is missing! Twilight ventures forth into Ponyville to find her!

Twilight first encounters Applejack, Applebloom, and Pinkie Pie. Rarity had given Pinkie a... mysterious book!

:awesomedash: Hot diggity daffodil!

But what is package 1b?

It's a little big for my photobooth...

Under the wrapping, we have...

:-I

Oh! That's not lithium batteries at all!

It's AJ, AB, and PP!

Just like the letter said... :wat:

Well, let's see letter 2...

Twilight and Spike ran into Pinkie Pie again, this time with Rainbow Dash, and Twilight is discovering that her search for Rarity might be more excitement than she bargained for.

My photobooth is way too small for these. :-I Well, let's open it...

Ah, yes, good.

Scootaloo juice.

Well let's crack'er open and-

Oh shit it's Fat Angry Rainbow Dash.

And.... FAT ANGRY PINKIE PIE? :amazing:

But what did they have with them?

:ponder: Hmm. That could come in handy...

But wait! Drama!

T-Spizz has been captured in a bag!

A very festive bag!

... Full of candy!!!

:twonk:

:plonk:

At least Twilight has her safety helmet.

--

This was such an elaborate package. So much thought and care went into this, I can hardly even comprehend it.

Even the packing material was pages from a recent issue of a newsmagazine.

:party: Thank you, TheGeck! But... it ends on a cliffhanger? :twonk: Will they escape the bag and find Rarity?!
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Dexanth
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dexanth (?) » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:45 pm

I would like to confirm I have my package and it is awesome and I am feeling dead and will delay posting till I feel less dead so apologies to Celestia!

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:46 pm

There's a BOX in a POST OFFICE but I'm out of town so I'll have to unpack it when I get back.

Gloomy Rube
I want you to be like a hamster please
Celestia's Champions

Post by Gloomy Rube (?) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Factory Factory wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:31 pm
This was such an elaborate package. So much thought and care went into this, I can hardly even comprehend it.

Even the packing material was pages from a recent issue of a newsmagazine.

OH! I didn't have it anymore, but Durandal's package also used a local paper or ad or something as wrapping, and I thought that was neat too!!
ImageImageImageImage

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Gloomy Rube wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 pm
OH! I didn't have it anymore, but Durandal's package also used a local paper or ad or something as wrapping, and I thought that was neat too!!
Same with mine! As shown in the picture on my post, my cat appreciated it very much

Dexanth
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dexanth (?) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:38 pm

Okay time for a post!

So my package arrived a while ago! I knew it was Secret Celestia because it was addressed to Dexanth :-I

The box had a lot of tape on it, but okay, maybe person wanted to keep it safe, so fine!

Then I opened it.

It might be hard to see from here but basically this gift was covered in tape. Like, I don't think there was any surface area not covered in tape. It took a while to open, and when I did...

Hello this appears to be booze??

Wait that is not booze!

It is PRESENTS :-D

...And tape. You can see the tape this time. So. Much. Tape. :twonk:

AFTER SPENDING A WHILE extracting gifts from tape, there were 2 wonderful bottles of hot sauce!! (Not pictured because I forgot to take pictures of them but they are from Pepper Palace which does make some good ones, as one is a Ghost Pepper/Habanero blend and the other has Carolina Reapers which is wonderful :anticipation:

But, but, that left one package.

Hello what is this it appears to be Love Live I already love you Celestia without even knowing exactly what it is!

The answer was a ton of Love Live smol Blind Bags!

