One thing I don’t think I’ll miss is Daring Do episodes. But who knows? This one could be great!
• Fluttershy reading a book?! Has Equestria gone topsy-turvy? No seriously, I can’t recall any time Fluts has been shown reading a book. That’s just never been a part of her storylines. It’s certainly not the case that she’s been secretly illiterate for most of the show and only learned how in time for this episode!
• Have we ever met a sphinx on this show? Seems like a thing that would show up at some point.
• I mean let’s be frank, treasure-hunting adventurers do
raise a number of troubling colonialism questions.
“You know when you think about it, that Joker fellow was right in some ways.”
• Fluts’ concern for spiders and their webs is wonderful.
• Man, you kick ONE puppy and you never hear the end of it. Okay, two puppies.
“We know who you really are! And unless you want us to — wait, there’s two
t’s in ‘Fluttershy’?”
• I bet somewhere there’s a pony version of CinemaSins that chronicles Daring Do’s inconsistencies in the most pedantic and annoying fashion.
“Palpatine was the real hero of Star Wars.”
• I guess that makes Angel her Short Round.
• That hat
• Mesoamerican pony gargoyles are neato.
“Hitler did nothing wrong.”
• Rogue, Withers, and Biff.
you guys this one was so good