S01E10: Swarm of the Century

Episode, movie, and comic book discussion threads are kept here once they have been released.

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

S01E10: Swarm of the Century

Post by The Doctor (?) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Swarm of the Century
Airdate: December 17, 2010
Writer: M.A. Larson
A swarm of adorable pests called parasprites find their way into Ponyville, causing chaos and threatening to ruin Princess Celestia's visit to the town.
Last edited by The Doctor on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Re: Swarn of the Century - Season 1:Episode 10

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:45 pm

Hmm, somehow I missed this thread.

I'm still not terribly fond of this episode's moral. I mean, the way it went, the other five were somehow the ones in the wrong even though Pinkie Pie had done nothing to explain her bizarre actions. The whole problem could've been avoided if only she'd stopped to explain that she could charm the parasprites into leaving town, that actually had a solution and wasn't just being wacky and random like she'd been pretty much entirely up until that point. Maybe this episode would've worked better if it had come later in the series, after there'd been opportunities to establish that Pinkie Pie was more than a one-note jokester.

I do have to give the parasprites credit for wrecking Ponyville even worse than a centaur demon who'd stolen all of Equestria's magic was able to.