That is the entire Sunshine cast except You, because Dia decided she wanted to visit twice. (This is a running theme with me + LL products that have any kind of surprise to them so I find it hilarious)

And it is AWESOME and wonderful and thank you so much because they are adoooorable! Actually I kind of want to know where you found them so I can track down You (That's her name, for those who don't know!) and add her to complete the group because Chika cannot be left lonely.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Dragoness
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dragoness (?) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:00 pm

Heh, Dex, looks like you and I shared a santa with the tape covering every surface.
ImageImageImage

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:25 pm

What's this?! Another package has arrived!
Awww. Not gonna lie, this got me a little choked up :-I
Nothing bad has ever come in a container that shape.
Aromatherapy lotions. I'm gonna put this on right now.
But wait, there's more!
[IMAGE MISSING]
(I forgot to take a photo with the wrapping intact. You can gauge my excitement.)
Socks! I'm gonna put these on right now, too.
If my Secret Celestia wanted themself known, I must have missed your note. But thank you, whoever you are!

Obligatory:

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Dexanth wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:38 pm
werdz an pichurz
Dragoness wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:28 am
also wirds hand pitchers
Okay so I thought I put cards in there explaining what each thing was but apparently I did not. Also one of you changed your name so I didn't realize you posted. I also don't have the cards here, that I know of, so that's more disappearing paper for me?

ANYWAY

Dragoness:
The smaller package was indeed not chicken sandwich, but instead quartz with significant black tourmaline inclusions as well as small amounts of opalescence if you look at it just right. Don't bother tasting it, it tastes like nothing (I cleaned it thoroughly after tasting, don't worry).

The flight cap is not quite WW2, though it is a Soviet winter weight flying helmet from the 1970s. It's about 35% restored and if I had a couple more months I could get it to 85%. I actually purchased it while I was deployed to Kyrgyzstan and it's been in my collection since about 2009-10 so maybe there's no excuse for it not being in better condition. Hmmm. It's perfectly safe to handle and wear although a bit musty. Store it in a dry place when you're not playing with or admiring it and limit exposure to sunlight (really just don't leave it somewhere that the sun is going to be shining right on the leather)
Dexanth:
The hot sauces I picked I felt represented two ends of the same spectrum; on one side, powerful smokey and spicy flavors and the other, mellow and sweet. A friend of mine dragged me to the mall down in Nashville where serendipity brought me to the Pepper Palace (I had no idea that stores like it existed before).

As for the blind bag toys, I had to scour multiple sources to get a hold of those for a reasonable price. Actually, first, I had to figure out what the hell Love Live was and what to look for. Anyway, I tracked down a wholesaler for an importer and cajoled the guy into letting go of the box in exchange for a favor from a friend. That friend immediately burned that bridge by screwing up the favor comprehensively and I'm trying to make it up to the guy but I probably wouldn't ask him for another one of those right now. I'll try and help you find what you're looking for but it means starting the search from scratch. Not that I'm not up to the challenge, I think I did pretty well considering I still don't know what Love Live is exactly.
I'm glad you both enjoyed the tape, the feeling of accomplishment from getting past the lots and lots tape was the real gift. :-D

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Gloomy Rube wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 pm
I... actually, I was going to say something regarding packaging, but I realized that saying anything one way or the other would be a clue as to which gift was mine. :smirk:

Dexanth
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dexanth (?) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Dong Strongly wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:13 pm
Okay so I thought I put cards in there explaining what each thing was but apparently I did not. Also one of you changed your name so I didn't realize you posted. I also don't have the cards here, that I know of, so that's more disappearing paper for me?

ANYWAY

Dragoness:
The smaller package was indeed not chicken sandwich, but instead quartz with significant black tourmaline inclusions as well as small amounts of opalescence if you look at it just right. Don't bother tasting it, it tastes like nothing (I cleaned it thoroughly after tasting, don't worry).

The flight cap is not quite WW2, though it is a Soviet winter weight flying helmet from the 1970s. It's about 35% restored and if I had a couple more months I could get it to 85%. I actually purchased it while I was deployed to Kyrgyzstan and it's been in my collection since about 2009-10 so maybe there's no excuse for it not being in better condition. Hmmm. It's perfectly safe to handle and wear although a bit musty. Store it in a dry place when you're not playing with or admiring it and limit exposure to sunlight (really just don't leave it somewhere that the sun is going to be shining right on the leather)
Dexanth:
The hot sauces I picked I felt represented two ends of the same spectrum; on one side, powerful smokey and spicy flavors and the other, mellow and sweet. A friend of mine dragged me to the mall down in Nashville where serendipity brought me to the Pepper Palace (I had no idea that stores like it existed before).

