New series in 2020: Pony Life

here a forum about pony (General Pony Talk)

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Re: New series in 2020: Pony Life

Post by The Doctor (?) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:49 pm

Thanks for the replies!

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:04 pm

All caught up.

It's fine. It's a little too hyper for me, but I enjoy the simpleness of it all.

Was weird hearing someone other than de Lancie as Discord though. New does a fine job, but he seemed to flip between trying to do a de Lancie impression, and his own thing, I would have preferred he just do his own thing.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:54 pm

In case anyone's wondering, all signs indicate Treehouse will be rerunning episodes 11-12 next week. Unless something changes (which wouldn't surprise me, given Pony Life's odd circumstances so far), we should expect a new batch of episodes on the 23rd.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:17 am

Beginning with Sunday's episodes, Treehouse is airing them ten minutes earlier than usual. They will be starting at 10:50 AM Eastern, not 11 AM.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:43 pm

Fizzbuzz wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:17 am
Beginning with Sunday's episodes, Treehouse is airing them ten minutes earlier than usual. They will be starting at 10:50 AM Eastern, not 11 AM.
what kind of psychotic programming scheduler does this

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:43 pm

Pony Life gets a 2nd season
We know Pony Life is moving to Youtube soon, so there is a good chance it will be there. If not, we can probably expect some channel somewhere to pick it up for weekly viewing. Who knows at this point!
So at this point, MLP's ties to Discovery Family is pretty much over.

Adiwan
Patreon supporter

Post by Adiwan (?) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:46 am

Pony Life 2: Electric Scootaloo.
I would be very disappointed if the creators would miss out this opportunity, especially since their episode titles are bonkers to begin with.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:55 am

You probably noticed already, but if you didn't, there's no more new Pony Life episodes. Treehouse has started airing reruns from the beginning of the series. What looks to be the second half of Pony Life's run is coming eventually, next year, as described two posts above this one.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:30 pm

And here comes the back half of Pony Life:
The My Little Pony universe are back for season two of Pony Life, which will air exclusively on the UK’s much-loved preschool channel Tiny Pop from April.

The new season of 26 episodes will premiere on Tiny Pop at 8.15am on Friday 2nd April.

Pre-schoolers are to be taken on a journey through the wilder side of Equestria when the Cotton Candy Comet sets into motion a series of strange and magical occurrences.

The Mane 6 – Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie – will experience exciting and otherworldly events such as the opening of a magical portal, travelling through time, and even visiting another dimension where they will meet some truly wild new friends.
I'm not sure just how exclusive that claim of exclusivity is, but I also haven't heard anything about DF, Treehouse, etc. picking it up quite yet.

SigmasonicX

Post by SigmasonicX (?) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:24 am

Starting April 10 in the US; so nowhere near as big a difference between non-US and US airings as last season.

The Wild Siders are odd in that they seem like toy-based includes, yet they almost definitely won't get toys.

Anyway, looking forward to this. I'll probably watch it based on the UK airings.

Ransom

Post by Ransom (?) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:00 pm

Hey, it's the Carebear Cousins, pony version!

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:27 pm

My Little Pony: So Many Portals
ImageImageImageImageImage

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:23 am

The first episode thread's up. In keeping with tradition, I'll post them two (four) episodes at a time, in keeping with tradition, even though Tiny Pop is only airing one (two) episode each weekday. Presumably they'll keep that schedule up until May 7, based on TV listings I am seeing so far.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:03 pm

So, it seems Pony Life only had 14 episodes left in the tank, instead of 26. Well then. :-I

I'll have to catch up at some point and post my thoughts as usual. The big difference between last year and this year is that I have a job now, and between that and Tiny Pop's breakneck pace at airing them, it's felt a little overwhelming.

Adiwan
Patreon supporter

Post by Adiwan (?) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:05 am

I have binged the second half of the season. It is as underwhelming as expected.
I didn't hate the series but I'm highly disappointed.

The lack of character consistency made every episode feel hollow and didn't improve in any way since season 1.
The Wild Siders were gimmicky and had no real impact on anything. I even forgot that they existed.
I don't want to be mean to the people animating and writing the episodes but I felt that the show lacked heart to the end and was driven by checkboxes and committees. The format they chose to present the stories are surely a source that made it worse as 5 minute episodes are too short to develop tension, conflict and character and the attempt to implement a larger story over multiple episodes resulted in a disjointed mess with no cohesion.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams