PYF game design/history essay videos

Ooh, I love fun things! (Games, both video and traditional, discussion. looser posting styles allowed)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Re: PYF game design/history essay videos

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:25 am

ImageImage Image Image

;) ❤️ :twasnothin: ❤️ :fancyhat:

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:57 am

Now something different:

This is the video that got me to unsubscribe from Raycevick. Why?

He's correct. Kinda. Sorta. His entire argument is poorly constructed and he's looking at it from only his own heavily biased perspective. He focuses primarely on multiplayer as his only gameplay, despite bringing them up he largely ignores arcade racing games and justifies that he keeps buying and playing bad games by claiming there aren't any alternatives and that he's desperate.

Racing games are in a slump. But so are sports games, flight sims and a lot of others.

And it's not because of "realism" or whatever he comes up in the video, it's because the devs whether intentionally or not chased away anyone who wasn't a hardcore delusional player with the income to back it up.

He brings up the tire thing as an example of an overfocus "realism", but here's the thing "this one little detail is super detailed" is a old marketing trick that I've seen EA sports say for almost every fifa. that the ball physics are "realistic" and they "don't stick to the player" which is very much like these driving sims emphasizing tire deforming.

But, and this is the important part, there ARE good racing games out there you can find.

But you're not going to find them by doing what Raycevick does, which is buy the bad ones, keep playing and spending money on them and then complain.

In essence he is right, but also wrong. And that's kinda interesting. :v:
ImageImage Image Image

Pocket
everything's a little bit weird now

Post by Pocket (?) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:40 am

This popped up in my recommends the other day.

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of...

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:24 am

just stop making games, easy
ImageImage Image Image