As for the blind bag toys, I had to scour multiple sources to get a hold of those for a reasonable price. Actually, first, I had to figure out what the hell Love Live was and what to look for. Anyway, I tracked down a wholesaler for an importer and cajoled the guy into letting go of the box in exchange for a favor from a friend. That friend immediately burned that bridge by screwing up the favor comprehensively and I'm trying to make it up to the guy but I probably wouldn't ask him for another one of those right now. I'll try and help you find what you're looking for but it means starting the search from scratch. Not that I'm not up to the challenge, I think I did pretty well considering I still don't know what Love Live is exactly.
I'm glad you both enjoyed the tape, the feeling of accomplishment from getting past the lots and lots tape was the real gift. :-D
Haha, I love you for that bit about the tape.

And if you aren't sure I have people I can talk to who can figure it out. As soon as I know what to search for I can find it (Someone will be reselling singles, I am sure) and grab You from there. Thank you that was mad awesome and thoughtful :-D

Dragoness
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dragoness (?) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:27 pm

Dong Strongly wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:13 pm
Also one of you changed your name so I didn't realize you posted.
*shrug* I mean my name was the same back when I signed up for this before the forums went down I'm pretty sure :pinkieshrug:
... as well as small amounts of opalescence if you look at it just right.
ooh now that you mention it I do see those. This is such a wonderful crystal :3
Soviet winter weight flying helmet from the 1970s.
Huh, I wasn't far off. I guessed late 60's, since it looked too... well, modernish... to be a WWII. I'm rather fond of the fact that it has the lil parts to stick a headset to sticking out. Considering how chilly I've been lately it'll probbly get a lil bit of use this winter. Thanks a bunch, I'll take good care of it

Also I just had to google Kyrgyzstan and will fully admit that's a portion of the globe I don't know much about.
ImageImageImage

theGECK
People don't "become an adult", they just get too old to be called a kid
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by theGECK (?) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:47 pm

:twonk: Christmas presents!

I've been trying not to open the package since I got it and Christmas finally came and I finally got to open it!

Normally I'm really good at not opening my presents, but horrible at asking everybody to open theirs every other day.

My secret celestia did not give me a name, so I can't thank you personally. But thank you whoever you are! They did include this very nice note though. "Happy Secret Celestia from your favorite gifter! In this box are items guaranteed to make you more fabulous as well as more knowledgable!"knowledgeable

The first gift was taped into that mailer you see in the first picture (which I have now put with my office supplies to reuse, thank you very much for the secret present!) and inside is best horse just horsing around, being herself.

She can't hide it, she has to let her fabulosity shine! It is actually really bright, so I left it on the red setting while I had it setup. Not sure where it's going to go, but I want to find a place to keep it setup :)

And then there was a very rectangular package, which contained something amazing that I've only started tearing into:

Steven Universe is one of my all time favorite cartoons. Any cartoon that can have high quality animation, an interesting world, and that also can incorporate an age appropriate arc demonstrating consent and the problems that not seeking it causes gets a thumbs up from me! I love concept art of all things as well, even if I don't like the property, so this is so much fun. I only got 14 pages in last night because I was flipping and looking at pictures and then going "No! I can't read it yet because I'm not there in the book!"

Thank you so much Secret Celestia! These gifts are amazing.

Mad Surge
Who put sparkles all around me?
Semper Pie

Post by Mad Surge (?) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:22 am

Unfortunately nothing showed up yet :fluttersmith: but I'm glad Musings loved his presents :flutterunsmith:
Image Image Image

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:34 am

Nothing's shown up for me yet either, but that happened a couple years ago and I ended up eventually getting an amazing gift from Isaak. :allears:

Adiwan
Patreon supporter

Post by Adiwan (?) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:42 am

Aw man. I missed out on real good presents. Due to a job change, and the temporary and severe forum blackout, I wasn't certain to partake in this jolly activity. Next time for sure.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Side note: I just got a $45 bill from FedEx for duty and inspection fees. When sending packages internationally, please remember to declare the package as a gift to avoid dinging your Santee.

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Speaking of horrific shipping prices, thanks IWF for not telling! :negative:

===

Sorry about the late photos, but I managed to get my package back on Tuesday.

S'a big box.

Box get cut!

Oh boy!

NO IDEA WHO THIS COULD BE FROM!

I got a butt scratcher!

Some Nintendo swag!

A pile of local Colorado beers!

I'll "review" each of them in our beer thread!

And, most importantly, MY FIRST PONY SHIRT!

Thank you so much Doc! :-D
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

The Doctor
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:24 pm

I hope the beer is good. I don’t drink, but Colorado has a reputation for good local brews, and I got some recommendations from folks at the store.

:party: glad you liked it. Enjoy.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:45 pm

Is it legal to ship beer across state lines? :squintyjack:

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:31 pm

From what I saw, the USPS doesn't allow alcohol shipments at all. UPS and FedEx generally only seem to allow it direct from breweries/wineries to customers.

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:38 pm

A ziplock bag arrived!

Inside the larger package:
:awesomedash: eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And inside the smaller one:
:socks:

Thanks, Yolostar!

The Doctor
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:59 pm

Fizzbuzz wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:31 pm
From what I saw, the USPS doesn't allow alcohol shipments at all. UPS and FedEx generally only seem to allow it direct from breweries/wineries to customers.
I gave a 6 pack sampler last year for a Secret Celestia gift also. I did not know that.

:party: Congratulations on being an accomplice, Aramek!

:ponder: Kind of surprised there's no allowance for small quantities sent as a gift.

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:09 pm

You are not allowed to mail beer. But for domestic mail, they don't ask you.

But, when I mailed beer to Pingcode?

I had to lie on the customs form. Committing mail fraud.
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:32 pm

I got cider in my gift last year, so yeah, I'm sure there's plenty of alcoholic beverages that get handled by the USPS without them knowing. But technically, it's not allowed.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:43 pm

Aramek wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:09 pm
You are not allowed to mail beer. But for domestic mail, they don't ask you.

But, when I mailed beer to Pingcode?

I had to lie on the customs form. Committing mail fraud.
The things we do for ponies

Mad Surge
Who put sparkles all around me?
Semper Pie

Post by Mad Surge (?) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:14 am

It's a good day to receive packages! :-D And what a good haul it is:

-Wyrd Sisters and Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett :bookmobile:
-A box of Wockenfuss chocolate
-three Steven Universe blindbags (which resulted in Steven and the Stevens!)
-a Lapis Funko Pop! :allears:

The box in more detail...

...and Lapis, free from her prison and already claiming rule over the books!

Thank you so much for the thought, Diribigal!
Image Image Image

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:33 am

Yay Christmas is still happening!

Aatxe360
Custom Title
Applejack's Aces

Post by Aatxe360 (?) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am

Should be able to have help getting to the post today and seeing what arrived. Will post pics.

Call of Duty Ghosts
The Artist Formerly Known as Prince Pseudonym :v:

Post by Call of Duty Ghosts (?) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:49 am

Whoops, sorry for taking so long to post. :modesty: I got two things:
  • An iNNEXT USB N64 controller
  • PS2 Network Adapter
Now I can play GoldenEye on the PC again, and I'm that much closer to getting my PS2 able to play homebrew and modded PS2 games. :yay:
We're working on bringing your friends back. :spoiler: